Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Profanity in huge list of clan names

  1. #1

    Profanity in huge list of clan names

    Since "game" is now also censored by the profanity filter, shouldn't these outrageous clannames be changed for something more family friendly and this filter applied to clans that use "gaming" (instead of "game") in their name?




    (Screenshots taken with "Filter Clan Chat" setting set to Off)

    Joke aside, screenshots are real. Since a few days the profanity filter became nut, replacing very common worlds (not offensive) with asterisks all the time. It so****mes be**me al*** ****ssible to *****nicate.

    #Edit: I just saw that "test" is also censored
    Last edited by Sakat; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:43 PM.
    Your clan performances during CWL? Easily grab stats with SCS
    ===>More info on the official thread<===

  2. #2
    Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,134
    And the names of two of my accounts, is 'Game Changer'
    Last edited by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:54 AM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    And the names of two of my accounts, is '**** Changer'
    You mean **** Changer?
    Your clan performances during CWL? Easily grab stats with SCS
    ===>More info on the official thread<===

  4. #4
    Furry Bunny wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    15,210
    Have you tryed to turn off your ingame chat filter?

  5. #5
    Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakat View Post
    Since "game" is now also censored by the profanity filter, shouldn't these outrageous clannames be changed for something more family friendly and this filter applied to clans that use "gaming" (instead of "game") in their name?




    (Screenshots taken with "Filter Clan Chat" setting set to Off)


    Joke aside, screenshots are real. Since a few days the profanity filter became nut, replacing very common worlds (not offensive) with asterisks all the time. It so****mes be**me al*** ****ssible to *****nicate.
    Just checked. This doesn't happen for me. The 'Game' is not filtered in either Clan name or Player name, for me. Not sure whether the profanity filter is on/off.
    Last edited by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:59 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    Just checked. This doesn't happen for me. The 'Game' is not filtered in either Clan name or Player name, for me. Not sure whether the profanity filter is on/off.
    I guess it is also linked with the localisation.

    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Have you tryed to turn off your ingame chat filter?
    As written under the screenshots of first post, yes.
    Last edited by Sakat; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:47 PM.
    Your clan performances during CWL? Easily grab stats with SCS
    ===>More info on the official thread<===

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakat View Post
    I guess it is also linked with the localisation.
    I would guess this also.

    There was a thread a couple months ago about someone who couldn't type a specific troop type using quick train army's without it filtering.

    I tried ed it and had no issues even with filters turn on.

  8. #8
    Forum Veteran toofinedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,896
    I tried with the filter on and off. Searching “game” yields results of clans called “game” without using advanced options. What are you doing in your “advanced options” search?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    What are you doing in your “advanced options” search?
    Nothing special in the advanced options. I forgot to say that this filter applies globally in the game: clan description, player name, clan chat. I know sometimes a common word can be profanity in another language but I still have to find in which language "game" and "test" are profanity.
    Your clan performances during CWL? Easily grab stats with SCS
    ===>More info on the official thread<===

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •