Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Increase the 10 star reward for winning a Clan War round

Increase the 10 star reward for winning a Clan War round

I think the 10 star reward for winning a Clan war round should be increased to 25 or 50 stars. Currently you can win every round of a war in a 30v30 and not even get promoted never mind win the league. Surely if you win every round you should automatically win the league. Thatís like Liverpool winning every premier league football match but losing the league because Manchester City although they lost more games they scored more goals than them

I'm not sure I agree because CoC has always traditionally been about who gets the most stars not the most wins persay.

Statistically it's improbable, but not impossible...obviously, for one to win all seven wars, get the additonal 70 stars, and still not place first as that's a lot of stars to overcome, but if that does happen you'd probably be better off asking yourself how can your Clan be more efficient with your attacks.

Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Well itís happened to our clan in the last 2 clan wars. Weíve won every round the last 2 wars and not got promoted never mind win the league. If you win every round you should win the league. It like winning the Grand Slam in the six nations other teams canít win over you because youíve beat every team so the bonus points awarded donít matter. This is the same
    Last edited by dommie1986; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:43 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by dommie1986 View Post
    I think the 10 star reward for winning a Clan war round should be increased to 25 or 50 stars. Currently you can win every round of a war in a 30v30 and not even get promoted never mind win the league. Surely if you win every round you should automatically win the league. That’s like Liverpool winning every premier league football match but losing the league because Manchester City although they lost more games they scored more goals than them
    Well it’s happened to our clan in the last 2 clan wars. We’ve won every round the last 2 wars and not got promoted never mind win the league. If you win every round you should win the league. It like winning the Grand Slam in the six nations other teams can’t win over you because you’ve beat every team so the bonus points awarded don’t matter. This is the same
    if they were going to increase the daily win bonus to a total which would make winning wars pivotal to finishing position, then they should change the primary scoring system from stars to wins, with stars as secondary condition, then destruction as a third.
    They could have done this from the start, or even with the update, but chose to use stars instead.

My own thought is that stars increases activity, as opposed to wins, in which simply outscoring the opposition would suffice.
    It also allows a clan to have an off day, and still enjoy success come the end of the week.
    Lets remember cwl is an amalgamated score built up over several days against each opponent in your league, rather than 7 stand alone battles.

As for it happening to your clan last 2 seasons.. What tier are you in?
    If its Crystal 1 or above, then it can happen naturally, as only 1 clan advances..
    But any lower, then you have either a wrong mental approach, in that you are concentrating on winning the war too much, instead of looking for stars..
    Or you need to get your activity up, as any clan winning 7 wars, thereby adding an extra 70 stars to your score, shouldnt be finishing below second place.

Myself.. I am either/or.. They can make wins the primary criteria, or they can keep it stars..
    There will be a different mindset to whichever it is, but so long as it is announced, then everybody is on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    if they were going to increase the daily win bonus to a total which would make winning wars pivotal to finishing position, then they should change the primary scoring system from stars to wins, with stars as secondary condition, then destruction as a third.
    They could have done this from the start, or even with the update, but chose to use stars instead.

My own thought is that stars increases activity, as opposed to wins, in which simply outscoring the opposition would suffice.
    It also allows a clan to have an off day, and still enjoy success come the end of the week.
    Lets remember cwl is an amalgamated score built up over several days against each opponent in your league, rather than 7 stand alone battles.

As for it happening to your clan last 2 seasons.. What tier are you in?
    If its Crystal 1 or above, then it can happen naturally, as only 1 clan advances..
    But any lower, then you have either a wrong mental approach, in that you are concentrating on winning the war too much, instead of looking for stars..
    Or you need to get your activity up, as any clan winning 7 wars, thereby adding an extra 70 stars to your score, shouldnt be finishing below second place.

Myself.. I am either/or.. They can make wins the primary criteria, or they can keep it stars..
    There will be a different mindset to whichever it is, but so long as it is announced, then everybody is on the same page.
    We are in Crystal 2. The approach taken is to attack mirror base, what seems to cost us is either a couple of weak attacks or someone not attacking. But we normally use 28+ attacks so we are doing everything right hence why we are winning every round. We normally average around 50-65 stars a round.

