Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Terms of Service: One account supported per device

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rst View Post
    The ToS are put forward as the ultimate arbiter when it comes to potential rule breaking so I’d be wary of waiting for them to change their terms as they have had several months to do it and have not as yet. If this part of the ToS is no longer valid and can be ignored then what about the rest of them?
    It's not "only one account per device is allowed". It's just "only one account per device is supported".

Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    It's not "only one account per device is allowed". It's just "only one account per device is supported".
    if only 1 is supported what does that mean, that I cant contact SC support for problems with my other accounts? If support is removed for secondary accounts that could have consequences.
    Last edited by JessVN; July 7th, 2020 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JessVN View Post
    Can a SC official clarify.
    There is wording the the TOS update that says "The Service Supports only one account per game on a supported device" this is the last paragraph of the login information and your account section.

Will we no longer be allowed to have several accounts on a device with SCID. I have over 10, many of which are th3s holding clans open for cwl events clans, but also a 13 11 9 and 8 I grew myself.

Please advise?
    That is not what is stating. Read it as, "The service supports only one account (saved village) per game (play-through) if on a supported device," meaning you get support for one village per account unless you're playing the game on an unsupported platform, such as an emulator, in which case you get no account support.

Thats the the way I understand it.

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    That is not what is stating. Read it as, "The service supports only one account (saved village) per game (play-through) if on a supported device," meaning you get support for one village per account unless you're playing the game on an unsupported platform, such as an emulator, in which case you get no account support.

One village per account?🤔

if only 1 is supported what does that mean, that I cant contact SC support for problems with my other accounts? If support is removed for secondary accounts that could have consequences.
    Before supercell id it was not supported and you may got no help if you get troubles while switching accounts.
    Then supercell released supercell id and this is a supported way to play multiple villages on one device.
    Only ToS needed to be changed.

Can a SC official clarify.
    There is wording the the TOS update that says "The Service Supports only one account per game on a supported device" this is the last paragraph of the login information and your account section.

Will we no longer be allowed to have several accounts on a device with SCID. I have over 10, many of which are th3s holding clans open for cwl events clans, but also a 13 11 9 and 8 I grew myself.

Please advise?
    I guess we should probably advise the lawyers working for supercell to improve their writing.
    The important thing is that multiple accounts on the same device are not only allowed, but also encouraged by Supercell ID. So you don't need to worry about it.
    Last edited by CHANDRIANO; July 7th, 2020 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    One village per account?樂
    Yes, you can't save two villages to one ID. Say you have one village saved to a SCID, then you decide to start a new one. After playing for some time, you want to save this one to the same SCID. You can't, because it isn't supported. This is regardless of whether you're using a supported device.

Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRIANO View Post
    I guess we should probably advise the lawyers working for supercell to improve their writing.
    The important thing is that multiple accounts on the same device are not only allowed, but also encouraged by Supercell ID. So you don't need to worry about it.
    Laws and terms are sometimes deliberately worded ambiguously leaving them subject to interpretation without having to rewrite them. Better that a lay person doesn't interpret things apocalyptically when there's a bit of little wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post

I read "per game" as one clash of clans, one Boom Beach, one Clash Royale, one Hay Day.....
    Most requested QoL feature is a regional filter in the recruiting tool. If it is so hard to track players by region, why does the top player ranking show both a global and (in my case) a local U.S. tab?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    I read "per game" as one clash of clans, one Boom Beach, one Clash Royale, one Hay Day.....
    That makes sense too. Pick one account from each game, and expect to receive support only for that one.

Also consider no one knows your mini is a mini unless you tell them, so until SC explicitly tells us they will not provide support for multiple accounts saved to multiple Supercell IDs as separate entities, we should expect to receive support on those as well.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #50
    No, it just means they don't guarantee any help. Even before SCID, they usually did, but basically if the issues were caused as a result of playing multiple accounts on one device, you could be on your own.

Since SCID came in, that clause is no longer true for Clash, but I'm not 100% sure it is available for all SC games.