Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Donation Ratios

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #31
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRU1955 View Post
    It is stipulated to discourage hoppers. They come and get troops and they do not contribute to the development of the clan. Even when the clan stipulates so, if your performance is good they will generally allow to stay.
    Surely it makes no difference to hoppers, who wouldn't be staying long enough for that to matter anyhow?

Or did you mean to say "leechers" rather than "hoppers" there?

It is stipulated to discourage hoppers. They come and get troops and they do not contribute to the development of the clan. Even when the clan stipulates so, if your performance is good they will generally allow to stay.
    Why would it stop hoppers?..
    even in a balanced system, there is requesting as well as donating, unless the rule is that you must donate before receiving..
    Then who would request first each season?

We dont have a ratio cap, or any rule pertaining requests..
    Members ask, then someone either fills or it sits a while..
    My personal thorn is when a lower hall uses the max troop option.. That winds me.

But my main is a donation account, so I usually fulfil..
    If somebody new arrives and their first action is to request, I will generally make a comment.. Then fill it..
    If they then choose to jump, its only a little loot, easily recouped next time i raid.

EDIT.. Ninja'd by Ajax.. Too quick for me
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; August 12th, 2020 at 03:20 PM.

Forum Superstar
    That in itself will be confusing. If I joined a clan that had a donation ratio in clan discription but it only applies to new players I would leave. Yes you have every right to run your clan but allowing some to have 0 donations and 1k received but telling a new person they need to donate more because they have received 100-200 troops more than they have donated doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    That in itself will be confusing. If I joined a clan that had a donation ratio in clan discription but it only applies to new players I would leave. Yes you have every right to run your clan but allowing some to have 0 donations and 1k received but telling a new person they need to donate more because they have received 100-200 troops more than they have donated doesn't look good.
    Agreed. Most well-run clans can handle this without a rule. For instance, a TH9 would be one of the lower-level bases in our clan, I don't want them donating much, even with the 2-level boost. Take all you want, get loot, upgrade. There are other ways to contribute to a clan other than donating troops. How do they do in clan games? Do they opt-in to classic war? Do they help with CWL? Do they have a network of in-game friends we can use to help recruit? If they don't/can't help out in any of these areas, we don't need a rule in place to, as we say, "send them to Italy" (meaning give them the boot)

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

In our clan, there is no donation ratio

Everyone knows , they have to keep donations at par, not lopsided

As an international clan, donations should be free flowing in all timezones
    Keeping 1:1 ratio is doing your part in clan's activity, just requesting and barely donating in a say(th12+ clan, my clan) isn't a sign of a team player

But, there are exceptions - clan mate is starting a new job/getting married/moving house and so on

Nothing is forced on anyone, but if it happens continuously for 2-3 seasons, i will just dm them, to know the reason, offer solutions and most times it works.
    Last edited by helldestroyer; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:35 AM.
    Th 13 Accounts 75/75/50/20||75/75/50/20||67>68/75/50/20

We don't have a 1:1 ratio requirement, but we do have a minimum required troops donated, but that's over 4 categories so if you don't meet that one it's all good as long as you meet any 2 of the 4!

It truly depends whether the nonappearance of an exacting rule allows one to be their actual self (for example a gift siphon). I don't have such a necessity, adhering rather to a "give before mentioning" rule which IMO educates more concerning one's character than a numbers game.

New Bloke/Chick
    Our clan doesn't have any donation rule.
    Throughout the month people will ask for "any for season challenge" to allow those who want to get their "15" in for the day. Otherwise the higher TH will fill things pretty quick.