Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Frustrated about gameplay

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    I hope I can make some suggestions that might help.

As you've noticed, there are areas of the game that appear unbalanced. That is actually deliberate - like you, my main farm has a shortage of tape. It always has since I started playing over 6 years ago! Each farm has one expansion item that drops less frequently than others - my silo is always short of nails too. I always have plenty of planks, panels and mallets.

Having the game set up that way increases the challenge, and keeps many long-term players interested.

So, how to deal with a lack of tape? For me, the best way is to join a good neighbourhood. I have one hoodie who is always in need of planks, but has plenty of tape, so we swap. Other hoodies are always willing to help each other when we get close to expanding a building.

The barn will continue to need managing. Although mine now has a capacity of 7750, it will need 174 of each of the barn expansion materials (BEMs) to upgrade, and I will gain just 50 spaces! I choose to use a layaway system, when I "bank" one of the BEMs. When I have 173 planks I'll spend 8 diamonds to bank them, and that will instantly give me 173 spaces in my barn. I then do similar with bolts, banking them when I have one less than the required amount.

The layaway system doesn't suit everyone, but I mention it to show that there are various tactics that can be used to manage resources.

I love using the town, as serving the townies gives good drops, but I never mind sending one away if they ask for something outrageous!

Hay Day is a game without an endpoint. I've played many games over the years and never found another that has engaged me for so long. My focus and aims have changed over the years, but I love the social element of being in a hood, and being a part of the forum.

I hope this helps.
    I played for years before I figured out how to manage the unevenness of the barn/silo upgrades. My trick? Come to the trading forum to perform regular trades. Quite a non answer really, as one should be able to manage within the game itself. Most of us arenít so lucky to have a hoodie that is active and needing the exact opposite BEM or SEM that happens to be playing at that same moment. This is why people sell their extra items, but they in turn are given a disadvantage compared to those that find the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmtastic1 View Post
    I played for years before I figured out how to manage the unevenness of the barn/silo upgrades. My trick? Come to the trading forum to perform regular trades. Quite a non answer really, as one should be able to manage within the game itself.
    Thanks so much, you say it's a non answer which is true somehow, but it's by far the best answer I got so far 😅 I just had a look at the trading and it seem to be a whole new world. Really interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Farmtastic1 View Post
    Most of us arenít so lucky to have a hoodie that is active and needing the exact opposite BEM or SEM that happens to be playing at that same moment. This is why people sell their extra items, but they in turn are given a disadvantage compared to those that find the forum.
    That's what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by KSmith69 View Post
    Oh my goodness, I thought I was the only one. The 40-levels were like purgatory for me. I've been playing on-and-off for over 6 years and I must've spent 4 of those stuck in the 40s. Those were the years I tried to slog through derbies and boat orders. I had very little money, very slow XP gain, very few buildings, very few fishing spots, and very few production slots. It didn't help either that I let a friend "look" at my game and he blew all of my diamonds and coins. :/
    Heh...definitely not on your own...I have no idea what kept me going...stubbornness, perhaps?

I mastered most of my machines during the 40s because they never stopped.
    Can remember not even doing town, just selling. Coin was such a problem at that time...
    Btw, I hope you killed your friend...I would have��

OP, trading is not supported by supercell so if you intend to go that route then, learn as much as possible.

A decent hood is indeed a viable solution and before this nonsense limit, we had a co op at ours ... many hoods did...limit notwithstanding, it's still possible to get help if you find the right hood...

Course, that's not as easy to do, as to type but doesn't mean you shouldn't try it.
    Try the trading route first if you like...
    Last edited by udderly; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:56 AM.
    Kik: Stinky_and_The_Brain
    Recruitment Thread:https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...0#post12058790

Quote Originally Posted by udderly View Post
    Heh...definitely not on your own...I have no idea what kept me going...stubbornness, perhaps?

I mastered most of my machines during the 40s because they never stopped.
    Can remember not even doing town, just selling. Coin was such a problem at that time...
    Btw, I hope you killed your friend...I would have��

OP, trading is not supported by supercell so if you intend to go that route then, learn as much as possible.

A decent hood is indeed a viable solution and before this nonsense limit, we had a co op at ours ... many hoods did...limit notwithstanding, it's still possible to get help if you find the right hood...

Course, that's not as easy to do, as to type but doesn't mean you shouldn't try it.
    Try the trading route first if you like...
    I actually thought about looking for a new hood here at the forum. On the other hand I know the people of my current one in real life, wich ist nice as well. We will see.

I would like to try the trading thing. Can you do me a favour with it? I'm German and don't know the right terms for everything. Can you tell me the terms of Bem's, Sem's, Lem's and Tem's? That would be fantastic 🙂

Barn-
    Silo-
    Land-
    Town- Expansion Material

Trade example:

And:

Good luck and have fun.
    Last edited by BULIGO; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:40 AM.

So for the barn its tapes, bolts and planks

For the silo it's nails, panels and screws

For the land it's deeds, stakes and - what? Mallets?

Is that right so far? And what are the Tem's called?

Quote Originally Posted by Fusselhirn View Post
    So for the barn its tapes, bolts and planks

For the silo it's nails, panels and screws

For the land it's deeds, stakes and - what? Mallets?

Is that right so far? And what are the Tem's called?
    Yes, the 3rd Lem is mallets.

Tems are bricks, stone blocks, hammers, hand drills, paint buckets, tar buckets, and map pieces.
    Last edited by LuvHayDay; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:34 AM.

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusselhirn View Post
    Hello,

I'm so damned frustrated about Hayday, I've got to write this thread. I mean, I love the game, it's great, but there are some really mean points in it. I can understand, that you want to earn some money with it, and I'm willing to pay, but it should be relatively and fair. I think, it should be possible, to play fluently with spending 5,- or 10,- Ä a month. I mean even [game name redacted by Forum Moderator] costs 11,- to 13,- Ä a month and this game is so much bigger than Hayday.
    The higher you get in the level, the more you need from everything, tools, enlargement of the farm and town, products for derby and ship and so on. But you still only get 25 warehouse places more when you improve it. That can't work. Why isn't there the possibility to get more of the good stuff by playing? Better and more rewards in derby and valley, more dropping of good tools, more events where you can get some. When the warehouse is full it's almost impossible to play, it's only annoying and frustrating.
    Another point is, that you don't get a thank you letter for every time you help someone. You get only up to 7 a day and even those don't come completely. It feels like you only get maybe 60% or something like that. That a completely No-Go.
    Than the fishing area. It's just not possible to get enough of the products there when you play a lot because producing traps and fishing lures takes far to long and there is no way to improve it substantially.
    And why can't you collect puzzle pieces for only one animal first. The way it is like now, you need half a year or more to get only one more animal.

I really think, you should improve these point when you want to keep the people in the game. I'm shortly before quitting it. Have you ever thought about a subscription model? A way to pay a fair price a month and get a balanced game for it? Would be great!
    👍🏻A Gold Pass would be great in HayDay (with some exclusive skins for the animals or something). It would help to speed up the game. Also, All other games of SC have it. So why not? :-)
    Last edited by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    Yes, the 3rd Lem is mallets.

Tems are bricks, stone blocks, hammers, hand drills, paint buckets, tar buckets, and map pieces.
    Thanks a lot 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    👍🏻A Gold Pass would be great in HayDay (with some exclusive skins for the animals or something). It would help to speed up the game. Also, All other games of SC have it. So why not? :-)
    A good idea as well. Or including officially a market place in the game, where players can trade properly. Newspaper doesn't work really
    Last edited by Fusselhirn; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:23 AM.