Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Terms of Service: emulators are prohibited

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    A very nice forumer has just sent me this link that Darian posted on Reddit 8 days ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan...rvice/fy0s2b8/

That clearly states that emulators will continue to be unsupported and not bannable.. so I guess my understanding of the grammar and that clarification was needed was indeed correct.

Thanks
    Hahaha! Golly gee willickers, you're just looking for any excuse to justify your unexplainable conclusion. What you neglected to mention is that Darian said "for now". As in there are no plans to ban players for using an emulator, but they could and might in the future. That would support the position that it's clearly prohibited and not as you attempted to paint it as allowed under the terms of service.

Here's the full quote:

"With that said, yes we did recently make changes to the ToS regarding emulators. While the verbiage itself is rather ominous sounding, in practice we're still just leaving it at 'it's unsupported' - for now. From a Player Support standpoint, we will not be answering tickets or assisting players who are using emulators. We will be unable - and unwilling - to provide any support to those who use them.

In the future, there may come a point where we take a much more restrictive stance regarding emulators. I cannot say for certain if and when that time may come."

No one reading this quote should reasonably conclude that emulators are not prohibited - only that they're not enforcing their options.

By the way, I didn't need to go to Reddit to find a quote from Darian about how Supercell doesn't enforce every aspect of the Terms of Service, even though it is their right.

Quote Originally Posted by Enceladus View Post
    Just read this in the terms of service.

SUPERCELL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE ANY ACCOUNT THAT HAS BEEN INACTIVE FOR 180 DAYS.

Does this mean they're going to start deleting accounts? Also can't take a long break anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Even though Ajax already closed the thread, I do want to add an additional comment. This is standard verbiage in every game's TOS where you're required to create an account. Seriously, go look up any game where you require an account to play, you'll find that verbiage in there.
    Does Supercell terminate accounts after 180 days? Nope. Could they? Yup.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; July 22nd, 2020 at 05:00 PM. Reason: edited to remove any chance for misunderstanding
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 727 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

KillerEliteUK, SniperEliteUK, VoodooEliteUK
    It would’ve taken less time for you to say you were wrong 😂

Emulators are currently not prohibited, just unsupported. It doesn’t matter what the future holds. All about the now!

Have a good day

Oh and don’t call me Boy !
    Last edited by Call me H; July 22nd, 2020 at 03:56 PM.

It would’ve taken less time for you to say you were wrong 

Emulators are currently not prohibited, just unsupported. It doesn’t matter what the future holds. All about the now!

Have a good day

Oh and don’t call me Boy !
    It would have taken less time, but then it wouldn't have been accurate. Emulators are currently prohibited by the terms of service, but SC isn't banning anyone for using them, for now. That has been explained many times here and in other threads.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

I guess it would be better if the thread is closed now It has become pointless.We have the answer,using emulators is prohibited.SC has not started banning yet but they might in the future.Thats it.No need to argue/continue the discussion.

This thread is becoming a lil toxic.
    Last edited by clasher0011; July 22nd, 2020 at 04:13 PM.

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I don't think it does change the context, and I'm certain you are not reading it as intended.

But I do agree that is is somewhat ambiguous, and could be made clearer.

But the statement of Darian's posted above makes it clear that while they have changed the ToS, they have no intention of enforcing it - for now.

And with that statement from him, I think this thread has about run its course. It doesn't really matter how we read that clause unless they decide to start actually restricting their use.
    Agree..

When someone (moderator or not) makes comments to me such as..

Does that simplify it for you?

Then calls me Obstinate because I want clarity

And then calls me Boy (big insult where I’m from)

I will never just sit back and accept this belittling.

Agree..

Chill out man let's stop here.You got your answer H.No need to discuss anymore.This thread is going off topic.
    Last edited by clasher0011; July 22nd, 2020 at 04:20 PM.

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by clasher0011 View Post
    Chill out man let's stop here.You got your answer H.No need to discuss anymore.This thread is going off topic.
    Said my bit mate. Thanks for your concern though 👍

Agree..

He didn't call you "Boy" though I can see why it might appear so if English isn't your primary language. That isn't what that figure of speech means.

I think the most simple way to summarize this whole issue is as stated above: emulators used to be just "not supported" but now emulators are prohibited by the terms of service, but they are not yet banning people for using them. Anyone continuing to claim they are not prohibited by the terms of service is stubbornly refusing to change their opinion, despite attempts by others to change their opinion by providing evidence supporting the fact that the terms of service have changed and emulators are now prohibited.
    Last edited by 2222; July 22nd, 2020 at 04:42 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Forum Champion
    Agree..

Just for the record, he didn’t call you boy though I could see how someone not native of North America could interpret it that way. It is a common turn of phrase where I come from. When used at the beginning of a sentence as Sharky did, it is meant to express astonishment or disbelief. For example: “Boy, that’s a big fish!” It’s like saying “ my oh my” or wow. Calling someone boy is offensive. I.e “Listen when I talk, Boy!” But when used as he used it, it is just an expression. No offense intended. Also, as I don’t know you I also do not know that you are not native to North America. I guessed it was so because of you taking offense at such a common phrase. Cheers.

edit: ninja’d by 2222
    Last edited by Bigdome757; July 22nd, 2020 at 04:36 PM.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #70
    “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    Just for the record, he didn’t call you boy though I could see how someone not native of North America could interpret it that way. It is a common turn of phrase where I come from. When used at the beginning of a sentence as Sharky did, it is meant to express astonishment or disbelief. For example: “Boy, that’s a big fish!” It’s like saying “ my oh my” or wow. Calling someone boy is offensive. I.e “Listen when I talk, Boy!” But when used as he used it, it is just an expression. No offense intended. Also, as I don’t know you I also do not know that you are not native to North America. I guessed it was so because of you taking offense at such a common phrase. Cheers.

edit: ninja’d by 2222
    Aye. This ^^^

I sometimes say "Boy oh boy, is it hot in here!". Where is the boy I am referring to? Nowhere.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner