Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Losing on Purpose in Champions League 1 needs to be fixed

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardEG View Post
    I dont think having th13 to register for champ league will solve the issue. They can still lose on purpose by placing their terrible layouts.
    Also, they can bypass this rule by having terribly rushed Townhall 13s in the lineup. Seriously though, this still happens? :-)

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post

Just make it mandatory to have 15 TH13s to register for Champ1. Ain't that hard.
    Not that hard, but completely pointless. It would not make the slightest difference to this issue.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul4281 View Post
    Good luck with using your considerable clout ����
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post

Don't think this was the point OP was trying to make with his post.
    This is one of the most unhelpful forum post I have read in recent times.
    Given the ludicrous claim by the OP, he very much brought comments like that on himself.

And unfortunately, making silly claims like that does tend to overshadow the valid point he had.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Yes, Collusion needs to be heavily punished.
    There should be system which shouldn't allow clans without 15+ TH13s in roster to spin in Champs 1.
    No there doesn't. That would not make the slightest difference to collusion.

I know a couple clans in Ch1 which had 15+ TH13s in roster and they matched against their family clan and decided to put lower TH bases when they faced the family clan to give them free 45 stars. But they used TH13s bases against other clans in group.
    I will be keeping an eye on them to see if Supercell enforce this collusion rule in even Ch1 or not.
    They could just as easily have done it while still using TH13 bases. It isn't hard to set up your TH13 base so that it can easile by 3 starred - particularly when it is being hit by the quality of attacker to be expected in champs 1.
    Last edited by Ajax; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No there doesn't. That would not make the slightest difference to collusion.

They could just as easily have done it while still using TH13 bases. It isn't hard to set up your TH13 base so that it can easile by 3 starred - particularly when it is being hit by the quality of attacker to be expected in champs 1.
    Agreed.. Even I can 3 star a 13 if its set up wrong.. And I'm a spammer.

In an ideal world, there’d be a way of marking family clans in the database and they wouldn’t be matched in the same group ... if SC are considering making links and communication between allied clans easier (which was something the rumour mills were rife with not so long ago) maybe this is achievable, as some kind of alliance indicator would be needed to trigger these improvements. Once this field is checked in the database, it can be accessed by other code for other purposes, like not matching in CWL. But then if the overall matching pot isn’t big enough in the tiers in CWL, it would skew the process if there are multiple instances of “x cannot compete against y”. The only way atm presumably is to investigate after the fact and censor, if required, which is human intervention, cost/time heavy and potentially hard to prove unequivocally.

Presumably clans wouldn’t be able to collude like this in the WC’s themselves, as it’s scrutinised, so if they have to cheat to win to get there they most likely won’t be in the running for the prize pot anyway? Or do all clans that get there receive a % share in that pot, regardless (I’ve not paid attention as to who gets what)? It doesn’t solve the issue of them taking another clan’s spot who didn’t collude I realise, but as censorship and/or bannings began to take place, it would hopefully self-regulate and clean up on its own. No-one would risk having their clan and all their top accounts deleted (or whatever they decide to do ... the stick needs to be big ... I’d start with the Leader and COs initially, as a shot across the bows).

Whichever way, it’s no doubt not an easily resolvable issue which means SC need to be given time to do something about it ... they won’t let their flagship event be muddied with accusations of cheating/collusion to get there for very long I wouldn’t have thought, just need to let them go through the motions and find the right solution. Maybe that’s naive of me, but speak as I find, from my experience of this game so far, they’ve not sat on their hands in the past over such things ... just because it’s not happening quick enough for some, doesn’t mean it’s not happening SC is a business after all, same as other businesses, internal processes can sometimes take a while and we’ve already been told numerous times it’s not a massive Clash team. Can’t keep hijacking development time to resolve things that only affect a small proportion of the overall game population ... regardless of a prize pot or how high profile that population is ... the wider game development will have to take priority most of the time I would have thought. There’ll be a roadmap and sorting this will be somewhere on it, no doubt, let them get to it.

My two penneth Feel free to shoot me down ... after all, my clout on here is negligible lol
    Last edited by Amazon Unicorn; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:16 PM.

“Sister in battle, I am shield and blade to you. As I breathe, your enemies will know no sanctuary. While I live, your cause is mine.” The Oath of an Amazon

Thank you so much DragonX101 for the amazing avatar and signature! I’m no longer faceless *grins*!

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Unicorn View Post
    In an ideal world, there’d be a way of marking family clans in the database and they wouldn’t be matched in the same group ... if SC are considering making links and communication between allied clans easier (which was something the rumour mills were rife with not so long ago) maybe this is achievable, as some kind of alliance indicator would be needed to trigger these improvements. Once this field is checked in the database, it can be accessed by other code for other purposes, like not matching in CWL. But then if the overall matching pot isn’t big enough in the tiers in CWL, it would skew the process if there are multiple instances of “x cannot compete against y”. The only way atm presumably is to investigate after the fact and censor, if required, which is human intervention, cost/time heavy and potentially hard to prove unequivocally.

