Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use Clash of clans on Amazon Tablets?

Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    [...]
    On Amazon Fire HD 8 (Kids Edition) performance was better. Playable. But it felt somewhat not great even if i could not say why. When i was deploying troops it felt like frames were skipping or something like that. But it was playable, better then Nexus 7. It has a 1.3 GHz CPU quad core and 1.5 Gb Ram. Colors are washed up, some yellow/green tint like it been smeered in poopoo. On home screen it has all this apps wich you cant remove, like Amazon shop, Amazon books, and all that non sense. If you pay extra 10 pounds or something like that they remove them. Wich i found it disgusting, from a company. The ads dont show up in games, just on home screen.

[...]

If you buy a tablet, get something with at least 1.8 GHz power in the core, and at least 1.5 Gb Ram. More cores count for other apps like youtube or different games. For CoC... i believe it uses only one core, but if im wrong dont kill me. I doubt there are tablets nowdays with single core.

Thanks for the details. The **2020** Amazon Fire 8 has a 2GHz processor, still a screen, but probably runs CoC fine, as one guy towards the first replies says. It's quite faster than your 1.3GHz 2017/8218 one.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; July 14th, 2020 at 01:49 PM.

If it has 2GHz CPU id say its a good buy. CoC doesnt require much so dont look at performance or reviews considering other intensive games. Just be aware of RAM to be at least 1.5 or else it will struggle.

I just wish SuperCell would make a proper system requirements post. They have been verry vague in their specifications and i ended up buy tablets wich had absolutly disgusting performance even after meeting game system requirements posted by them. When i tried to start a thread finding out about the system requirements, never got any reply except vague answers from other players, like "on my X tablet runs amazing!" but never saying if its TH 5 or TH13 or any other details. SuperCell didnt update their post about system specs needed probably since TH6 version of the game.

This what SuperCell says about system requirements:

To play our game on Android, you need a device that meets at least the following specifications:
    • 0.5 GB of RAM (1GB or more recommended)
    • Android OS 4.2.2 or better
    • A screen resolution of 800x480
    • We cannot guarantee these specifications alone will be enough to run the game. Devices are made for different purposes, and not all lend themselves well for gaming. Also, the game may be unstable if your phone has a modified OS or a custom ROM.
    As you can see there is nothing about CPU.
    Last edited by dpgza; July 13th, 2020 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    If it has 2GHz CPU id say its a good buy. CoC doesnt require much so dont look at performance or reviews considering other intensive games. Just be aware of RAM to be at least 1.5 or else it will struggle.
    As you can see there is nothing about CPU.
    I'm currently playing on something which I cannot mention here due to tos but I have no other choice since my old galaxy core prime is not enough to play the almost max th13 of mine, and I don't have another device. Due to same reason I'm not doing wars now for quite some time; only donating. I play wars when I can use my friend's tab, but that's not always available. Hence my interest in this thread.
    About performance, my computer battery runs out fast and the processor gets really hot when I'm playing CoC, maybe nothing to do with the game itself I'm not sure. On the tab too, it drains the battery faster while playing CoC which means the processor speed matters. But it's understandable that a single core matters rather than multi-core since it's intended for mobile devices. Reading this thread currently I'm torn between fire hd 8 2020, and the huawei tab. Maybe I should go for the fire hd 8 with a cpu of 2.ghz as it's 90 usd if that speed is sufficient for the game. A poor guy like me cannot go for perfect colours i guess

CoC does drain battery fast, dont know if its because high CPU usage or not. But it does drain it fast. As i said, im not rich either so i ended up buying a cheaper tablet but after another one and so on, so i can play the game on a decent thing.

Just go with Amazon HD 8 if it has a CPU at least 1.8 GHz. Pay atention when you buy it wich version it is, 2018 or 2020.
    Colors we can live with them, if it runs allright game wise. Huawei mediapad m5 lite wich i use still aint verry bright, but still brighter then Amazon tablets and more joyfull colors. Id say buy the Amazon tablet cause its cheaper and save money after for some IPAD or Samsung tablet.

I use a fire 10. Runs with no lag at all, Highly recommended, although there are some keyboard glitches I can't work out. But not a huge biggie. Doesn't seem to make me a better attacker tho...

Come swing your pants at Very Hard. We love Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows

Thanks to TerMinus Prime for signature.

I've had several different fire models. I strongly recommend the latest HD10. Compared to the prior tablets, CoC on the latest HD10 plays much smoother, charges significantly faster than the rate it uses power and has a better quality display. Now that CoC is available from the Amazon store, it is also much easier to load (it used to require sideloading). In my opinion, it is the best bang per buck of any android tablet. I recommend waiting for Prime Day to purchase (it often sells for $100 or less on Prime Day).

Edited to add note: If your keyboard glitches out (this happens about once/week to me), just restart the tablet and everything will work great again.
    Last edited by PapaBear38; July 14th, 2020 at 01:13 AM.
    OP attack: One that the poster doesn't like, wrecks their base and some YouTuber says it broke Clash

-Piper139

I bought an older 10 inch tablet about 1 year ago, and CoC runs really well on it. I bought it because since it was older the price was a bit lower, and it had been replaced by an updated model. So I'd take a look at the following 10 inch tablet if you want something bigger that runs CoC well, and have a lower budget.

Samsung - Galaxy Tab A - 10.1" - Model# SM-T580NZKAXAR

It looks like you can find them for $130 to $160 fairly easy, the cheaper ones are refurbished in some way.
    Last edited by Jeremy43; July 14th, 2020 at 03:25 PM.

Well after seeing this post then spotting a sale for the amazon fire hd8 and needing a new device to play this game on due to the change in tos i went ahead and got one have to admit the price point held the biggest sway as its was on offer at 60 pound so its in my price range anyways on with how clash plays i can honestly say its spot on and no different to playing on my very old applie mini ipad theres no lagging and the game is very responsive the only negative would be the graphics they are not as good as on my mini ipad however that said had i not been playing clash already then i wouldnt of noticed the slight difference but honestly its not a issue
    yes my english writing skills are rubbish and lacks punctuation i am very well aware of this so please keep all comments and pm clash related all i want to do is chat not be reminded how poor my education is thanks

Thanks for the update. Might sway me to try an HD 8 if they're ever on sale in France ^^

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    Thanks for the update. Might sway me to try an HD 8 if they're ever on sale in France ^^
    Well at the risk of getting your hopes up the instructions come in several languages one of them being french so that might suggest it will end up on sale in France but thats a pure guess on my part
    yes my english writing skills are rubbish and lacks punctuation i am very well aware of this so please keep all comments and pm clash related all i want to do is chat not be reminded how poor my education is thanks