Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of ads

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    Same here, lol. I tried to get 'infinite' gems quite a few times back them :-)
    All of those scams, and the scams players see in-game are based on 2 things. 1) Your own greed and 2) Your own gullibility.

If someone came up to me and said, "I can show you how to instantly make a million dollars!" The first question people never ask is, "why isn't this guy making those instant millions for himself?" Instead, they rely on peoples' innate sense of greed in thinking, "OMG I could buy so much with a million dollars!" and lose all sense of objectivity.

Furthermore, if someone said to me they could show me how to make an instant million bucks, then the more people who know how to do it then the less valuable it becomes.

So let's now convert that to video game terms. If someone says they can show you how to, or give you infinite gems, and they're selling that information, common sense would dictate that any game developer would find that loophole pretty quickly and patch it. Common sense would also dictate that if someone knew how to generate infinite gems, they wouldn't be advertising that they could do it and instead would just slowly make maxed accounts and sell those instead of revealing how they get their gems.

But instead, again, players' sense of greed takes over and scammers know how to take advantage of that.

As the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is too good to be true.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    All of those scams, and the scams players see in-game are based on 2 things. 1) Your own greed and 2) Your own gullibility.

If someone came up to me and said, "I can show you how to instantly make a million dollars!" The first question people never ask is, "why isn't this guy making those instant millions for himself?" Instead, they rely on peoples' innate sense of greed in thinking, "OMG I could buy so much with a million dollars!" and lose all sense of objectivity.

Furthermore, if someone said to me they could show me how to make an instant million bucks, then the more people who know how to do it then the less valuable it becomes.

So let's now convert that to video game terms. If someone says they can show you how to, or give you infinite gems, and they're selling that information, common sense would dictate that any game developer would find that loophole pretty quickly and patch it. Common sense would also dictate that if someone knew how to generate infinite gems, they wouldn't be advertising that they could do it and instead would just slowly make maxed accounts and sell those instead of revealing how they get their gems.

But instead, again, players' sense of greed takes over and scammers know how to take advantage of that.

As the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is too good to be true.
    So true 😄😄😃😀😆

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Is this why we don't have Unicorns?

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfHell View Post
    As we know, the actual reason closing public chat is mostly because of the bots who spamming 1$ for 10k to 1m gems ads, all day and night, in chinese and some other region chats. Now they are using the advantage of friends system. They now post their ads on the clan title, then spamming friend request to force player to view their clan which is the gem ads. Isnt that anti bot is now good enough to catch them? How can they still having thousands of these accounts are still alive spamming gems ads?

FYI, OP and those who haven't seen the official responses to why global chat was closed.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12340728

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12339606

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12374307
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:36 PM.
    Thank you Supercell Co-Founder Mikko Kodisoja and good luck on your new adventure.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ft-the-Company

Forum Veteran
    I don't think the reason for ending global was intended to be the primary point of this thread but rather a supporting point for a complaint about ads. I also don't think the OP is worried that he will fall for these ads but he is complaining about them being a nuisance.