Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Donation Ratios

Donation Ratios

why does it seem that most clans I see recruiting on here or in a clans description that members must maintain a 1:1 donation ratio? Imo. That's a next from me when searching clans. Seems petty to me.... do you or your clan have it as a requirement? Why?

In the clan I'm in we don't have it as a requirement but I've stated this before and will state it again: it is not an unreasonable expectation that members donate just as much as they receive.
    In the clan I'm in, we have that kind of expectation, though it is not explicitly stated.

1:1 is pretty reasonable to maintain. You take some, you give some.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    We don't have it as a rule, but it is something that I'll take into consideration when I'm determining a member's value to the clan. On its own, it doesn't mean much, but together with other actions it can help paint a picture.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 21 - 734 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

It really depends whether the absence of a strict guideline gives one permission to be their true self (i.e. a donation leech). I don't have such a requirement, sticking instead to a "donate before requesting" rule which IMO tells more about one's character than a numbers game.

Pro Member
    I've never enforced a strict donation ratio, but I do expect people to donate troops and not always receive. The main thing I'm looking for is how quickly requests get filled. If everyone is getting troops when they need and there isn't anyone that's only receiving troops then donation ratios usually aren't an issue. If there's a lot of open requests because people are refusing to fill them then you're more likely to have issues.

Also, in my opinion a 1:1 ratio will be very hard to maintain for an entire clan. If I request I then need to fill someone's request. If I fill 2 people for every time I request (2:1 ratio) that means someone in the clan will be 1:2 or more likely a few people won't be able to have a 1:1 ratio. So any clan stating require a 1:1 ratio would need to take the entire season into account as well as account for anyone going over this ratio (ie allowing people to be above 1:2 but not exactly 1:1).

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SaYNaNaFoO View Post
    why does it seem that most clans I see recruiting on here or in a clans description that members must maintain a 1:1 donation ratio? Imo. That's a next from me when searching clans. Seems petty to me.... do you or your clan have it as a requirement? Why?
    Unless the clan is all within 1-2 TH levels, it is a totally unreasonable expectation IMV.

We expect our th8s to Th11s to be receiving far more than they donate.

I recruit 10s and 11s into a clan with a lot of very active 12s and 13s. Many requests are for max troops. 10s cant donate. Yetis...so much for 11s. I'm not hamstringing my lower bases with a silly ratio. They donate what they can, when they can. Also, minis make things confusing. A lot of us feed our own minis. Mini looks like a leech. 1 to 1 only works in a clan of very similar town hall levels. Imo.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

In our clan we never look at donation ratios. But we'll look at some raw numbers. If you don't have max troops (after 2-level upgrade), then the number of troops you donate better be low. We don't want your weakling troops. If you have strong troops and never donate, then buh-bye.

Centennial Club
    We ignore numbers, but then we've never had a real leech. And almost all our TH12s and TH13s have multiple accounts, which mean often one of them will get or receive a ton of troops and have a real weird donation ratio.
    Last edited by eTrey; July 6th, 2020 at 11:53 PM.