Iím happy with the stars being the measure for the leagues. I just think they should increase the number rewarded for winning a round as clearly winning rounds should matter more than it seems to in terms of winning the league. We going to finish 3rd in our league having won every round which means the team finishing 2nd will have lost 2 rounds and still finished above us by 7 stars.

We are in Crystal 2. The approach taken is to attack mirror base, what seems to cost us is either a couple of weak attacks or someone not attacking. But we normally use 28+ attacks so we are doing everything right hence why we are winning every round. We normally average around 50-65 stars a round.

I’m happy with the stars being the measure for the leagues. I just think they should increase the number rewarded for winning a round as clearly winning rounds should matter more than it seems to in terms of winning the league. We going to finish 3rd in our league having won every round which means the team finishing 2nd will have lost 2 rounds and still finished above us by 7 stars.
    The bonus award of 10 stars was introduced at the start, in October '18..
    It works well for the 15v option.

30v wasnt added till the spring update of March '19..
    I would agree that those 10 stars have far less influence with 90 stars per day on the table.
    Maybe it was an oversight on their part that the bonus wasnt increased, or maybe they thought that it would influence the result too much.

But I can agree that it is unfortunate to win all 7 rounds and still not promote..
    More so if your activity is good.
    Good luck going forward dommie.

Forum Elder
    Well itís happened to our clan in the last 2 clan wars. Weíve won every round the last 2 wars and not got promoted never mind win the league. If you win every round you should win the league. It like winning the Grand Slam in the six nations other teams canít win over you because youíve beat every team so the bonus points awarded donít matter. This is the same
    It's possible to do a 6 Nations slam & lose the title.

Five 4 point wins nets 20; 4 bonus point wins & bonus point loss gets 21 points.

It's even possible for a team to do a slam with 2 bonus point wins & still lose! It's rare, but you can pick up 2 bonus points for a loss; lose by less than 7 & get a try bonus. So a team could hit 22 points even with a loss & take the title on score difference.

Highly improbable, but definitely possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    It's possible to do a 6 Nations slam & lose the title.

Five 4 point wins nets 20; 4 bonus point wins & bonus point loss gets 21 points.

It's even possible for a team to do a slam with 2 bonus point wins & still lose! It's rare, but you can pick up 2 bonus points for a loss; lose by less than 7 & get a try bonus. So a team could hit 22 points even with a loss & take the title on score difference.

Highly improbable, but definitely possible!
    No itís not possible as they put a rule in place to prevent this. If you do the grand slam you are champion regardless

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    The bonus award of 10 stars was introduced at the start, in October '18..
    It works well for the 15v option.

30v wasnt added till the spring update of March '19..
    I would agree that those 10 stars have far less influence with 90 stars per day on the table.
    Maybe it was an oversight on their part that the bonus wasnt increased, or maybe they thought that it would influence the result too much.

But I can agree that it is unfortunate to win all 7 rounds and still not promote..
    More so if your activity is good.
    Good luck going forward dommie.
    Thanks joshsgrandad that would explain why it may have been overlooked because 30v30 was added latter

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Well it’s happened to our clan in the last 2 clan wars. We’ve won every round the last 2 wars and not got promoted never mind win the league. If you win every round you should win the league. It like winning the Grand Slam in the six nations other teams can’t win over you because you’ve beat every team so the bonus points awarded don’t matter. This is the same
    There are some minor similarities, but no it is not the same.

And if you have managed to do that twice, sorry, but that says a lot about your attacking abilities. It can happen, but does so extremely infrequently. You have to have actually scored at least 10 fewer stars (not counting win bonuses) than the clan who won.

But the point here is that CWL position is not based on wins, but rather on stars. SC added the 10 star bonus so there would be some benefit in winning wars, but they specifically did NOT want wins to be the determining factor.

If they had wanted wins to be a determining factor, then position would have been based on wins, with stars as a tiebreaker, rather than being based on stars, with damage as a tiebreaker.