Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: heroes following hogs - fix the AI

Trainee

heroes following hogs - fix the AI

For years the AI on heroes following hogs well beyond their defense radius has been an issue. Why has this never been fixed? I remember way back when you guys gave heroes a radius since hogs could easily lure them to the end of the map for an easy kill, why hasnít the opposite happened, they stay in their radius instead of picking off hogs way on the other side of a base?

There's nothing to fix when it's operating as intended.

The range is their trigger radius but once locked on they can travel the entire map.

Level 18
    - 15,990/18,500 | Champion III
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Trainee
    They don’t travel the whole map and there are plenty other troops that trigger them yet they’ll return to their radius once they’ve killed the last troop in the radius. Completely fair if SC wants it this way for hogs, but having played this game since before they gave heroes a radius due to hog lures, it has always bothered me that the opposite “nerf” was never implemented. This is just one small change that would allow hogs to be a bit more viable in high level play, there are too many troops that become obsolete in this game as you progress, hogs shouldn’t be one of them.

It's more of a funny thing instead of a problem. If BK move beyond his defense radius to kill a Hog Rider, then BK is actually doing a favor rather than be lazy and stay in his defense radius. I can't think of any advantage to you from Defender perspective if BK stays in his radius. From Attacker point of view, he will kill just one Hog Rider outside of his defense radius then go back to his defense radius, so it is still not an issue that might affect the your whole attack performance.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    “Fixed” suggests that something is broken, it isn’t broken so in that sense there’s nothing to fix.
    The thing that needs fixing is the hog attackers strategy who thinks he can simply ignore defending heroes.

If defending heroes weren’t such an issue to deal with and hogs would quickly move in and out of their radius that would make them a much more easy and mindless OP spam troop.

And heroes weren’t given a radius due to hog lures, they could be lured to a corner with any old troop. SC just didn’t think much of the strategy that heroes were lured into a corner far away and killed.
    With hogs the heroes follow them as long as they haven’t killed the target they initially selected. If it’s a hog issue they could still be lured with hogs but they can’t. If you try to and they kill the hog luring them they return to their radius.
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:53 AM.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by 4300market View Post
    They don’t travel the whole map and there are plenty other troops that trigger them yet they’ll return to their radius once they’ve killed the last troop in the radius. Completely fair if SC wants it this way for hogs, but having played this game since before they gave heroes a radius due to hog lures, it has always bothered me that the opposite “nerf” was never implemented. This is just one small change that would allow hogs to be a bit more viable in high level play, there are too many troops that become obsolete in this game as you progress, hogs shouldn’t be one of them.
    Hogs are literally the meta right now.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by DoritosSk View Post
    Hogs are literally the meta right now.
    Lol @ literally the Meta when I don’t see them in war or replays from my clan. Such a pervasive strategy

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Lol @ literally the Meta when I donít see them in war or replays from my clan. Such a pervasive strategy
    My clan sees them used in good hybrid attacks in every single war...

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Lol @ literally the Meta when I don’t see them in war or replays from my clan. Such a pervasive strategy
    Search hybrid on google. And I'm with kat, we see hog miner hybrid every single war and I see it every day in legends.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    My clan sees them used in good hybrid attacks in every single war...
    I second that.

We see it from th11-th13s.