Thread: Townies Update went wrong?

Fresh Spawn

Townies Update went wrong?

Hi there

Please excuse in advance any bad English, it's a second language for me.

I just noticed with the last summer update (besides the again less free diamonds (no diamonds in the mine? hello? and other annoying problems discussed in length) that my townies now want more complicated products. As far as I read, the should be easier to satisfy now, but they keep demanding special cakes, sandwiches, feta salads, bacom salads, hamburgers, fishburgers, cheesecakes, etc. (I'm level 66 btw.).

The thing is: for all these products I need something else made first: make bread, mayonaise, tons of feta cheese, baked tomatoes, cookies, list goes on. And it seems like every new townie now wants those kind of products which base on other products.

Before the update, I had some of them wanting those, but others wanted easier products as well (bacon and eggs, muffins, cookies, juice). So while for some townies I had to produce complicated stuff, others I could serve easier. It was a nice flow between easy customers and demanding ones. I could always get something done (I play casual, btw., just logging in twice or three times a day except when I have an off day).

But now, I get stuck on these complicated orders because I always need 2 or 3 steps to produce the products and basically noone wants easy ones any more. There is no flow, it just seems like work and not play and fun.

Wasn't the update supposed to go the other way, make it easier? Is it easier on high levels to satisfy townies now but just bad on my kind of level? Anyone else having this issue?

Greetings

Centennial Club
    I think the thing that they have fixed, is that some townies asked for (and not kidding!) 15 honey, or 10 beeswax. The amount of products are still the same, but some are easier now.
    However, when I had installed the summer update, my first new townie asked for 13 peanuts, what is/was an insane amount, as we didn't have any squirrels and/or peanuts yet..
    Lvl:59 Achievements: 104/132 (updated 08/25/2017)
    Lvl:64 Achievements: 111/144 (updated 12/09/2018)
    Lvl:75 Achievements: 121/144 (updated: 09/02/2019)
    Lvl:78 Achievements: 125/144 (updated: 11/10/2019)

I have not noticed the townie demands getting easier.

But I just boot them to the train station if they're asking 15 peanuts or 8 jams and 5 lobsters. The only time I'll make an effort is during the barn or silo item events. Otherwise, get outta here with your ridiculous demands.
    Level 211

Fresh Spawn
    Well, I'm perfectly aware that I can boot anybody, but I usually don't want to. I like the challenge. And I'm not talking about those 15 times honey or 12 times peanuts.
    I'm talking about the sudden rise of demands of sandwiches, feta salads, bacon salads, wedding cakes (the ones with gold and lillies), cheesecake and so on.
    You know, those kind of products you have produce something else for first.

Quote Originally Posted by KuziMine View Post
    Well, I'm perfectly aware that I can boot anybody, but I usually don't want to. I like the challenge. And I'm not talking about those 15 times honey or 12 times peanuts.
    I'm talking about the sudden rise of demands of sandwiches, feta salads, bacon salads, wedding cakes (the ones with gold and lillies), cheesecake and so on.
    You know, those kind of products you have produce something else for first.
    I have not noticed that, TBH. They haven't decreased, but they haven't increased, either.

Maybe it's just that you've leveled up? The orders do get harder the higher your level is.
    Level 211

I haven’t noticed any difference. They have always asked for those items.
    Level 135, Town 40
    always working on barn and town

Quote Originally Posted by KuziMine View Post
    Hi there

Please excuse in advance any bad English, it's a second language for me.

I just noticed with the last summer update (besides the again less free diamonds (no diamonds in the mine? hello? and other annoying problems discussed in length) that my townies now want more complicated products. As far as I read, the should be easier to satisfy now, but they keep demanding special cakes, sandwiches, feta salads, bacom salads, hamburgers, fishburgers, cheesecakes, etc. (I'm level 66 btw.).

The thing is: for all these products I need something else made first: make bread, mayonaise, tons of feta cheese, baked tomatoes, cookies, list goes on. And it seems like every new townie now wants those kind of products which base on other products.

Before the update, I had some of them wanting those, but others wanted easier products as well (bacon and eggs, muffins, cookies, juice). So while for some townies I had to produce complicated stuff, others I could serve easier. It was a nice flow between easy customers and demanding ones. I could always get something done (I play casual, btw., just logging in twice or three times a day except when I have an off day).

But now, I get stuck on these complicated orders because I always need 2 or 3 steps to produce the products and basically noone wants easy ones any more. There is no flow, it just seems like work and not play and fun.

Wasn't the update supposed to go the other way, make it easier? Is it easier on high levels to satisfy townies now but just bad on my kind of level? Anyone else having this issue?

Greetings
    Firstly, I'd just like to say that your english is very good - as good as an english speaker (better than some!&#128518)

Secondly, I would recommend maybe staying out of town for a couple of days &, in that time, trying to build up a stockpile of each item that you currently find difficult to serve to the townies. Or, indeed, of every product that you can make.

Continuously (as playing time will allow) make the base products &, in turn, keep using them to create the items they go into making. I realise that this can be restricted by storage capacity but if you can always have at least 2 or 3 of each product (more of the ones that they ask for in bulk, carrot juice for example) they are then immediately available to serve when requested, & then you go back to the farm & start on making a replacement to keep the numbers up.

Once the stockpile is done you can start playing the town again with, hopefully, enough products to keep from getting bogged down.

As an aside, I think this method is easier to keep up with if you have a second farm where you can keep sugar, dairy, bread etc being made to 'feed' to your main farm for making the other products. I understand though that not everybody wants, or necessarily has the time, to take on another farm.

And, to answer your actual question(!!) I haven't really noticed a difference in townie requests, better or worse.
    Last edited by JemimaPD; July 6th, 2020 at 07:27 AM.

Fresh Spawn
    Hey there,

thanks for all the answers, especially JemimaPD. I actually try to produce what I can beforehand and have it ready, but my possibilities there are quite limited. The two main raesons for that are storage capacity (or lack thereof) and time. The first thing is hard to come buy and a quest for a lifetime. And for the second: as I said, I'm a casual player, logging in twice a day on a standard workday. Once in the morning and once in the evening.

But again, I don't mind waiting a bit to be able to serve the more challenging customers, as long as there are easier once as well and therefore a nice balance. I usually don't send any townie packing. The more complicated ones are just a challenge for me.

So after the summer update, I had the feeling there were pretty much no easy townies coming, only the challenging ones and that bummed me out. But now (and maybe since the optional update) I think it got better again. Not completely, I still get higher demand for feta salads (I never needed that much feta before, I'm sure of it). But maybe I just had/have bad luck?

That still leaves the question about the townies getting easier to satisfy (something I read about in the official update-notes). But as long as it didn't really get worse...