Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: End of spells in clash of clans

Pro Member

End of spells in clash of clans

When town hall 12 was released we got a new troop electro dragon and after 6 months of its release we got new dark elixir troop ice golem and dark elixir spell bat spell
    But after 6 months of release of town hall 13 we get new dark elixir troop head hunter but we don't get a new spell.

I have realised that all ascepts on which a spell can be created is over there is no more new mechanics left on which spell can created even I tried to thinking of new mechanics on which spell can be created but couldn't find any even in idea forum many ideas have come on new spell which are either too powerful or irrevelant.

So does this mean that the age of new spell over.

Hope I am wrong

Personally, do believe at some future point a new spell will be added.

No new spell, in my own view, will be "too powerful, or irrelavent". I know that many respond to new spell suggestions as such, but in reality, all spells and troops can be slightly modified, tweaked, and changed over time. How many times have we seen something buffed, or nerfed (Bat Spell was quickly nerfed after initial release). Any spell, with any mechanic, can be made viable, yet not overpowering.

Suspect they are simply wise enough to not overwhelm our choices. Sure, they could introduce a new spell and a new troop quarterly. So we could have 30 spells to pick from. Suspect most people would use the same three to five, ignoring the other 25. All we would have then is useless, archaic spells to upgrade in the lab with no value.
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:33 PM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Personally, do believe at some future point a new spell will be added.

No new spell, in my own view, will be "too powerful, or irrelavent". I know that many respond to new spell suggestions as such, but in reality, all spells and troops can be slightly modified, tweaked, and changed over time. How many times have we seen something buffed, or nerfed (Bat Spell was quickly nerfed after initial release). Any spell, with any mechanic, can be made viable, yet not overpowering.
    But there not much mechanics left on which new spells can be created

Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    All depends upon how one defines "new machanics". Some could argue that both Haste and Rage are simular mechanics. I myself believe these examples do offer different mechanics than we have today; https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t=Friday+spell

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    No

read the link rowman posted. There a lots of clever ideas for new spells

SC has plans to sustain coc for years by drip feeding us new content

patience

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

Millennial Club
    It's more like everyone is self-sustained or can do good enough with the existing spells... Any new Spell would be somewhat linked to the existing ones... Say Invisibility Spell is basically not dealing damage to your troops, which is what a Heal Spell or Freeze can do indirectly, and probably Heal and Freeze encourage healthy attacking tactics like funneling and proper placement of troops. Maybe more Spell Housing Space may be useful after TH13 if anything, unless there's some brand new defense that needs better dealing with....
    Things left to do on my Bucket List:
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

Blow yourself away by reading my brand new idea - The Shadow Spirit!

Millennial Club
    I have realised that all ascepts on which a spell can be created is over there is no more new mechanics left on which spell can created even I tried to thinking of new mechanics on which spell can be created but couldn't find any even in idea forum many ideas have come on new spell which are either too powerful or irrevelant.

Hope I am wrong
    Check out this thread.
    Although some of the spells idea are fun, but there are also serious and unique spell idea which may make it into the game.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...xir-Spell-Idea

Wow nice link! thanks Merc, I didn't expect the reflect/mirror spell was already in the poll.

Glad that spell idea was the one highly voted.

Millennial Club
    spawn skeletons and spawn bats is same mechanics, right? i didnt see this stop anyone before.

also consider the following:
    1) Nullifier - a "spell trap" which in certain radius preventing any offense spells/abilities from being used. - Who said we cant have spell traps??

2) fog - offense spell creating a cloud of smote bloking defenses from seeing attacker (similar to freeze, but allows defending cc troops and heroes to continue move)

3) invulnerability - an offense spell with very small radius making troops immune to dmg. Only units that were in its radius when dropped (not units who entered later) will be affected. those units will carry the invulnerability for a few seconds (spell affects units and units can have this spell on them when they leave spell initial radius!) - similar to grand warden ability but very small radius.

4) infection - small radius, troops affected by this spell will cary an infection in their body, when they will die they will release it causing dmg reduction and attack speed reduction in very small radius (for example an infected hog rider when dies will infect the tower it was hitting causing it to shoot slower at others)

the amount of ideas and concepts are huge, all needed is a bit of creativity. i think this game is far from over in all its concepts (spells, traps, units, towers and even game modes)
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    End of new Spells? Didn't we add the Bat Spell about a year and a half ago? We do plan on adding new Spells in the future, but adding novel Spell ideas and making them balanced is a tricky prospect, with 'balanced' being the key word. We definitely want to avoid the fiasco the Bat Spell caused when it was first released.

But more challenging is implementing something that adds a novel feature to the game without fundamentally changing the core of Clash of Clans. Spells that allow you to control the direction of Heroes or Troops (Jump Spell is not this) is something we don't want to do. Yes, there are a ton of brilliant ideas as we saw in the forum contest, and while the ideas were great, not many of them are actually viable to use in Clash.

But we do have some ideas we'd like to implement one day; we just need to do it carefully.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.