Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why was our clan forced to change name

  1. #1

    Why was our clan forced to change name

    Iím in part of a clan system, and our of our clans was forced to change names because of offensive name. The clan was named Gay Action and has been around for roughly 8 years. Why was it just now forced to change names, and why are so many of the other clans with gay in their name not forced to change names.

  2. #2
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    165
    No one knows for sure besides Support. But maybe Support just got up to date and took action for what they, or someone, perceived as an offensive name. Just bcs you had it for 8 years doesn't mean it might be okay. Just a thought...

  3. #3
    A few years ago, we had a trolling issue and a member of our clan reached out to support about it. Support told us that the name was fine, but we should expect the harassment because the name draws negative attention.

  4. #4
    Forum Contender PaluEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Farming
    Posts
    4,548
    Having a borderline name is always going to stay... borderline.
    Depending on which way the wind blows, you may be ok, ... or not.

    Past performance is no prediction of future results... was a Ďfineprintí on a few stocks.
    The closer to the swing line, the more variable the result.

    Pun intended.. or not lol

  5. #5
    Forum Elder PapaTroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,563
    There are players out there that use this as a strategy for CWL. On day one, you look through all of your opponents and report anything and everything even slightly off kilter. If it is even a little offensive to a tiny group of the most hypersensitive extremists then it is fair game for a report. If you succeed in getting a 24 hour temporary ban for a couple then that clan gets a couple fewer stars.

    I suspect your clan was reported in hopes that the entire clan would miss attacks for one to 3 days.

    Lesson to take away is to avoid names in questionable taste in naming accounts, clans, even recruits.
    Most requested QoL feature is a regional filter in the recruiting tool. If it is so hard to track players by region, why does the top player ranking show both a global and (in my case) a local U.S. tab?

  6. #6
    Forum Veteran toofinedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    There are players out there that use this as a strategy for CWL. On day one, you look through all of your opponents and report anything and everything even slightly off kilter. If it is even a little offensive to a tiny group of the most hypersensitive extremists then it is fair game for a report. If you succeed in getting a 24 hour temporary ban for a couple then that clan gets a couple fewer stars.

    I suspect your clan was reported in hopes that the entire clan would miss attacks for one to 3 days.

    Lesson to take away is to avoid names in questionable taste in naming accounts, clans, even recruits.
    That is such an underhanded “strategy”.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucashardt View Post
    I’m in part of a clan system, and our of our clans was forced to change names because of offensive name. The clan was named Gay Action and has been around for roughly 8 years. Why was it just now forced to change names, and why are so many of the other clans with gay in their name not forced to change names.
    What did they change the name to? Are you henceforth known as Clashers?

  7. #7
    They changed the clans name to BABY DRAGONS, and our leader got a 3 day ban.

  8. #8
    Forum Veteran toofinedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucashardt View Post
    They changed the clans name to BABY DRAGONS, and our leader got a 3 day ban.
    A ban seems harsh, but the name change could have been worse. I always thought they changed offensive player names to Chief and clan names to Clashers.

  9. #9
    Forum Hero BloodyIrishman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    6,532
    I mean honestly if you name an account or clan anything remotely derisive or edgy at no time should you be surprised when it comes back to bite you in the rear.
    Last edited by BloodyIrishman; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:54 AM.

    Level 18
    - 15,990/18,500 | Champion III
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

  10. #10
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Best clan ever
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    There are players out there that use this as a strategy for CWL. On day one, you look through all of your opponents and report anything and everything even slightly off kilter. If it is even a little offensive to a tiny group of the most hypersensitive extremists then it is fair game for a report. If you succeed in getting a 24 hour temporary ban for a couple then that clan gets a couple fewer stars.

    I suspect your clan was reported in hopes that the entire clan would miss attacks for one to 3 days.

    Lesson to take away is to avoid names in questionable taste in naming accounts, clans, even recruits.
    People try to make every dirty trick possible in CWL, we have proof that one of the clans in our cwl cheats - they sent somebody to a clan that is going to be demoted anyhow and convinced them to put a base with defenses on one side and structures on other side, walls in middle for their war.
    So even though we won all clans it seems that cheaters near perfect war (they actually managed to get on 43 stars even on such bases) will get them enough stars to win the cwl by few stars.

    (we suspected them and sent somebody to that clan to see how this is possible that they have such a great war after they scored only 31 stars in war with us, luckily that clan is not very active and we found all proof in chat)

    all the screenshots were sent to SC support from an account that pays SC and has the contact us option, i also sent proof directly to SC employee since i dont have the contact us button in my F2P account.
    Bottom line, nothing was done so far - they were not banned, the other clan which accepted their offer and put such bases is not banned and we have just one war left till the end of CWL, unless something will happen TODAY they will get away with it and get a promotion they did not deserve and cheat their way to champions...
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •