Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention to gem-scam spam chat posts

Forum Superstar

Attention to gem-scam spam chat posts

I run a feeder clan, and to allow easy moving To it, I keep it Open.

in recent months, it has been suffering a lot of
    Join - Spam post gem scam post - Leave
    The spamming account is usually TH8-10, looks real, it has a long history in some clan, and I believe it is compromised by the owner entering into the scam

I suggest that supercell put in some effort to censor the gem scam website from chat posts. Maybe just from chat posts by new members. A thing that looks to be the first job is to scan chat text, and to ignore white space characters, and look for the infamous website name.

I Report every such chat spam, have done for months, but reporting appears to have no effect, they keep coming. I don’t know if the report function is ignored because the compromised account has already left.
    Last edited by George1971; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:04 AM.

Yes, this CWL I left the clan open in the mini clan for easy movement to the more active clan, where someone was always on to accept you in.
    Found similar issues and like you, always reported.
    You would like to think that all these reports ends in account bans.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L60 | BK: 50| GW 20 - League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L57 | BK: 50| GW 20 - League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 - League: Legends (Highest) | Max Trophies: 5000+

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    I run a feeder clan, and to allow easy moving To it, I keep it Open.

in recent months, it has been suffering a lot of
    Join - Spam post gem scam post - Leave
    The spamming account is usually TH8-10, looks real, it has a long history in some clan, and I believe it is compromised by the owner entering into the scam

I suggest that supercell put in some effort to censor the gem scam website from chat posts. Maybe just from chat posts by new members. A thing that looks to be the first job is to scan chat text, and to ignore white space characters, and look for the infamous website name.

I Report every such chat spam, have done for months, but reporting appears to have no effect, they keep coming. I don’t know if the report function is ignored because the compromised account has already left.
    They would just modify the text and continue spamming :-)

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    How would they modify the text?

Quote Originally Posted by LostInSpace View Post
    How would they modify the text?
    Just adding another full stop 'xyz..' like this at the end of a sentence for no reason is enough to make a modification for the chat.

Pro Member
    No point in reporting them as they will continue to create new accounts to spam messages

Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    No point in reporting them as they will continue to create new accounts to spam messages
    New accounts mean low TH, so you can easily counter it by some clan settings, and I highly doubt these scammers will go into trouble grinding it just to enter clans with th and trophy settings, so these high THs might be hijacked/scammed accounts, and I think the system is working, I left my clan open after CWL and since today only 2 of them were able to enter and werent able to enter again. Maybe there are just too many of them

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    Strip the white text, and look for the website name, and if there, censor the text, or lock out the account for two minutes.

If they add characters inside the website name, it will make it hard for kids to copy, and defeat the purpose.

Forum Superstar
    Gem scammers are still coming. I’ve been watching to see if the same ones come repeatedly, but I think not, it’s just they they post the same thing.

On further though, I suggest that SC implement a filter: No new member, can post in the chat any message containing the case-insensitive text “g e m”, disregarding any white text or underscores. If they do, then freeze the account for 24 hours.

No genuine new member has ever entered my clans and started talking about gems. I think it is a the simplest clear tell of a gem scam account.

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Gem scammers are still coming. I’ve been watching to see if the same ones come repeatedly, but I think not, it’s just they they post the same thing.

On further though, I suggest that SC implement a filter: No new member, can post in the chat any message containing the case-insensitive text “g e m”, disregarding any white text or underscores. If they do, then freeze the account for 24 hours.

No genuine new member has ever entered my clans and started talking about gems. I think it is a the simplest clear tell of a gem scam account.
    The spammers will just replace 'gems' with 'crystals' or something and continue spamming. Their preys are mostly new players who dont know much(I have seen them calling gems as crystals quite a few times) :-)