Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fix text errors

Fix text errors

I enjoy seeing new content added to the game, but it would be nice to see the team go back and polish up parts of the game first, specifically the text. I often come across capitalization and punctuation mistakes, and it drives me nuts! Is it possible to fix this up, along with other known bugs in the game before adding lots of brand new content?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Do you mean the "i"?
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner

I noticed that it said 'tripple' xp, on the event board but that's specifically a spelling error.

I’ll try to give some examples.

For crops and products with 2 words in the name (bell pepper, sesame brittle, etc.) sometimes both words are capitalized (like Chili Peppers) but other times, only the first word is (like in Bell pepper). I think most older crops and products have both words capitalized, while most of the newer ones only have the first word capitalized. I know this is a small detail, but it would be nice if they could all match.

I’ve also noticed mistakes when words are plural. Like you can tell it should be plural, but it’s written as singular.

Again, these are very minor details, but I would love to see them be focused on. (Hopefully my examples make sense)

I just did a survey on misunderstandings n misspellings in the game. What really peeves me is I am English n short cuts r fine but Neighbourhood has a 'U' in it n always has had. I wish that could be fixed at least. My husband should be your English Language checker cos he even corrects the newsreaders on TV. 😂😂 Thks

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyRidge88 View Post
    I just did a survey on misunderstandings n misspellings in the game. What really peeves me is I am English n short cuts r fine but Neighbourhood has a 'U' in it n always has had. I wish that could be fixed at least. My husband should be your English Language checker cos he even corrects the newsreaders on TV.  Thks
    Neighbourhood has a "u" in it with UK English, but is spelled "neighborhood" by our American friends. The game is played worldwide, so it's an acceptable spelling.

Another game I play used to drive me mad by saying "marvelous" whenever I passed a level. It took me some time to realise that that is the American spelling.
    Last edited by Cowslips; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:23 AM.

Hay Day level 187 (main farm) - I have seven others!

I dunno... The team does very well at English, in my opinion.

they are very good at English as a second language and it could be far worse.

i deal with US English vs proper English all of the time
    Farm 144
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 60 GW 40
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Wooly chaps should be Woolly with "ll"! Has driven me mad for years
    Level 82. Proud member of Of Chill Reputations