Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Frustrated about gameplay

  1. #31
    Trainee Fusselhirn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    That's why Team Hay Day continue to design HD to be a social game. One may play the hard setting by not joining a neighborhood. It's easier if one were to join a neighborhood and ask one's hoodmates to sell the expansion items or donate them with the Trading Post.

    Without mutual aid by joining a neighborhood, I don't see another fun way to upgrade my barn and silo.
    I'm in my second hood now. The first one I choosed randomly and there was no exchange at all. The second one I joined because I know the people in real life, but we are all short o the same things. So what to do? Hop hoods until I found a good one? I know, I could look for one on this forum, but it's not really sense of the matter. I think, the game should be the way, that you can manage it in game. Could work maybe, if there was a decent hood-serching-tool.
    Last edited by Fusselhirn; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:48 AM.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    286
    Yes, for sure, that would be ideal (game being balanced) ... But then it would defeat the purpose of it... Cooperative play

    I don't have much time but wanted to say... Yes, look for a hood that fits you... Yes hood hop... How else will you find what you are looking for? Yes, look on the forums... If you want, there's also discord. Or put up a thread in "looking for a hood" and be unafraid to say EXACTLY what you seek. Better to be upfront and save time for both sides.

    Re trading... I'm going to say step with caution... It's all roses until you get stung. I say this as someone that used to trade and never got stung but heard of others, less fortunate.

    First realistic priority, a hood that will help you... Next, you can look at trading once you find a home.

    Kik: Stinky_and_The_Brain
    Recruitment Thread:https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...0#post12058790

  3. #33
    Millennial Club BULIGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Not in Kansas anymore.
    Posts
    1,462
    I am trading actively for 3+ years now. By now i have my usual long time trading partners, this guy buys cheese and honey, that girl buys lobsters and olive dip etc. The scam danger is zero really, it would be hugely stupid to scam eachother because we need our trading partners more than we might need a handful of free goods. Perseverance is the key for smooth trading in hay day..remember: higher level buys first. Never ever got scammed by a high level player. Over certain level, you are just over such petty issues like scamming.
    Last edited by BULIGO; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:28 PM.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusselhirn View Post
    Okay, but please can you tell me, how to grow the barn? I mean, I try it all the time but this is exactly the problem. You just don't get enough tape to do so. I play and hope that some tape drops, I stupidly search the newspaper every day and try to get some, but it's never enough. Tell me your secret 😅 I mostly play town as well and it helps indeed but still.
    To grow the barn, etc you need expansion tools.
    To get expansion tools keep your pets fed (horses are best, lots of points for carrots, dogs worst not many points for bacon that is expensive on time and work to create). You get loots of tools by wheating ... grow wheat, get rid of it by any means - sell it for 1 coin (buy at least enough boxes for your shop to sell a whole harvest)

    To get machines you need money, get money by selling stuff you make - so make lots.

    Grow strawberries overnight to sell

  5. #35
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    101
    I've been playing for many years... At first you get to do a lot... Like town, derby leveling up...
    As said above you should focus on one thing, at your level should be making coins and upgrading your barn.
    Play the town, choose the townies your neighbors kick because they just ask for 1 building and sell everything else you don't need, my baby farm is level 107 with a barn 4300 and I always try to keep a stock of 10-15 of each product.
    You should upgrade your barn until you have that stock, don't try to level up too quickly as every new level comes with more products,hence you will need more space and that mean you would have less stock for each one.
    In the town open the 6 spots, after that take priory on Time/xp/coins.
    Don't do trucks, don't do boats unless is a puzzle piece boat.
    All diamonds should be used on opening slots for the machines, take priority on the mill, the dairy and feeds, you can manage with 2 spots on the jam maker or the candy machine.
    Produce produce and produce, sell everything on the shop at full price and if you want you can trade your stuff for barn tools. I never struggle with coins for the machines, when I had 4 millions I stopped selling and started trading until my barn could manage 20 of each product, with 4 Million coins I started leveling up.
    Don't worry about land space as you'll take one month for the land to open with the 80 limit, your main focus should always be the barn
    Hope this helps.

  6. #36
    Trainee Fusselhirn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by udderly View Post
    Yes, for sure, that would be ideal (game being balanced) ... But then it would defeat the purpose of it... Cooperative play

    I don't have much time but wanted to say... Yes, look for a hood that fits you... Yes hood hop... How else will you find what you are looking for? Yes, look on the forums... If you want, there's also discord. Or put up a thread in "looking for a hood" and be unafraid to say EXACTLY what you seek. Better to be upfront and save time for both sides.

    Re trading... I'm going to say step with caution... It's all roses until you get stung. I say this as someone that used to trade and never got stung but heard of others, less fortunate.

    First realistic priority, a hood that will help you... Next, you can look at trading once you find a home.

    Yes, i'll probably try the hood thing. But I think, I try the trading first, because I hang a bit on mine, because I know the people in real life and that's fun too.