Presumably clans wouldn’t be able to collude like this in the WC’s themselves, as it’s scrutinised, so if they have to cheat to win to get there they most likely won’t be in the running for the prize pot anyway? Or do all clans that get there receive a % share in that pot, regardless (I’ve not paid attention as to who gets what)? It doesn’t solve the issue of them taking another clan’s spot who didn’t collude I realise, but as censorship and/or bannings began to take place, it would hopefully self-regulate and clean up on its own. No-one would risk having their clan and all their top accounts deleted (or whatever they decide to do ... the stick needs to be big ... I’d start with the Leader and COs initially, as a shot across the bows).

Whichever way, it’s no doubt not an easily resolvable issue which means SC need to be given time to do something about it ... they won’t let their flagship event be muddied with accusations of cheating/collusion to get there for very long I wouldn’t have thought, just need to let them go through the motions and find the right solution. Maybe that’s naive of me, but speak as I find, from my experience of this game so far, they’ve not sat on their hands in the past over such things ... just because it’s not happening quick enough for some, doesn’t mean it’s not happening SC is a business after all, same as other businesses, internal processes can sometimes take a while and we’ve already been told numerous times it’s not a massive Clash team. Can’t keep hijacking development time to resolve things that only affect a small proportion of the overall game population ... regardless of a prize pot or how high profile that population is ... the wider game development will have to take priority most of the time I would have thought. There’ll be a roadmap and sorting this will be somewhere on it, no doubt, let them get to it.

My two penneth Feel free to shoot me down ... after all, my clout on here is negligible lol
    #

Far from negligible.. It makes sense.
    Those quick fix, one stroke of the pen suggestions seem to be unrealistic in my view..
    Not because they dont make sense, but I would think if it were as easy as some suggest, it would be done already.

They put a lot of time and effort no doubt into attaining ESL status..
    Seems reasonable that they wont want to let it slip.

If theres no noise, then maybe they are using stealth..
    Bans come in waves after all, and just maybe they are making use of the data that is stacking up.
    If members of forum can spot it, then it stands to reason SC can too.

Hopefully, one day the dam will burst on those that stray off the righteous path,and their apparent discrepancies will be washed away for good.

Undoubtedly, if the labeling or grouping of family clans happens on the SC side, it could lower collusion.

It obviously can't be clans themselves doing the labeling: being able to decide who you can't match is open to abuse.

But, there's already very few clans in C1. Labeling would cause a lot fewer possible matches as well as an increase in CWL groups with fewer than 8 clans. It'd also cause clans to be more likely to be continuously matched with the same non-family clans. Not exactly great side effects and not exactly something that'd increase the players experience.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    #

Far from negligible.. It makes sense.
    Those quick fix, one stroke of the pen suggestions seem to be unrealistic in my view..
    Not because they dont make sense, but I would think if it were as easy as some suggest, it would be done already.

They put a lot of time and effort no doubt into attaining ESL status..
    Seems reasonable that they wont want to let it slip.

If theres no noise, then maybe they are using stealth..
    Bans come in waves after all, and just maybe they are making use of the data that is stacking up.
    If members of forum can spot it, then it stands to reason SC can too.

Hopefully, one day the dam will burst on those that stray off the righteous path,and their apparent discrepancies will be washed away for good.
    Exactly, so we should let them sort it when they have a solution that’s going to work ongoing rather than bunging fingers in holes in dams

Over time, Champions League is only going to grow, we all have accounts getting bigger, clans getting stronger, climbing ladders ... the future is bright, the pot will diversify and it is most likely stuff like this will not happen as easily as it does now as a result
    Last edited by Amazon Unicorn; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:50 PM.

“Sister in battle, I am shield and blade to you. As I breathe, your enemies will know no sanctuary. While I live, your cause is mine.” The Oath of an Amazon

Thank you so much DragonX101 for the amazing avatar and signature! I’m no longer faceless *grins*!

Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    Undoubtedly, if the labeling or grouping of family clans happens on the SC side, it could lower collusion.

It obviously can't be clans themselves doing the labeling: being able to decide who you can't match is open to abuse.

But, there's already very few clans in C1. Labeling would cause a lot fewer possible matches as well as an increase in CWL groups with fewer than 8 clans. It'd also cause clans to be more likely to be continuously matched with the same non-family clans. Not exactly great side effects and not exactly something that'd increase the players experience.
    There were approx 80 groups entered into the May season of cwl..
    So still a significant enough number of clans.

Not sure if the numbers are still shrinking, or whether the numbers have levelled out, as been no data released this term..
    But they could still have a system whereby sister clans cant be matched, if that indeed was a significant enough problem to warrant intervention.

PS.. I would like to see the numbers begin to swell again in preparation for an extra tier being added.
    ATM, if they extended the groups, with top from each group promoting, then a premier league (Titan has been suggested) could be formed with only 10 groups.
    Sounds okay to me, but any collusion there would impact the system even more severely due to the lower numbers.