Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Behaviour Change in Geared Up Mortar

Behaviour Change in Geared Up Mortar

Currently the behaviour of multi mortar is not so different from the normal mortar. 3 different shells dropping in the same direction giving the same damage combined.

The change I am suggesting is the 3 shells to be dropped in different directions within the range. like the inferno set in multi mode targets multiple troops.

There is no added advantage but significant change in behaviour.

The geared up mortar's behavior is based on the multi-mortar in the Builder Base. The whole concept of the gear up is that the Master Builder brings his creation from the Builder Base to the Home Village. Your request for new mortar behavior goes against that concept.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    The geared up mortar's behavior is based on the multi-mortar in the Builder Base. The whole concept of the gear up is that the Master Builder brings his creation from the Builder Base to the Home Village. Your request for new mortar behavior goes against that concept.
    In builder base only the archer towe has an option to switch from long to short. Double cannon and multi mortar don't. Why did the master builder not add switch in builder base and thought let's do something different in town hall and add switches to cannon and mortar. If he has already thought of doing something different by adding switch why not implement my idea too.
    Last edited by ThunderAkshay; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:54 PM.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderAkshay View Post
    Currently the behaviour of multi mortar is not so different from the normal mortar. 3 different shells dropping in the same direction giving the same damage combined.

The change I am suggesting is the 3 shells to be dropped in different directions within the range. like the inferno set in multi mode targets multiple troops.

I don't know why you say there'd be no added advantage. Other than the obvious that if there were no advantage, you wouldn't be asking to have it changed, I think it'd have a substantial advantage. You would essentially have three different mortars firing at three different targets all within the same space on the map. And since mortars deal splash damage, the collateral damage would be very much higher than it is now. I should also point out that geared up mortars deal already more damage per second than a regular mortar. Saying they give the same damage is incorrect.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 711 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderAkshay View Post

They idea behind geared up buildings is that they increase DPS (and also match their counterparts in BB). The geared archer matches the short-range archer tower, double cannon matches double cannon, and geared mortar matches multi-mortar.

So, right now, that concept is held true!. All buildings that have been geared have had their DPS increased.