Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Increase healer movement speed?

Centennial Club

Increase healer movement speed?

Healers do not move as quickly as the queen, and this leads to two phenomena:

The queen loses healing support when moving more than a couple of tiles. This can make queenwalks more chancy when under high incoming damage due to the sudden drop in healing upon movement. I’m not necessarily advocating the change due to this reason, as an experienced queenwalker will anticipate this and compensate with spells, if need be.

The second issue that arises is healer switching. When the queen begins moving, she moves out of healer range. If another damaged troop is nearby, this can lead to an unexpected healer switch, which is usually detrimental. Normally healers will not switch off the queen unless a larger housing space that needs healing is nearby, but this effect means nearby heroes can “steal” healers even if the queen is under continuous fire - the queen only has to walk a few tiles to trigger the retarget. This is especially prevalent when using the RC on a queenwalk to take out a single inferno island or the like. Unlike the first phenomenon, this is very difficult to anticipate and leads to the general rule of “No ground troops near a QW, ever” rule. This limits strategies available due to the uncertainty.

So, how about it? How would increasing healer movespeed to 24 affect queenwalks? Too much of a buff? Not noticeable to good attackers? Gimme your thoughts.

Edit: Healer weight vs air sweepers could be decreased to keep air sweepers at the same level of efficacy as current versus queenwalks.
    Last edited by IIcarus; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:40 PM.

I think any “support” troop should be able to keep up with whatever troop they are supporting, otherwise what is the point of having them? I’ve said the same thing about the Warden....

Centennial Club
    That would be part of the reason for raging. To help your healers follow the queen quickly.

Generally it's quite normal that for support troop usually to have slower speed as compare to attackers type of troops. That's a thing. And for tank troop to have more HP and slower speed, while attacking troops and support troops have mid to low HP.
    I am not just talking about Clash, but in any game that involve support, attacker, and tanker type of troops/Heroes. It's one of pre-requisite balancing that make the game balance. Consequently, if you want to increase the Support troop speed, then the healing range/HP/healing rate will reduce as a compensation.

As for Healers healing other troops/Heroes near the AQ, that's because Healers were created not just to heal AQ, there are other troops that could be heal by Healers too, how did the game or AI know which troops/Heroes you want your Healers to heal if you deploy them near/close enough to each other? So the general answer/solution to that is don't deploy other troops/Heroes near your AQ if you want the Healers to heal your AQ through out the raid.

OP, I understand your questions about Healers, but it seems you are only looking at Healers balance and weaknesses in QW strategy only, you are not looking at it from the bigger picture.

Dude, forget the queen, those healers are barely able to keep with troops that can move faster than the giants. As such, they can't be healed by healers unless they actually stop to attack a building or you rage the healers. "Healing while moving" isn't a thing for the most part. Should be, in my eyes.

And the same goes for the warden, like a poster said above. I'm a huge proponent for making the warden speed as "variable" just so that he can keep with the troops and doesn't get swayed away.

Centennial Club
    Merc, you are missing my point. Healers have general rules that are followed. They heal the largest housing space density that is damaged that is near them. They have a certain “stickiness”, and do not transfer off their current target easily when that target is not full hp. That is why it is critical to not have a ground xbow attacking the GW on a GW walk - the healers generally won’t transfer off to the yetis like you want them to unless the GW is not under fire. The problem I describe is that healers seem to randomly break their own rules on queenwalks due to their differential speed and short tether/retarget distance, where a retargeting can occur if the healers is less than a tile outside of healing range. This inconsistency leads to the limiting of potential QW strategies or is frustrating to players when it happens because the tolerances are so tight it just appears random. This mechanic is not just applicable to queenwalks, but it is most evident there. Have “random” occurrences like that is just not good game design.

Thus, I suggested a healer speed increase that is compensated by a reduced weight vs air sweepers. This would help eliminate spurious healer transfers, yet keep the same effectiveness of air sweepers against queen walks.

I'm not sure if my thoughts would make sense, or maybe no-sense at all, but I only see problems with QW's healers on the face of sweepers, why not adjust something on the healer-to-sweeper?, healers will get a less push back compare to other air units..?

Quote Originally Posted by IIcarus View Post
    This inconsistency leads to the limiting of potential QW strategies or is frustrating to players when it happens because the tolerances are so tight it just appears random. This mechanic is not just applicable to queenwalks, but it is most evident there. Have “random” occurrences like that is just not good game design.
    You are only looking from perspective of Queenwalk strategy, which is not wrong and I understand.
    But there are other strategies as well which may involve Healers and your proposed change may impact other strategies. For example, Healers on Giants/Golem/Pekka for lower TH level, with faster movement speed it means Healers will get targeted by Air Defenses faster and may be killed before Giants finish off the Air Defense. You know the damage Air Defense have on Healers, 1-2 additional shots on Healers could be game changing.

While your propose change may give positive impact to Queenwalk strategy, but it is also giving negative impacts for other strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by IIcarus View Post
    Thus, I suggested a healer speed increase that is compensated by a reduced weight vs air sweepers. This would help eliminate spurious healer transfers, yet keep the same effectiveness of air sweepers against queen walks.
    I don't even have an idea what reduce weight vs Air Sweepers even mean.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFaceGuy View Post
    Dude, forget the queen, those healers are barely able to keep with troops that can move faster than the giants. As such, they can't be healed by healers unless they actually stop to attack a building or you rage the healers. "Healing while moving" isn't a thing for the most part. Should be, in my eyes.

And the same goes for the warden, like a poster said above. I'm a huge proponent for making the warden speed as "variable" just so that he can keep with the troops and doesn't get swayed away.
    The Warden is fine imo, he anyways has that huge Life Aura circle which boosts troops and their HP. But Healers maybe are designed like that to prevent them from being OP is my opinion
    Things left to do on my Bucket List:
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

Blow yourself away by reading my brand new idea - The Shadow Spirit!

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    You are only looking from perspective of Queenwalk strategy, which is not wrong and I understand.
    But there are other strategies as well which may involve Healers and your proposed change may impact other strategies. For example, Healers on Giants/Golem/Pekka for lower TH level, with faster movement speed it means Healers will get targeted by Air Defenses faster and may be killed before Giants finish off the Air Defense. You know the damage Air Defense have on Healers, 1-2 additional shots on Healers could be game changing.

While your propose change may give positive impact to Queenwalk strategy, but it is also giving negative impacts for other strategies.

I don't even have an idea what reduce weight vs Air Sweepers even mean.
    Reduce weight, he means that healers shouldn't be pushed off as far as other air troops
    Things left to do on my Bucket List:
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

Blow yourself away by reading my brand new idea - The Shadow Spirit!