Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Without dead bases coc would be alot more challenging

Quote Originally Posted by Zera041 View Post
    Sure the loot is okay (not actually that great except the first one) but you had to use your whole army. Meanwhile my th13 in crystal only needs to drop like 5 giants and wizards along with heroes in warden ability to get consistent 600k loot. Pretty sure I get more loot per hour. However, I do concede that crystal life is boring and I will be going back to legends once my heroes are maxed
    Yes but you get a good loot bonus which covers the army cost and you even get a better star bonus.The OP wants to attack challenging bases and wants loot so champions league is just perfect for the OP.
    Last edited by clasher0011; July 12th, 2020 at 12:44 PM.

Hi

Centennial Club
    This problem is just an ILLUSION.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was talking about people below Legends League. Obviously the top TH13 players get to play a version of the game where attacking challenging targets is rewarded with high loot rewards. I am asking about the rest of the players below Legends league. You really shouldn't have to be TH13 before you are allowed to play the interesting version of the game.
    You have never had to choose between easy farming and challenging bases. There are some who have never bothered to worry about nexting non-stop to get the best loot or most comfortable base. I farmed my way through the entire game by nexting only rarely and attacking pretty much whatever base I was given. I got challenging bases and my builders were busy almost nonstop so the farming was good (i probably had to attack more often than the “hit next a 1000 times” crowd because I often failed too. The game isn't either/or It has many more options than that.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

I don't know the solution but I guarantee that supercell can figure it out if they want to. They figured it out for Legends league, there's no reason they can't figure it out for other leagues

One easy start would just be increasing the loot bonuses for winning. Might be all you really need to do
    Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was talking about people below Legends League. Obviously the top TH13 players get to play a version of the game where attacking challenging targets is rewarded with high loot rewards. I am asking about the rest of the players below Legends league. You really shouldn't have to be TH13 before you are allowed to play the interesting version of the game.
    Actually, they did not "figure it out for Legends". If that was true, there would be no complaints, all would be happy. Yet many players, even maxed out ones, have said they avoid Legends. So Legends fits a nitch subset of the population (approximately 450k players). For the others, there are the lower leagues.

As the saying goes, "can satisfy some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time". Some find the Legends version as "interesting", yet others find "lower leagues" interesting. If they made all leagues like Legends, then what would the others do, stop playing? So the question comes down to "percent of population satisfied". We cannot answer that. I do know there was a long duration of many protesting Legends under the old system. I have not seen such outcry from the lower leagues. Hence have to assume majority are content with that in place.

You can get more loot per hour in lower leagues, but less loot per attack.

The whole idea to farm low is to be really active to make it worth it. But I am sure if you attack 10 times a day in Crystal you'd get far less loot overall than 10 attacks in titans.

Higher leagues are for those who don't have that much time to spend boosting and attacking over and over, that's what lower league dead base farmers are for.

Legends did not "solve loot" it just is a better alternative for those who can fit in only 5-8 attacks per day. But if you can get more and are not close to max is better to stay in titans or even lower farming dead bases.

Centennial Club
    I don’t know that I would call it more challenging, but it sure would take a lot longer to level up!

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    I think you dont understand the op completly. He is saying he would like to attack challenging bases, same level as him. But he is forced into looking for dead bases equal with no challenge or fun.

He is forced to aim for dead ones because heroes are probably 75% of the time missing uppgrading. And the cost of keeping builders working exceeds the loot gained from playing the game properly. Active bases plus their league win bonus dont offer enough loot to keep builders working.

Dont mock him. He wants a balanced and challenging game. Not dead base scaveging because for months.
    I don't think people are mocking him, just pointing out the contradictions in what he says.

He wants a complete change to the entire battle system.

The only way you could get what he wants - namely bases at his own TH level which are viable for him to attack - would be to change the entire matching system so that rather than being based mainly on trophies, with a secondary match on close TH level (below Champions), it would be matched mainly on "weight", maybe with a secondary match on trophies.

Quite apart from the fact it would be a huge amount of work to implement, it would also ruin the game for many millions of players.

And you know something? Nobody is "forcing" him to search for those dead bases. He can play the way he wants right now, by just nexting until he finds a challenging but feasible opponent, rather than nexting until he finds a dead base. There are plenty of such opponents out there, no matter what the progression level of your base.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #48
    Yeah again I never said nerf the loot from dead bases. If you want to farm easy bases and get huge loot for no effort, then I don't have any problem with that. I only wish that attacking challenging bases was at least as lucrative (it really ought to be more, but I'd settle for similar). You would have less competition for finding dead bases if the rewards for challenging yourself weren't so low in comparison
    It never will be in low leagues, because the active bases tend to spend most of their loot.

Get up to champions or Titans and you will find plenty of active bases with very good loot.

You never said what TH level you are (OP was TH11, so Champions is certainly viable for him, Titans when he progresses a little), so it isn't obvious whether you can reasonably reach those levels.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #49
    I have never seen any other game operate where they intentionally design the game to make you choose between taking easy rewards with zero effort vs challenging yourself for substantially less rewards. It never ceases to amaze me that people would defend this game design, as if effort and rewards are supposed to be inversely proportional

Don't get me wrong I don't want to nerf the gravy train for people farming dead bases, but it would really be better game design if challenging yourself actually came with equal or better rewards
    Most people don't want to play legends style, and that is the only way they could do what you want, which would of course nerf the gravy train for people farming dead bases.

The game was certainly not intentionally designed "to make you choose between taking easy rewards with zero effort vs challenging yourself for substantially less rewards.". That is just the way it works when you get people not very active, so that loot in collectors builds up. I suspect when SC actually designed the system, they expected most players to be active most of the time.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldboy1979 View Post
    I just upgraded to th 11, with my heroes upgrading I can not defeat a functioning level 11 town hall, it would be extremely hard to gain trophies and some loot. Lucky for me there are malfunctioning bases with tons of loot every 30 or 50 clicks. It is convenient and it helps me progress but it takes the fun out of the game. The harder a game is, for me, the more fun it is. So why do we have higher end defense that is malfunctioning? It makes no sense to me. It's a boring grind, and it takes the edge of the game, it's like a loophole invented to make the game more accessible,

So, in my humble opinion, the game would be alot more interesting without the malfunctioning bases and defences.

Oldboy
    The game would be dead without them.

If you don't find them fun, then don't attack them, tere are plenty of TH11 bases around at similar level to yourself if you want a challenge. Work your way up to Champions, you will find decent loot as well, particularly with the win bonus there. And Titans even better still, though you might struggle a but in Titans until you are a more advanced TH11.