Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan castle, personal challenge, and the profile page. All could use some improvemen!

Lightbulb Clan castle, personal challenge, and the profile page. All could use some improvemen!

Clash of clans game has evolved alot through the past years and itís now a great game to play, but there are a couple of things that could use improving. Iíll list some of the things thatís on my mind right now.

1-First is the clan castle treasury, i think it would be nicer to distinguish the gold from the elixir, because i always get tricked by the gold all over the clan but when i try to collect the loot itís only elixir.
    i think you can add a small barrels to represent the elixir on the treasury or anything that can help people to tell from outside.

2-second suggestions is the personal challenge feature. It can help players to test their new bases with the specific units that they think it may cause the most damage and to make changes before waiting for opponents to test it out for them. Because when You create the base, you should know itís weaknesses more than anyone and try to make the best you can after attacking it several times from all the sides and with different strategies.

3-last thing to mention is the profile page. Itís great and everything but i think it would be better if it could compare your progress in the achievements with the person that you are browsing his profile.

thank you guys for taking your time to read this and iím sorry if it took too long or if i putted to many ideas on one thread, iím sorry iím new to this, thanks again.

1. It's really not that hard to distinguish. The first bar is gold. The second is elixir. The third is DE.
    2. Frequently requested or ruled out. I'm not sure which.
    3. Why? Does it really matter what his achievements are?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonster123123 View Post
    1. It's really not that hard to distinguish. The first bar is gold. The second is elixir. The third is DE.
    2. Frequently requested or ruled out. I'm not sure which.
    3. Why? Does it really matter what his achievements are?
    1-my idea is to show that outside the clan, and if it’s pointless, why we should put gold on the first place if it’s so easy to press the button and check for each bar.

2-i don’t see why not.

3-many games are already doing it and it’s cool to compare achievements with your friends and clan mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Abusaud34 View Post
    1-my idea is to show that outside the clan, and if it’s pointless, why we should put gold on the first place if it’s so easy to press the button and check for each bar.

2-i don’t see why not.

3-many games are already doing it and it’s cool to compare achievements with your friends and clan mates.
    1. It's just decoration is my guess. Never even noticed it to be honest on my th13 or 11. Wouldnt care if they added elixir barrels but dont care if they don't. I monitor my treasury pretty carefully so something that says, hey, there's elixir in here is pretty useless. And what about de?
    2. Here is a link (from the frequently requested list at the top - suggest reading both it and the ruled out posts).
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ur-own-village
    3. Cant remember the last time I looked at someone's achievements other than getting join request for important things like friend in need.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Because that is the order they happen to be.
    [EDIT]
    After seeing another post, I realise what you meant. I had never noticed it either. But it is just decoration. It has no relation to what gold you have in the treasury - and still shows just the same if you have none at all.
    [/EDIT]

I genuinely cannot see any real use for this (though I can't see any harm either). It isn't worth development time IMO.

2-i don’t see why not.
    It is in the frequently requested list (not ruled out, but I don't think SC are keen on it). If it ever were to come, it would of course still have the 24 hour cooldown.

And actually, your statement " You create the base, you should know it’s weaknesses more than anyone" is just plain false. Most people, if they don#'t see a weakness as they create the base, will also miss the same weakness when they are attacking. You need other people attacking to find weaknesses you missed. This is why when creating software, you try to never have the same people system testing something as the people who wrote it.

It may be, but there really isn't that much spare room for this on the screen. Again no harm, but not sure it is worth development time.
    Last edited by Ajax; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    [EDIT]
    After seeing another post, I realise what you meant. I had never noticed it either. But it is just decoration. It has no relation to what gold you have in the treasury - and still shows just the same if you have none at all.
    [/EDIT]
    An empty CC shows no gold coins. It also shows more gold coins the more it has inside. I think they changed the graphics a little bit a couple updates ago. A full CC used to be totally covered in gold coins, now I believe it shows less. It helps when you're looting; tells you if you should waste any troops going after the CC.

Edit: found some older pics, where it used to have a small storage on the roof for each resource showing how full it was.
    http://i.imgur.com/zbz24u0.jpg
    https://www.upload.ee/image/5181683/...6-13-31-41.png
    https://smokebear.files.wordpress.co...16506472_n.jpg

Last edited by JohnnyPC; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:39 PM.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    An empty CC shows no gold coins. It also shows more gold coins the more it has inside. I think they changed the graphics a little bit a couple updates ago. A full CC used to be totally covered in gold coins, now I believe it shows less. It helps when you're looting; tells you if you should waste any troops going after the CC.
    OK. But not just no gold, only if it is completely empty.

Forum Superstar

1-First is the clan castle treasury, ... distinguish the gold from the elixir, ....

2-second suggestions ... players to test their new bases ...

3-last thing to mention is the profile page. ... would be better if it could compare your progress in the achievements with the person that you are browsing his profile.

1. I don't think I would care about this. What I care about is whether there are CC troops inside or not. Gold on top usually means no troops inside. No gold on top means there might be troops inside, although usually thee aren't. I like the current graphics over the previous (3 mini storages) because it is easier to see the difference.

2. I think a major if not essential part of this game is playing with other people. You are supposed to play with other people. Get another person in your clan to attack your base, with the troops you want to test. This is best for all involved. You can have two account, and keep them at the same levels, and play with yourself, but then you are missing the point of the game.

3. Cosmetic improvements to peoples profile pages would be nice. The ability to compare profile pages, in game, like you can do out of the game, would be nice. Usually, you want to compare someone with yourself, yes. Not sure that this should be a major coding job, but mainly a style decision. On the profile page, my wishes are for their Opt In/Out status to show.