Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Can you use your clash of clans account in another country? (moving)

Fresh Spawn

Question Can you use your clash of clans account in another country? (moving)

Hi Guys I was just curious on what happens to your account when you move to another country ?
    My whole Family plays clash of clans at the moment.

Due to pandemic in USA we might be moving to India next year in 2021 March-May
    I was wondering does our account get banned the minute we use clash of clans in India?

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO REPLIED BACK TO THIS POST
    STAY SAFE
    Last edited by GtSilver341; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GtSilver341 View Post
    Hi Guys I was just curious on what happens to your account when you move to another country ?
    My whole Family plays clash of clans at the moment.

Due to pandemic in USA we might be moving to India next year in 2021 March-May
    I was wondering does our account get banned the minute we use clash of clans in India?
    No, it does not get banned. You continue to play as usual. If your account is set up as based in the USA and you want it changed to be India (like for your local trophy leaderboard) you can make a one-time request to support to have that changed. It isn't needed though.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    No, it does not get banned. You continue to play as usual. If your account is set up as based in the USA and you want it changed to be India (like for your local trophy leaderboard) you can make a one-time request to support to have that changed. It isn't needed though.
    Better safe than sorry........

Quote Originally Posted by LostInSpace View Post
    What is needed in terms of being safe? I've played clash in many countries and out to sea not in any country at all and never had an issue. Perhaps if I was flying across the world I wouldn't want to push it by playing in multiple different countries in the same day is it could look like account sharing, but I don't know the details of how SC investigates that so I don't know if that would cause any harm either.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Centennial Club
    I played in the US, in flight, England, and France all in a 24 hour period, never an issue. You will be fine.
    FlatulusMaximus-TH13
    Former Leader of Exiled Kings-#9UQRYVLJ RIP

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LostInSpace View Post
    What would be "safe" here?

There is absolutely no issue whatsoever with moving from one country to another, and absolutely no need whatsoever to have support change your location, which is just defaulted to the area you originally downloaded the game in.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    What is needed in terms of being safe? I've played clash in many countries and out to sea not in any country at all and never had an issue. Perhaps if I was flying across the world I wouldn't want to push it by playing in multiple different countries in the same day is it could look like account sharing, but I don't know the details of how SC investigates that so I don't know if that would cause any harm either.
    I have played in the morning in the Canaries, in the afternoon on the flight over the Atlantic and Western Europe, then in the evening at home in the UK, all in the space of 12 hours, with no issues at all.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I have played in the morning in the Canaries, in the afternoon on the flight over the Atlantic and Western Europe, then in the evening at home in the UK, all in the space of 12 hours, with no issues at all.
    Uh oh...

Just kidding...
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 711 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

If you got on vacation in another country, just don't use your CoC account. No one wants to have to wait for a response from customer service and then have to answer questions you have to research. How much research you have to do depends on your memory sometimes and your ability. Some people will say it is extremely easy. If you've changed google play accounts which you've used to bill your account more than 10 times...or if you have a whole bunch of devices you use to play your account, and if you were traveling when you opened your account, you might have to do extra research and hope your answers are correct.
    Last edited by Galluccio; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    If you got on vacation in another country, just don't use your CoC account. No one wants to have to wait for a response from customer service and then have to answer questions you have to research. How much research you have to do depends on your memory sometimes and your ability. Some people will say it is extremely easy. If you've changed google play accounts which you've used to bill your account more than 10 times...or if you have a whole bunch of devices you use to play your account, and if you were traveling when you opened your account, you might have to do extra research and hope your answers are correct.
    What makes you think using your account in another country on vacation poses any risks, contrary to those of us above who have experienced it without a problem?