Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes hero or building will not die with lightning and eq spell

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMT View Post
    Try it in FC

Edit: Here's a video: https://imgur.com/a/EnrChdv
    Wow interesting. Thanks for testing lorenzo

so does anyone know for sure what the hp buff of warden is on defence? It seems to be less than expected

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

Quote Originally Posted by Iftheskyisblue View Post
    Wow interesting. Thanks for testing lorenzo

so does anyone know for sure what the hp buff of warden is on defence? It seems to be less than expected
    It’s a percentage with a maximum as determined by the warden level. Level 50 is a 90% increase capping at 575.

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Damage done by 7x Light = 560x7= 3920
    HP of Max Queen under Warden Aura = 3390+575=3965

Clearly HP of Max Queen under warden is more than the damage 7light can cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    It’s a percentage with a maximum as determined by the warden level. Level 50 is a 90% increase capping at 575.
    Yes but somehting doesn't add up here. Based on the stated warden stats and raks calculations a max queen under warden aura shouldn't die to 7 lightning, but lorenzo's video shows she does.

what is the solution to this riddle?

is hp buff of aura less than expected?
    does queen have lower hp on defence, surely not?
    do lightning spells deal more damage at their core or on heros, surely not?
    other explanations?

Atm i think it must be an issue with the warden aura. Maybe cap is less for heros? Less on defence?

does anyone have any other tests on the value of the warden aura on defence?

i would like to know because i have started to put queen under warden aura in my base builds
    Last edited by Iftheskyisblue; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:41 AM.

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

Well well the calculation says something and the video the other

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMT View Post
    Try it in FC

Edit: Here's a video: https://imgur.com/a/EnrChdv
    The calculation doesn't add up though.
    I am guessing it may be due to 'time lag' of GW turning from normal mode into Defensive Structure mode. Usually GW needed time to walk to his altar and change to Defensive Structure before he starts to attack attacker's troops/heroes, so for his life aura there could be possible time lag and the Lightning strikes before GW turn into a Defensive Structure.

What I see from the replay, yes the lightning did strike after GW turn into a Defensive Structure. Do us all another favor and test it out one more time, this time you drop a troop somewhere else and let the GW turn into Defensive Structure, then after few seconds drop Lightning on AQ, if the AQ still alive then it is obviously a bug that SC need to look into (GW not adding life aura on defensive mode).

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    Earthquake doesnt do damage to heroes or troops. What are you people talking about ?

The answer to op is: lightning has a radius of 5 tiles. 1 in center, 2 on the left and 2 on the right,and up and down. For heroes is less tiles, needs to be on top of the hero.
    lightning spell now strikes only one time with 100% accuracy where u tapů . by the way don't waste your spells in heroes ..use headhunter troop

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    The calculation doesn't add up though.
    I am guessing it may be due to 'time lag' of GW turning from normal mode into Defensive Structure mode. Usually GW needed time to walk to his altar and change to Defensive Structure before he starts to attack attacker's troops/heroes, so for his life aura there could be possible time lag and the Lightning strikes before GW turn into a Defensive Structure.

What I see from the replay, yes the lightning did strike after GW turn into a Defensive Structure. Do us all another favor and test it out one more time, this time you drop a troop somewhere else and let the GW turn into Defensive Structure, then after few seconds drop Lightning on AQ, if the AQ still alive then it is obviously a bug that SC need to look into (GW not adding life aura on defensive mode).
    Lorenzo, could you do another test but this time drop a single troop so to first activate the GW defensive status and to probe if the result is the same buddy...... thanks

https://imgur.com/a/nhvKFXl
    It appears that there is a delay before the warden's aura kicks in, I tried it a couple of times and the queen doesn't die when the warden is in defensive mode. But since you always drop the lightning spells first you can take advantage of this delay.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBeast View Post
    I think there is a glitch where even though you hit the enemy hero or if the building is within the range of the lightning spells it will not be destroyed. Is there a reason for this? The only thing i can think of is that the eye/center of the lightning spell doesnt have as much damage as the perimeter fo the spell.
    The new Lightning has a slightly reduced radius if you observed.
    First off, Earthquakes don't work on Heroes, and it takes about 7 Lightning (not sure about these values) to destroy an AQ, around 4-5 for a GW, and more than 15 for a Barbarian King...

Heroes don't stop moving around their spot until they're alerted of enemy troops and you'd rather Lightning them ONLY if it adds up to the value of destroying some other crucial building like an EA/AD/CC and an Earthquake on that... Sometimes the value was so good, me being a TH10 could 2 star a little rushed TH12.

Hero isn't the objective you want with a Lightning Spell, we have Headhunters and Queen Charges for that... Lightning isn't the only way out even otherwise, but can be an answer to some air attacks, because EA/AD/Sweeper may be huge value if taken out in an air attack....
    Things left to do on my Bucket List:
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

Blow yourself away by reading my brand new idea - The Shadow Spirit!

Great thread. Thanks to OP for highlighting the issue and Lorenzo for the testing. Sometimes I do 11-zap attacks, so attack multiple targets. Just got to remember to start off with the AQ each time now...