Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why was our clan forced to change name

That's a bit rude, just like "its ruled-out.. 3.. 2.. 1.. <deleted>", they should have notified the leader's account for changing the name and let him decided to pick a proper name rather than just throwing that "Baby Dragons" locking the clan on that name and putting him in a 3 day restriction.

Is that the original leader? or did he just inherit the clan? if it is the latter, well that's totally out of the line, are the decisions for these kinds of offense generalized? what level of "being offensive" do they subject these situations in to? I also don't feel the clan's name offensive but considering our current society right now, yeah.. <mouth shut>..

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    I have seen Clan names getting changed to Baby Goblins, Hog Rider, etc :-)

Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    That's a bit rude, just like "its ruled-out.. 3.. 2.. 1.. <deleted>", they should have notified the leader's account for changing the name and let him decided to pick a proper name rather than just throwing that "Baby Dragons" locking the clan on that name and putting him in a 3 day restriction.

Is that the original leader? or did he just inherit the clan? if it is the latter, well that's totally out of the line, are the decisions for these kinds of offense generalized? what level of "being offensive" do they subject these situations in to? I also don't feel the clan's name offensive but considering our current society right now, yeah.. <mouth shut>..
    I believe the current clan leader founded the clan roughly 8 years ago, and the description marketed it as a safe space for members of the LGBT community.

Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post

Support always changes the name whether it's an account or clan immediately if they determine it's in violation of their policies.

The leader, once their ban is over, can contact in-game support and ask to change it to something else, but be smart about it and pick something that isn't going to get denied...or them banned again.

Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    The leader, once their ban is over, can contact in-game support and ask to change it to something else, but be smart about it and pick something that isn't going to get denied...or them banned again.

I have seen one of the leaders do it. They refused. But there was no ban or anything :-)
    Last edited by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>; July 8th, 2020 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    Support always changes the name whether it's an account or clan immediately if they determine it's in violation of their policies.

Well I hope they do give them (the leader) a chance to have a proper clan name.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucashardt View Post
    I believe the current clan leader founded the clan roughly 8 years ago, and the description marketed it as a safe space for members of the LGBT community.
    I'm not against to anything, and this is a very very sensitive discussion to progress into, but looking at the name, though I don't see it offensive it really does have some offending connotation, regardless of the leader's intention. But I seriously hope they give you a chance to at least have a proper name other than Baby Dragons .
    Last edited by maximooze007; July 8th, 2020 at 05:42 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    People try to make every dirty trick possible in CWL, we have proof that one of the clans in our cwl cheats - they sent somebody to a clan that is going to be demoted anyhow and convinced them to put a base with defenses on one side and structures on other side, walls in middle for their war.
    So even though we won all clans it seems that cheaters near perfect war (they actually managed to get on 43 stars even on such bases) will get them enough stars to win the cwl by few stars.

(we suspected them and sent somebody to that clan to see how this is possible that they have such a great war after they scored only 31 stars in war with us, luckily that clan is not very active and we found all proof in chat)

all the screenshots were sent to SC support from an account that pays SC and has the contact us option, i also sent proof directly to SC employee since i dont have the contact us button in my F2P account.
    Bottom line, nothing was done so far - they were not banned, the other clan which accepted their offer and put such bases is not banned and we have just one war left till the end of CWL, unless something will happen TODAY they will get away with it and get a promotion they did not deserve and cheat their way to champions...
    There is no way to stop this collusion issue unless SC comes in and put a stop to it, like taking all the medals gained from this respective CWL, or perhaps something harder like banning the Clan involve in such collusion for 1-2 CWL, and banning them permanently upon 2nd offence. Give a deterrent, make CWL a fair play Clan War League in all the tiers. Banning 1 or 2 clans after it is reported is pointless since you might see another collusion in next CWL.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucashardt View Post
    I’m in part of a clan system, and our of our clans was forced to change names because of offensive name. The clan was named Gay Action and has been around for roughly 8 years. Why was it just now forced to change names, and why are so many of the other clans with gay in their name not forced to change names.
    The changing of clan names is not done proactively by support.

They only change names when they get reports from other players. So your name can be fine until somebody takes it into their head to be offended by it, then it gets changed once reported.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    There is no way to stop this collusion issue unless SC comes in and put a stop to it, like taking all the medals gained from this respective CWL, or perhaps something harder like banning the Clan involve in such collusion for 1-2 CWL, and banning them permanently upon 2nd offence. Give a deterrent, make CWL a fair play Clan War League in all the tiers. Banning 1 or 2 clans after it is reported is pointless since you might see another collusion in next CWL.
    i agree, unfortunately even with all the investigation done by us and proof presented on a silver plate - they still do nothing.
    (even though its SC who should police their game just like they started to do with mods years after problem began).
    This is extremely disappointing.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us