Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Increase healer movement speed?

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideabulb View Post
    Reduce weight, he means that healers shouldn't be pushed off as far as other air troops
    Which is what I don't understand. It should be increased weight instead of reduce weight (eg. Pekka has higher weight which is why she doesn't get spring trapped). Reduce weight means Healers get lighter and thus get pushed further than currently is.

If really he is referring to Air Sweeper reduce push effect to Healers, then he should use reduce "Push Strength" instead.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:15 AM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Which is what I don't understand. It should be increased weight instead of reduce weight (eg. Pekka has higher weight which is why she doesn't get spring trapped). Reduce weight means Healers get lighter and thus get pushed further than currently is.

If really he is referring to Air Sweeper reduce push effect to Healers, then he should use reduce "Push Strength" instead.
    Think he means sweepers could have increased ‘push strength’ vs healers to combat the proposed faster healer speed, rather than a double buff to healers. Would be unforeseen consequences to complain about later, regardless.

TH13...level 254...75/75/50/20...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 45 mil...atb 6032

Centennial Club
    Yes, if healer movespeed is increased by itself, air sweepers will have reduced effectiveness against queenwalks because healers will get back to the queen more quickly. Thus, to not buff queenwalks too much, the healer should be pushed further back to compensate. Each air unit had a “weight”, and heavier units are pushed back less than lighter units. Thus, decrease healer weight vs sweepers.

Merc, healer movespeed increasing would have NO impact on those other strategies because giant, pekka, witch, and yeti movespeed is slower than healers. So HGHB, yeti/pekka smash, and witch-based strategies have no issue with healers keeping up. Additional movespeed changes nothing about those attacks. So yes, this change will only affect units that move faster than 16 movespeed - i.e. queenwalks.
    Last edited by IIcarus; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by IIcarus View Post
    Yes, if healer movespeed is increased by itself, air sweepers will have reduced effectiveness against queenwalks because healers will get back to the queen more quickly. Thus, to not buff queenwalks too much, the healer should be pushed further back to compensate. Each air unit had a “weight”, and heavier units are pushed back less than lighter units. Thus, decrease healer weight vs sweepers.

Merc, healer movespeed increasing would have NO impact on those other strategies because giant, pekka, witch, and yeti movespeed is slower than healers. So HGHB, yeti/pekka smash, and witch-based strategies have no issue with healers keeping up. Additional movespeed changes nothing about those attacks. So yes, this change will only affect units that move faster than 16 movespeed - i.e. queenwalks.
    I have never heard anything about sweeper 'weights'. As far as I know, all troops get used back the same, depending on the sweeper's level.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by eTrey View Post
    I have never heard anything about sweeper 'weights'. As far as I know, all troops get used back the same, depending on the sweeper's level.
    I apologize - I mixed the tornado trap up with the sweeper. It is the tornado trap that is affected by unit “weight”. Hmmm, having just one troop that is affected differently than others and doesn’t align with the tooltip is also not good game design...this would purely be a buff to QW, if sweepers remain the same. Thoughts?
    Last edited by IIcarus; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:47 AM.

Millennial Club
    But only 2 Air Sweeper in the whole base that covers 120 degree each with limited range. I don't think the buff to Air Sweeper is enough to compensate for the increase movement speed to Healers that your proposed.
    To balance things out, I would say reduce Healers HP or Heal per second directly is a better balancing if indeed your proposed increase movement speed is implemented, which I don't think it should be due to the impact it has on lower TH for example that uses Healers on tank troops.

You understand wrongly, the issue is not about Healer catching up to tank troop, but increase speed means faster to catch up to tank troop, means faster get shot or get into the range of Air Defenses while tank troops (melee) still moving slowly to reach the Air Defense. In other words it is indirectly nerfing any other strategies that involves Healers and Tank troops.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post

You understand wrongly, the issue is not about Healer catching up to tank troop, but increase speed means faster to catch up to tank troop, means faster get shot or get into the range of Air Defenses while tank troops (melee) still moving slowly to reach the Air Defense. In other words it is indirectly nerfing any other strategies that involves Healers and Tank troops.
    The healers will NOT catch up any faster with more movement speed because they never fall behind. All other troops that normally use healers are SLOWER than healers right now, so there is no “catching up” - the healers never fall behind in the first place. Yetis, pekkas, etc can be healed while walking because the healers are faster. Increased movement speed for healers would change nothing for these attacks.

Millennial Club
    The healers will NOT catch up any faster with more movement speed because they never fall behind. All other troops that normally use healers are SLOWER than healers right now, so there is no “catching up” - the healers never fall behind in the first place. Yetis, pekkas, etc can be healed while walking because the healers are faster. Increased movement speed for healers would change nothing for these attacks.
    Healers do fall behind slightly even when healing slower troops. Everytime they heal they stop for 0.7s (which is the Healers healing speed). Also regardless of their faster movement speed, they can't predict where the troops are going to move, the Healer always move in respond to the movement of the troops they heal, so they will always be one step behind. I see Healers struggle to catch up to BK all the time even though they have the same 16 movement speed. So your statement about "there is no catching up" based on movement speed is not correct.

Don't forget the Multi Inferno and Giga Inferno which could target Healers too, previously they move slower after getting push behind by the Air Sweeper. With faster movement speed they catch up faster again and get into the range of Multi Inferno and Giga Inferno. It does change something for Healers on Melee troop strategies. It is only not affecting other strategies when you don't want to think about it. Like I said since yesterday post, you are only looking from the perspective of QW strategy. I use QW all the time, your proposed change will benefit me, but I still don't think it should happen due to the impact on other Healers strategies as well as making the QW too strong without any direct balancing.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:38 AM.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    The catching up happens after the healer gets blown back by the sweepers, with ANY troops, no matter how slow.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The catching up happens after the healer gets blown back by the sweepers, with ANY troops, no matter how slow.
    Ajax, I was referencing healing with walking. I know sweeper interaction would be affected, which is why I proposed a slightly higher push length for healers.

Merc, good point on the troops with the same movespeed like the king. You are right, healers begin movement only after the target has exited their healing range, and that lags them behind. However, I have never seen a healer fail to maintain healing on movespeed 12 units. Also do not confuse healing speed (one heal pulse every 0.7 seconds) with attack frames. The number of frames a healer is stationary while healing is very small, and doesn’t seem to present an issue for falling behind with movespeed 12 units.

I still maintain that these strategies will be little impacted by an increase in healer movespeed, especially if sweepers can be altered to keep the same effectiveness vs healers.