  7. #37
    Trainee Fusselhirn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    I am trading actively for 3+ years now. By now i have my usual long time trading partners, this guy buys cheese and honey, that girl buys lobsters and olive dip etc. The scam danger is zero really, it would be hugely stupid to scam eachother because we need our trading partners more than we might need a handful of free goods. Perseverance is the key for smooth trading in hay day..remember: higher level buys first. Never ever got scammed by a high level player. Over certain level, you are just over such petty issues like scamming.
    That's what I hope for, to find some
    permanent trading partners. It seems to work with trading Bem's for Bem's etc. But it seems to be not so easy to trade products like food, jewelry, clothes and so on for Bem's, Lem's, etc. I announced a bit, but have now answers so far. Maybe it's the wrong ratio, or it's because the amounts are rather small. Or because I'm a newbie, who knows. But you say it works to sell products as well?
    Last edited by Fusselhirn; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:31 AM.

  8. #38
    Trainee Fusselhirn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by PedrosPlotThickens View Post
    To grow the barn, etc you need expansion tools.
    To get expansion tools keep your pets fed (horses are best, lots of points for carrots, dogs worst not many points for bacon that is expensive on time and work to create). You get loots of tools by wheating ... grow wheat, get rid of it by any means - sell it for 1 coin (buy at least enough boxes for your shop to sell a whole harvest)

    To get machines you need money, get money by selling stuff you make - so make lots.

    Grow strawberries overnight to sell
    That's what I do, but I don't get enough Bem's with it

  9. #39
    Trainee Fusselhirn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by friaya View Post
    I've been playing for many years... At first you get to do a lot... Like town, derby leveling up...
    As said above you should focus on one thing, at your level should be making coins and upgrading your barn.
    Play the town, choose the townies your neighbors kick because they just ask for 1 building and sell everything else you don't need, my baby farm is level 107 with a barn 4300 and I always try to keep a stock of 10-15 of each product.
    You should upgrade your barn until you have that stock, don't try to level up too quickly as every new level comes with more products,hence you will need more space and that mean you would have less stock for each one.
    In the town open the 6 spots, after that take priory on Time/xp/coins.
    Don't do trucks, don't do boats unless is a puzzle piece boat.
    All diamonds should be used on opening slots for the machines, take priority on the mill, the dairy and feeds, you can manage with 2 spots on the jam maker or the candy machine.
    Produce produce and produce, sell everything on the shop at full price and if you want you can trade your stuff for barn tools. I never struggle with coins for the machines, when I had 4 millions I stopped selling and started trading until my barn could manage 20 of each product, with 4 Million coins I started leveling up.
    Don't worry about land space as you'll take one month for the land to open with the 80 limit, your main focus should always be the barn
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks for your tips 🙂 I play that way more or less. I focus on town, I don't do truck and boats only for puzzle pieces. And I do derby and a bit of valley, because I find it boring to play nothing but town. I open slots in production buildings like I need them and I grow and sell as much soy as I can to get coins and drops. I choosed soy because I don't want to harvest wheat every two minutes all day. I produce and sell the goods that are easy and quick to make like carrot pie, bred, popcorn, carrot juice and so on. They give less money for a piece, but you can do more of them and get at the end more coins than with products which need a lot of time. I want to open more places in the town buildings (got 3 - 5 now), but there we are again, there are always some tools you need for it very rare, like with the Bem's. I try to avoid leveling, sell as much as I can but the bottleneck is always the rare items. I think the only way is to trade them, at the forum or in the hood when you're lucky, as long as Supercell doesn't rethink its strategy (* cough, cough* subscription model * cough)
    Last edited by Fusselhirn; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:00 AM.

  10. #40
    Forum Contender LynnK2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Posts
    4,615
    As a level 100+ player, I've played this game since 2014 and realized that players of all levels face a common struggle: how to get enough expansion items for the barn and silo. One of the reasons I'm playing this long is because I like the challenge of managing my resources.

    For example, I get most of my BEMs (Barn Expansion Material) from feeding and waking up my pets daily and serving my Town visitors regularly. I get a few BEMs from buying in the newspaper and getting donations from the Trading Post. I rarely trade with my neighbors.

    Currently, I need 97 bolts, planks, and duct tapes for the next barn upgrade. But by game design, the BEMs don't drop evenly as I currently have 76 bolts, 110 planks, and 120 duct tapes. If I continue to play actively or casually, I will get more planks and duct tapes than bolts. And eventually, my barn will be bursting and it won't be fun for me. So I adopted the strategy of keeping only the BEMs needed for the next upgrade. IOW, I must sell off planks and duct tapes to lower the amount to 97. I haven't done so recently so the planks and duct tapes are growing. After doing so, I'll regain 36 barn spaces while I wait to get 21 more bolts and complete the upgrade.


    ---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    July 13, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:05 AM.
    Thank you Supercell Co-Founder Mikko Kodisoja and good luck on your new adventure.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ft-the-Company

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •