Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Loaning Resources

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonster123123 View Post
    Yes I did. You get free loot, and return it with a 40% interest later.
    You clearly have a different definition of "free" to the rest of the world.

It costs you quite a lot.

The thing is, SC wants you to work for what you want. Not for you to spend what you don't have.

If this is added, and players start taking out huge loans, they'll be begging SC to decrease the interest rate, and when SC doesn't, they'll be angry.
    There are always some people who get angry when their unreasonable demands aren't met. Those people are not a valid argument for not doing something.

I will be very surprised if SC do actually implement anything like this, but not for that reason or anything similar, just because it seems unlikely to be of very much benefit to the game as a whole, while being significant effort to develop.

I don't actually see anything much wrong with the idea in principle, provided it is a high interest rate.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #22
    I do think itís an interesting idea although I donít think it will happen.

It will cause many players to regularly sit on empty (or close to) empty storages so their bases donít offer decent loot for stealing. How would you like it if you suddenly find a lot less loaded bases ? Lets not forget during clan games, certain events and vacations, updates etc loot in the game already takes a big hit too at times.

Theres nothing that would prevent players to sit on empty storages quite some time being useless for all the attackers having to skip them. Even with the cool downs in place they could be dry for quite some time.

The interest also means a lot more loot is drained from the economy to repay the loans, which adds another negative strike to the economy.

Lastly, every now and then players just donít make it to reach a big upgrade right before a break or before they have to log off for whatever real life reason. This means at this point they will offer decent loot on defense. With loans making it possible to avoid such situations even more the economy takes another hit.

So yea all in all Iím not a fan and think it has several negative influences on the economy.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    I do think it’s an interesting idea although I don’t think it will happen.

It will cause many players to regularly sit on empty (or close to) empty storages so their bases don’t offer decent loot for stealing. How would you like it if you suddenly find a lot less loaded bases ? Lets not forget during clan games, certain events and vacations, updates etc loot in the game already takes a big hit too at times.

Theres nothing that would prevent players to sit on empty storages quite some time being useless for all the attackers having to skip them. Even with the cool downs in place they could be dry for quite some time.

The interest also means a lot more loot is drained from the economy to repay the loans, which adds another negative strike to the economy.

Lastly, every now and then players just don’t make it to reach a big upgrade right before a break or before they have to log off for whatever real life reason. This means at this point they will offer decent loot on defense. With loans making it possible to avoid such situations even more the economy takes another hit.

So yea all in all I’m not a fan and think it has several negative influences on the economy.
    All good points , still thinking about a solution for large loans but untill that ..

How about make it small like 5mil , that can be used in time when it's real emergency , so we take a 5mil loan , which can be earned back in hours even with that 40% interest , but it's a lifesaver in that time of usage whether it's war or anything else like you want to do upgrades and do not want your builders to be free for even 1 hour to waste the time etc ...

About the system ,
    1-You can get loans for only 1 resource at the time ( gold or elixir )
    2-Cooldown is 1 month
    3-interest 40%
    4-Your afterwards loots would return to the bank untill debt is cleared ( But , for not damaging the loot economy , this stored resources can be looted as well ! just like normal , so u better prepare a good plan and strategy to return this while you're online and be sure that u have time before getting the loan , and as we've chosen 5 mil , it's a reasonable amount that can be prepared in not a long time )
    5- and of course collectors's resources would be go to bank as well and can be looted if u get offline
    6- While in debt , max usable amount of the storage u got it's resource as a loan would be set to 400k so troop cooking and war searches would be fine
    Last edited by HoomanSA; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:31 PM.

Maxed TH13Maxed BH9
    Level 271

The problem is, I think, that this won't really speed up progression. If players take the loot, then spend it, there will be practically nothing left to loot for attackers. If enough people do this, then there will be a miniscule amount of loot in the raiding economy, and the payback will take forever.

Nah... , I play the game as a means of escape from the stress I'm having with paying my bills and debts, I will definitely quit playing Clash of Credits

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    Nah... , I play the game as a means of escape from the stress I'm having with paying my bills and debts, I will definitely quit playing Clash of Credits
    Same here but the idea does have a kernel of something that could be used. How about a new troop? The Loan Shark...or perhaps the Taxman.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Same here but the idea does have a kernel of something that could be used. How about a new troop? The Loan Shark...or perhaps the Taxman.
    Omg.. just by seeing these words or thinking of it.. its a torture..

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    A new hero called Uncle Sam.

One of the gem sinks in this game is charging a premium in gems for resources when you are so close to an upgrade but just lacking that tiny bit. You then need to make the decision, do you gem now or can you afford to wait it out?

Thus, do they really want to add a potentially over-complicated system in the game that would greatly benefit free to play players, potentially damage the in-game economy, and all at the expense of losing a gem sink in the game? Is there really a need to fix what isn't broke? Especially when the amount of free gems given out nowadays means that even f2p players can easily afford to gem the difference?