Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Without dead bases coc would be alot more challenging

Without dead bases coc would be alot more challenging

I just upgraded to th 11, with my heroes upgrading I can not defeat a functioning level 11 town hall, it would be extremely hard to gain trophies and some loot. Lucky for me there are malfunctioning bases with tons of loot every 30 or 50 clicks. It is convenient and it helps me progress but it takes the fun out of the game. The harder a game is, for me, the more fun it is. So why do we have higher end defense that is malfunctioning? It makes no sense to me. It's a boring grind, and it takes the edge of the game, it's like a loophole invented to make the game more accessible,

So, in my humble opinion, the game would be alot more interesting without the malfunctioning bases and defences.

Oldboy

The real challenges for most players are pushing up trophies and competing at clan wars. Collecting resources and upgrading your base is just the natural progression of the game.
    If you are seeing dead bases, you obviously aren't playing at legend league, so maybe you should try. Legends would be really challenging for a th11.
    Cwl and regular clan wars are very competitive and it's very hard to rise among the best. I'm sure you will find nothing boring about it.
    Last edited by CHANDRIANO; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:02 PM.

Solution. Get good and learn to take on bases without heroes. Or dont put all three down at once. Miners or edrags can get at least a star on bases. However, farming with cheap troops is a legit strategy. I push once heroes are done at a level and then farm at new level. It doesnt always have to be the same.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

The complaint is that you "Next" 30-50 times to find a less challenging dead base and are upset that it is less challenging? I would feel condescending if I gave the obvious solution to the "dilemma".

At Champions 1 with my TH11 I haven't found a dead base in a couple weeks and I will rejoice if I do. I admit I don't search for them, I usually look for under construction defenses to minimize the "challenge" AKA increasing my chance of success.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldboy1979 View Post
    I just upgraded to th 11, with my heroes upgrading I can not defeat a functioning level 11 town hall, it would be extremely hard to gain trophies and some loot. Lucky for me there are malfunctioning bases with tons of loot every 30 or 50 clicks. It is convenient and it helps me progress but it takes the fun out of the game. The harder a game is, for me, the more fun it is. So why do we have higher end defense that is malfunctioning? It makes no sense to me. It's a boring grind, and it takes the edge of the game, it's like a loophole invented to make the game more accessible,

So, in my humble opinion, the game would be alot more interesting without the malfunctioning bases and defences.

Oldboy
    If you you are bored with attacking dead bases then don't attack them. I don't see why this is even an issue to you. You have the option to ignore them and attack fully functioning bases if you want a challenge.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:39 PM.
    | BK 70 | AQ 70 | GW 50 | RC 18 |

Without dead bases, people would naturally climb the trophy league for better loot bonuses.

Clouds would be less of an issue in Titan league as the population would be more evenly spread out.

"Lower legends" would have a bigger range. Right now 4900-5200 seems to be the lower legends range where you can safely do only 4 or 5 attacks per day and stay in legends. This would probably increase to 540 or 5500 if more players entered Legends league.

Centennial Club
    Are you complaining that 2-3 % of the bases you see are not challenging and the other 97-98% are too hard? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by porky1122 View Post
    Without dead bases, people would naturally climb the trophy league for better loot bonuses.

Clouds would be less of an issue in Titan league as the population would be more evenly spread out.

"Lower legends" would have a bigger range. Right now 4900-5200 seems to be the lower legends range where you can safely do only 4 or 5 attacks per day and stay in legends. This would probably increase to 540 or 5500 if more players entered Legends league.
    I'm not sure your logic is correct. First, many people like farming dead bases. Pushing trophies with heroes down is not for everyone, or even many. So, instead of pushing up, they get pushed down. Or quit. The game allows for multiple play styles. The op's post is full of contradictions. They cant take on active bases without heroes but are bored. So do away with dead bases so they are challenged. To fail. Smh.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    If you you are bored with attacking dead bases then don't attack them. I don't see why this is even an issue to you. You have the option to ignore them and attack fully functioning bases if you want a challenge.
    Yes, please skip all those dead bases. I will do my best to attack them for you, so that they don't go unattacked. It's all good.

If you’re sitting there “nexting” 30-50 times to find a dead base, then yes, that is boring. On my minis, I‘ll find a decent target with fewer “nexts”. I’m not necessarily seeking a challenge or pushover but a base that is suitable to attack and has a reasonable payout.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:54 AM.