Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spam threads

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    As of now, there are 10 spam threads posted 1 HOUR ago. The funny thing is that when someone genuinely asks a question, that thread gets deleted within 5 mins citing tos but those spam threads stay for hours. Maybe SC is asleep at this time in Finland but once you post a thread they don't like they instantly wake up with an erected tos.
    As Cowslips noted, it's likely that whatever thread you're talking about being closed in 5 minutes was reported by another member, whereas you never reported the spam threads you saw. Start using the report button to report them. It'll be a new experience for you.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 711 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    Spam is, unfortunately, a fact of forum life. As has been pointed out, much of the spam is automatically caught and isn't visible to forum members. The rest is swept up by Mods.

It's always helpful when members report spam - thank you to those who do.
    Hey Cowslips, I’m often torn between the should I report it or am I stating the blindingly obvious to someone by doing so options Can I just check, when you say “report it” is it by clicking on that little exclamation point bottom left (not used that yet) or PM’ing a Mod? Am happy to do it if it helps, there was a tonne of it today, just unsure of the correct way to go about it Can you give a steer ...

Thanks

EDIT: Just read Sharky’s note must have posted while I was faffing with typing ... stand down on the steer, got it, will use the button in future to help
    Last edited by Amazon Unicorn; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:17 PM.

“Sister in battle, I am shield and blade to you. As I breathe, your enemies will know no sanctuary. While I live, your cause is mine.” The Oath of an Amazon

Thank you so much DragonX101 for the amazing avatar and signature! I’m no longer faceless *grins*!

Blimey, you have to wait 95 seconds in between using the report button ... can that be waived for spam reports? If there’s a tonne of them that’s just going to be frustrating, so not surprising they don’t get reported

“Sister in battle, I am shield and blade to you. As I breathe, your enemies will know no sanctuary. While I live, your cause is mine.” The Oath of an Amazon

Thank you so much DragonX101 for the amazing avatar and signature! I’m no longer faceless *grins*!

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Unicorn View Post
    Blimey, you have to wait 95 seconds in between using the report button ... can that be waived for spam reports? If there’s a tonne of them that’s just going to be frustrating, so not surprising they don’t get reported
    You don't need to report all of them.

Just report the one from any given user. When we delete Spam threads, we have an option to also delete all other posts by that user, which we use.

And if there are a large number at once in one forum, then just report one, and say something like "plus a lot of others in this forum".
    Also, the ones which are liable to sit around longest if not reported are the ones in the relatively low traffic sub-forums, because we are less likely to happen across those. The ones in Clash/general for instance, will almost always be picked up pretty quickly when a mod is online. While those in Forum Talk, or Clash/Strategy and Tactics are likely to be slower to be seen, and reports are more likely to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You don't need to report all of them.

Just report the one from any given user. When we delete Spam threads, we have an option to also delete all other posts by that user, which we use.

And if there are a large number at once in one forum, then just report one, and say something like "plus a lot of others in this forum".
    Also, the ones which are liable to sit around longest if not reported are the ones in the relatively low traffic sub-forums, because we are less likely to happen across those. The ones in Clash/general for instance, will almost always be picked up pretty quickly when a mod is online. While those in Forum Talk, or Clash/Strategy and Tactics are likely to be slower to be seen, and reports are more likely to help.
    Okey dokey, will do that when I spot them then ... cheers Ajax ... you have become my favourite “Mod of the Day” today Have a virtual, COVID-free hug *hugs Ajax* in appreciation of the stuff you do

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Unicorn View Post
    Hey Cowslips, I’m often torn between the should I report it or am I stating the blindingly obvious to someone by doing so options Can I just check, when you say “report it” is it by clicking on that little exclamation point bottom left (not used that yet) or PM’ing a Mod? Am happy to do it if it helps, there was a tonne of it today, just unsure of the correct way to go about it Can you give a steer ...

Thanks

EDIT: Just read Sharky’s note must have posted while I was faffing with typing ... stand down on the steer, got it, will use the button in future to help
    No problem. To add to what Ajax wrote, in addition to only needing to report a particular spammer once, you can also combine multiple spammers in one report. It helps if you include links to other spammers, but it's not always necessary.

For example, you could report a spam thread and in the note just write "There are several other spam threads in General Discussion, too." or you could get more verbose and write "I also found another spam thread in Neighborhood Discussion. Here's the link: <link>."
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 711 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme