Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Losing on Purpose in Champions League 1 needs to be fixed

I think the OP was making a joke re the clout comment. It was hilarious! Where are everyone's sarcasm detectors? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Not that hard, but completely pointless. It would not make the slightest difference to this issue.
    Ofc Mr. Allknowing. Maybe they should add such a rule first and let's see than?
    I can guarantee it the number of those clans losing on purpose will be lower.
    Ofc anyone can still do it even with 15 TH13s but saying it's pointless and will make zero difference is just a ridiculous statement.
    Champ 1 is a Qualifer for the WC and gettin top4 actually wins you money. It should be a level field and have a fair chance for everyone competing, shouldn't it?
    Last edited by MyH4oBG; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:35 PM.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post
    Ofc Mr. Allknowing. Maybe they should add such a rule first and let's see than?
    And maybe they shouldn't.

But then they are exceedingly unlikely to even consider addiing a rule "to see what will happen".

I can guarantee it the number of those clans losing on purpose will be lower.
    Maybe, very slightly, but it won't make the slightest difference to the cheats.,

The very few who might just not do so are those who want out of Champs 1.

Those who are doing it for the purpose of collusion, which is what this tread is about will still cheat.

Ofc anyone can still do it even with 15 TH13s but saying it's pointless and will make zero difference is just a ridiculous statement.
    Only to people who know little of human nature.

Cheats are not put off by very minor mechanical hurdles.

Champ 1 is a Qualifer for the WC and gettin top4 actually wins you money. It should be a level field and have a fair chance for everyone competing, shouldn't it?
    Of course.

But your suggestion will make virtually no difference to that, while causing more collateral harm.

As is usually the way with "easy" or "obvious" solutions.

As oters have said, if it were that easy, they would certainly have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    There were approx 80 groups entered into the May season of cwl..
    So still a significant enough number of clans.

Not sure if the numbers are still shrinking, or whether the numbers have levelled out, as been no data released this term..
    But they could still have a system whereby sister clans cant be matched, if that indeed was a significant enough problem to warrant intervention.

PS.. I would like to see the numbers begin to swell again in preparation for an extra tier being added.
    ATM, if they extended the groups, with top from each group promoting, then a premier league (Titan has been suggested) could be formed with only 10 groups.
    Sounds okay to me, but any collusion there would impact the system even more severely due to the lower numbers.
    Yeah 80 groups is a fair amount.

Lets ponder some more on this idea of ruling out grouping of clans that are labeled as family: We're essentially dispersing clans that have links to other clans. One clan by itself can have links to other clans anywhere between zero and some very high number.

Now if all clans within the C1 pool have an average amount of links close to zero, this suggestion won't really do much.

If all clans have an average amount of links close to 1, you're effectively halving the possible groups a clan can be put in.
    If all clans have an average amount of links close to 2, the possible groups drop to 1/3 etc.

I just don't see it as viable method of combating collusion, because of side effects.

I agree, though off topic, that Titan League needs to happen.
    Last edited by Munitor; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:31 PM.

Centennial Club
    Players watch others play a game?

I think SC should 1) make a rule against it; 2) make a new way for clans to drop out of C1 without doing what they are doing; then 3) punish clans for doing it...severely.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

No there doesn't. That would not make the slightest difference to collusion.
    It will make a difference.
    There are clans which intentionally put lower TH in roster in Ch1, while their TH13s do CWL elsewhere.
    Most of the time these lower THs are alternate minis
    I know people who are fine with losing on their mini lower TH accounts but no so much on their main TH13 accounts.
    They could just as easily have done it while still using TH13 bases. It isn't hard to set up your TH13 base so that it can easile by 3 starred - particularly when it is being hit by the quality of attacker to be expected in champs 1.
    Changing bases to FWA style or easy bases will need to have all 15 players involved.
    While just a single co-leader can change roster to lower THs, just for 1 war against the family clan.Some players in that 15 line up may be innocent and didn't have anything to do with collusion.
    So, this will make a difference for sure.
    Last edited by Rak2180; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:13 AM.
    Wanna join a Competitive all TH13 Champs 1 war clan?Click here

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    It will make a difference.
    There are clans which intentionally put lower TH in roster in Ch1, while their TH13s do CWL elsewhere.
    Most of the time these lower THs are alternate minis
    I know people who are fine with losing on their mini lower TH accounts but no so much on their main TH13 accounts.

Changing bases to FWA style or easy bases will need to have all 15 players involved.
    While just a single co-leader can change roster to lower THs, just for 1 war against the family clan.Some players in that 15 line up may be innocent and didn't have anything to do with collusion.
    So, this will make a difference for sure.
    The leaders of C-1 clans would probably have 15 townhall 13 accounts to spare(or at least, they would easily be able to get 13s from other smaller level clans) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    The leaders of C-1 clans would probably have 15 townhall 13 accounts to spare(or at least, they would easily be able to get 13s from other smaller level clans) :-)
    Chance of one having 15 TH13 accounts of their own is extremely low.
    Also one is less likely to risk getting banned due to collusion with their TH13 accounts than with a mini TH8 or 9.
    Last edited by Rak2180; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:32 AM.
    Wanna join a Competitive all TH13 Champs 1 war clan?Click here

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Chance of one having 15 TH13 accounts of their own is extremely low.
    Also one is less likely to risk getting banned due to collusion with their TH13 accounts than with a mini TH8 or 9.
    Think the mist is clearing on your proposal..
    To clarify.. Are you suggesting Champ 1 clans should only be allowed to register 13s, and no other hall?

If so, I can see where it would lessen the options for those whom dont wish to remain competitive for 7 consecutive days..
    But for SC to buy into it, that would be a big change to the normal direction they usually take with clan matters and cwl in general.

Think there were 642 clans participated in June cwl (havent any data for this season)..
    A change in the rules of the magnitude you seem to be suggesting for 9,630+ team members (15 per clan minimum) would require significant and widespread problems in order to justify it..

Plus the longer term potential would be that any clan whom could not meet the quota of accounts for any reason would be prohibited from even entering..
    And currently SC guarantee cwl participation for anyone, regardless of size or build.

Surely, a better option would be to become pro active in banning the cheaters..
    No disrespect meant.. But If Onyx can spot it, and highlight every dodgy result for the whole of Champs 1, surely SC can.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:52 AM.