Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Do u feel Gold pass could have been less expensive?

Do u feel Gold pass could have been less expensive?

As per other games with pass system if we look we have to spend just a single time . I will not mention the game names . I guess u already understand . So they need u to spend only 8$ in game for once and its done for lifetime.But in case it requires 5$ every month . Is it even a possibility for it to be less expensive? Guys with huge money pls stay away . I am a student and hardly get 2$ as pocket money. Am from india . so not possible to spend money every 1 month
    EDIT:- I HAVE TAKEN GOLD PASS THIS SEASON AND WILL NOT ABLE TO AFFORD ANOTHER FOR NEXT 3 MONTH

Different games. Different passes. Different values. For the value you get in the gold pass, it is extremely cheap.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by rahultarafdar View Post
    As per other games with pass system if we look we have to spend just a single time . I will not mention the game names . I guess u already understand . So they need u to spend only 8$ in game for once and its done for lifetime.But in case it requires 5$ every month . Is it even a possibility for it to be less expensive? Guys with huge money pls stay away . I am a student and hardly get 2$ as pocket money. Am from india . so not possible to spend money every 1 month
    EDIT:- I HAVE TAKEN GOLD PASS THIS SEASON AND WILL NOT ABLE TO AFFORD ANOTHER FOR NEXT 3 MONTH
    If you can't afford it then don't buy it. But clearly supercell is making tons of money off it and think it's appropriately priced otherwise there would've been a price reduction by now. It's been over a year since the gold pass started so I'm sure their sales speak volumes. Have you stopped to consider that students and poorer players are not the type of buyers they're hoping to attract?
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:46 AM.
    | BK 70 | AQ 70 | GW 50 | RC 18 |

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Different games. Different passes. Different values. For the value you get in the gold pass, it is extremely cheap.
    Well u getting some mythic legendsry and whatever items is in there for free rest of ur life just by one time spending . How does it seems cheap though! The pass we are talking about is far more cheap than gold pass i believe

Well u getting some mythic legendsry and whatever items is in there for free rest of ur life just by one time spending . How does it seems cheap though! The pass we are talking about is far more cheap than gold pass i believe
    It doesn't matter whether it's cheap or not. You're not seeing this from a business perspective. Why would advertise a one time purchase when they could clearly make way more money by offering it on a monthly basis? Supercell isn't a charity, they're a business that needs to make money. And when a business finds a way to make a steady profitable stream of continuous income then you can bet they'll continue the business model that they use.

Guys with huge money pls stay away i already said
    I do not have huge money. Every month I make just a little bit more than what I pay so please dont think that just because I pay for the pass that it means I'm loaded with money because I'm absolutely not. I just choose to spend money on a game I enjoy when I don't spend money on any other game.

And you have no place to tell others not to comment. This is a player forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion and can express that opinion in a constructive way.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    It doesn't matter whether it's cheap or not. You're not seeing this from a business perspective. Why would advertise a one time purchase when they could clearly make way more money by offering it on a monthly basis? Supercell isn't a charity, they're a business that needs to make money. And when a business finds a way to make a steady profitable stream of continuous income then you can bet they'll continue the business model that they use.
    I am not asking about same principle just like other pass but some reduction in amount monthly can not only attract others but also helps those who cant afford such high amount every month especially students or under ages i mean

I am not asking about same principle just like other pass but some reduction in amount monthly can not only attract others but also helps those who cant afford such high amount every month especially students or under ages i mean
    If they were to cut the price by even $1 then that means they've reduced the price by 20%, so they then need to have 25% more players buying the pass every month just to break even. This is simple economics and cost-benefit analysis. They're not going to reduce the price if it means their total net profit will drop just so they could attract other potential paying players. But it sounds like $1 reduction is not even going to be enough to be able to have players like you continuously buy then pass. So what if they reduce it to $3? Now they need 40% more players buying the pass to break even.

And on top of all of that, supercell would drastically reduce the rewards from the gold pass to compensate for the decreased price. They wouldn't offer the same rewards for lower prices.

Edit: thank you kaledonian for pointing out my mathematical error!
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:46 AM.

What are are getting from the gold pass is a significant amount of time reduction. First the perks. 20% decrease in training time, building cost and time, and research cost and time. This is huge a higher levels. Each pass usually contains 3 to 4 books. More time saved. Potions. More time. Runes. No need to raid to fill storage. Compare the gold pass to purchasing those items from the trader. 1 hero book costs 500 gems. To buy 500 gems from the shop is 5$. It is by far the absolute best value for spending money in the game. That is the only real comparison. From the times I've looked at those other battle passes, they do not give you nearly the content a gold pass does.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    What are are getting from the gold pass is a significant amount of time reduction. First the perks. 20% decrease in training time, building cost and time, and research cost and time. This is huge a higher levels. Each pass usually contains 3 to 4 books. More time saved. Potions. More time. Runes. No need to raid to fill storage. Compare the gold pass to purchasing those items from the trader. 1 hero book costs 500 gems. To buy 500 gems from the shop is 5$. It is by far the absolute best value for spending money in the game. That is the only real comparison. From the times I've looked at those other battle passes, they do not give you nearly the content a gold pass does.
    I am here talking on behalf for the underages who cant still spent the money evry month . Surely gold pass is the BEST the coc has offered then why not make it more affordable for all guys rather than just working guys