*UPDATED FOR 4 MORTARS*
Table of Contents:
- The Tempest (images of base)
- Features of the base
- My clan (Cavebears)
- Version history (from the start!)
- My other base designs
Hello! I am Tempest and welcome to my first ever base design thread! You can find me in my amazing clan: Cavebears.
My IGN is Tempest.
This base is solely created with my own imagination and is completely unique.
The purpose of this thread is to display my own base design, but at the same time accepting constructive criticism to further improve it. I have actually spent quite a lot of time in making this thread, so I hope you can appreciate it!
When first designing this base, I really wanted something different looking with its own uniqueness. I was originally going to try making a modified "Southern Teaser" kind of base, but it didn't work out and I ended up with this. I know that many popular base designs have many of the same elements which make it successful, so I am hoping that I can do the same with this one.
Please feel free to change things around! It is the dynamics of the base which make it what it is today. Being able to move things around freely without messing up the elements of the base is a huge advantage!
Without further ado, I present:
Don't like the current version below?
Scroll down to the 'Previous Version' section and check out the links to the one you like!
Don't know what's changed?
Scroll down the previous versions and feel free to compare!
*Please note that the extra gold storage on the bottom should be replaced with a mine/collector instead*
Also the 1 missing wall goes on the end of the left bottom cannon (at the start of the funnel)
Features of The Tempest
Centralised Clan Castle
- Clan castle filled with 25 archers means 500 DPS
- Only pre-attack-lurable by defence targeting troops
Triangulated Splash and Air Defence Coverage
- Mortars, Wizard Towers and Air Defences are the most important defences
- Wizard towers are offering maximum protection for storages
- By placing them in a triangulated formation, it allows for maximum optimisation
Separated Storages to reduce losses
- By having separated storages, it reduces losses as attacker needs to decide where to attack from
- Well protected for a valuable resource
Centralised TH (for Trophy hunting formation only)
- Centralised TH minimises the chance of being 2 starred
- TH can also be a good tanker while defences take out the attackers
Funneling & Tested Trap Placement
- Advanced funneling and explained above
- Double giant bombs to roast some hogs that come too close!
- No X Junctions means less compartments broken into when a wall is destroyed
Spread out Point Defence Coverage
- Having spread out point defences allows for maximum coverage of the base
Both left and right side are symmetrical
- Great for people who are OCD
My Clan (Cavebears)
I am an elder of Cavebears in the Bear Family. We are a mature and social clan with respectable donations per season. Well structured and guided by exceptional leadership, we are a very unique clan!
Our requirements are TH8 with level 5+ Archers/Wizards/Dragons.
If you are interested in joining and fit the requirements, please send me a PM or leave a post on this thread.
For more information please visit our homepage to make an application or forums thread
Version History (Links)
v1.0 (the start of something unique)
v1.1 (few changes to the wall structure)
v1.2 Farming (deemed as a final pre-revamp)
v1.2 Trophy (deemed as a final pre-revamp)
v2.0 (the first of the revamp)
v2.1 (segmented wizard tower)
v2.2 (major change to side structure)
v2.3 Trophy (partial fix to side funnel)
v2.4 Trophy (swapped some buildings around to address funneling)
v2.5 Farming (additional fix to side funneling)
v2.5.1 Trophy (Funneling fix)
v3.0 Trophy (change of wall structuring)
v3.1 Trophy (change to prevent trap testing)
v3.2 Trophy (additional improvements)
v4.0 Trophy (big changes!)
v4.1 Trophy (fixes)
v5.0 Trophy (a second revamp)
v5.0 WITH 4 MORTARS