Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Terms of Service: emulators are prohibited

New Bloke/Chick

Terms of Service: emulators are prohibited

Im a emulator user, but i read the new terms of service, is not possible play on emulator anymore? its a little bit ambiguous  Use or take part (directly or indirectly) in the use of cheats, exploits, automation software, emulators, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any Supercell game or any Supercell game experience.

i can play on emulator without use any modification on the game, or im not allowed to play in any kind of emulator no matter what?

Forum Superstar
    Emulators have never been supported. Obviously they work or else you wouldn't be playing. They are also not allowed to be talked about in the forums.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; July 7th, 2020 at 01:37 AM.

Forum Veteran

Question for the SC mods on Emulators in Terms of Service

Hi - The new terms of service specifically mention emulators and I'm trying to discern the intent and potential consequences.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]"Use or take part (directly or indirectly) in the use of cheats, exploits, automation software, emulators, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any Supercell game or any Supercell game experience."[/COLOR]

I frequently use some emulator to chat in the game as I have limitations where typing on the keyboard of a small phone is not feasible. But, I dont want to run afoul of the TOS. To my knowledge, some emulator is not designed to "modify or interfere with the service, or any supercell game experience". It just lets me load the game so I can chat in game (and play altho I really dont like playing in emulator).

Thanks
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; July 7th, 2020 at 02:57 PM.
    I got nothing

ME: SoulCutter: #YVUUYGLC; TH13

Someone asked it and the thread got closed.
    Previously emulator were just unsupported and people wouldnt get banned for the use.
    Now as it is stated in ToS to not use it you can imagin the consequences → permanent ban.
    I mailed sharky about that so people got knowledge of it that emulators are now a reason for ban.

I hope he will create a closed thread with the notification about the not announced changes.

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Discussing about emulators is against the Forum rules.

Forum Veteran
    I absolutely get banning accounts that are using mods - I dislike cheaters myself. It just would be rather unfortunate if we cant use them for those of us that have a handicap on being able to type or see on a smaller screen or have trouble with the virtual keyboard.

Anyway, just was hoping to clarify that aspect but I'll stop using it if thats the rule.
    I got nothing

ME: SoulCutter: #YVUUYGLC; TH13

Quote Originally Posted by gamul1 View Post
    I absolutely get banning accounts that are using mods - I dislike cheaters myself. It just would be rather unfortunate if we cant use them for those of us that have a handicap on being able to type or see on a smaller screen or have trouble with the virtual keyboard.

Anyway, just was hoping to clarify that aspect but I'll stop using it if thats the rule.
    Emulators werent mentioned in ToS previously. It was known that they arent supported and you wouldnt get banned for the use.
    Now that they are mentioned as not allowed you can get banned for using them.

The Terms of service is old and needs to be updated.
    Here is the offical replay from Darian from a similar thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I've forwarded this to our legal team so they can hopefully make any necessary changes.
    Wanna join a Competitive all TH13 Champs 1 war clan?Click here

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

We need to read the whole sentence - Emulators .... designed to modify or interfere. Most emulators do neither.

I'M BATMAN!
    I just got a new 2-in-1 laptop that can act as a tablet. It connects to my phone, and i was hoping to play coc on it, but i can not.

I looked into an emulator, but i decided against it due to tos. Shame that the tos is over-reaching and bans it for this use, when there is no game modification. I have played this game too long, to risk a ban.