Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: General Question/ Problem (Auto-upgrades after 90 days of inactivity)

General Question/ Problem (Auto-upgrades after 90 days of inactivity)

I recently started playing clash of clans again, and was happy to find the new auto-upgrading mechanic for returning players that had allowed some buildings and walls in my base to be upgraded (I am a town hall 8). I heard that this feature is meant to help returning players feel less behind. Anyways, I was disappointed to find that in terms of troop research, I was told something along the lines of "your scientists were unsure of what to research while you were away". Here comes my question; why was this the case? My friend, who started playing again at the same time as me logged in to see buildings upgraded and some research done, but for me, no research (troops or spells) was completed during my 90+ days of inactivity. My laboratory was not finished with research (still have several troops at level 1) so that shouldn't have been an issue. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    It's possible that you didn't gain enough loot in your loot cart to be able to complete additional upgrades. No one here can tell you any specifics about your account, though. That'd be a matter for Supercell Support. However, it sounds like you got a bunch of stuff upgraded with no effort and should probably accept the results intead of looking for even more.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 22 - 781 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Groupme - + - Discord

What you say is true, and you're right, I should be grateful, and I am. I was just wondering what the cause for "your scientists were unsure of what to upgrade while you were gone" was. Maybe you are right, maybe I didn't get enough loot while inactive in order for the game to do lab upgrades. Thank you for your reply.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by oskarinafrika View Post
    What you say is true, and you're right, I should be grateful, and I am. I was just wondering what the cause for "your scientists were unsure of what to upgrade while you were gone" was. Maybe you are right, maybe I didn't get enough loot while inactive in order for the game to do lab upgrades. Thank you for your reply.
    No problem. I haven't experienced the returning player logic myself, so I don't really know how it chooses what to upgrade other than what players have shared on the forum. My comments are purely speculation. I've seen players mention buildings upgraded and heroes upgraded, but I hadn't noticed anyone else mention troops being upgraded. It's possible it doesn't upgrade troops at all and your friend is misremembering what level his troops were before he went inactive.

The thread will be here so others can add to it and share their experiences.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 22 - 781 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Groupme - + - Discord

The experience has been great for me👍🏻. It completely maxed out my inactive Townhall 6, and upgraded 5 levels of GW, 10 levels of AQ, 10 levels of BK, 4-5 troops and 11-12 buildings, in my Townhall 11 :-)

If I may ask, how long were you inactive?

Quote Originally Posted by oskarinafrika View Post
    If I may ask, how long were you inactive?
    3 months, 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    The experience has been great for me👍🏻. It completely maxed out my inactive Townhall 6, and upgraded 5 levels of GW, 10 levels of AQ, 10 levels of BK, 4-5 troops and 11-12 buildings, in my Townhall 11 :-)
    What? That sounds like too much.

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by clasher0011 View Post
    What? That sounds like too much.
    It happened lol. The loot cart was also completely filled too. Also, I got training boost and 4x star bonus for 5 days for free even though I upgraded that account to 11 six months back . Also got them on the 6 :-)
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; July 8th, 2020 at 05:14 AM.

Fresh Spawn
    I stopped playing Clash of Clans 2 years ago, at that time I recently upgraded my Town Hall to level 8 and left.

A month ago I logged in again and found my troops, spells, walls, buildings and what not upgraded to the max level allowed. So now I had a fully maxed out Town Hall 8 base with fully filled storages and loot cart.

Now my Town Hall 9 base is halfway maxed, and I have planned to max it and again leave the game for a long period of time.

Here is my Player Id if you wanna check my base: #J2G9PL9Q