Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why bother

Centennial Club

Why bother

Does anyone else message in game support with screenshots of debilitating glitches and gaming errors only for them to respond with 'there is nothing more they can do" and they close the chat? I have never minded that I pay to play, but I expect that paying money in the game goes to fund programmers who fix issues, create new opportunities and so forth. Clearly that is not the case. My bunny timer is still a mess and as I read through the forum everyone still is having the same issues as before the update, but they quickly fixed the glitch that benefit players with extra expansion permits.

I agree with one of my neighbors that we just need to stop spending money. Why bother buying diamonds to do the extra derby task, nothing exciting comes from top 3 prizes anymore. You can't dawdle in your farm and enjoy the special edition decor you buy when the game irritates you so much you don't want to be in it, and what makes you want to buy other decor and "fancy up" your farm and town when you only come in for a few minutes at a time because being in the game only reminds and insults you that the programmers and support staff at Supercell don't value you as a contributing hay day player.

I cannot help but wonder if everyone took their two dollars here and 20 dollars there and chose to keep it in their pockets or spend it elsewhere if the programmers would slow down and pay attention to what their consumers are asking for. Idk about y'all, but all I have asked for is if there is a glitch that prevents me from playing as the game is designed to be played that they actually fix it.

Interested to hear what others have to say.

It's not the programmers, it's the management. The programmers are mortals like us, work their daily hours, hopefully get paid regularly and pay their taxes and bills. And, if some money is left, eventually buy a new pair of snickers to their little Tina because her old ones are all tattered.
    Its the tuxedo people that are calling the shots.
    And as long as millions are flowing in, all is just peachy in la-la-land.
    Last edited by BULIGO; July 4th, 2020 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    It's not the programmers, it's the management. The programmers are mortals like us, work their daily hours, hopefully get paid regularly and pay their taxes and bills. And, if some money is left, eventually buy a new pair of snickers to their little Tina because her old ones are all tattered.
    Its the tuxedo people that are calling the shots.
    And as long as millions are flowing in, all is just peachy in la-la-land.
    I just got done "talking" to them too. They closed the chat saying there was nothing else they could do and if after a while I wanted to chat about something else I could. I am done, will keep playing a bit but not spend one more penny. Too many other nice games I can spend money, that never update because of their own screw ups.

I am still puzzled. An one-time bonus of 3 permits and/or few puzzle pieces due to a tiny glitch...how big of a company loss could that be to rush to fix it the way they did?

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    I am still puzzled. An one-time bonus of 3 permits and/or few puzzle pieces due to a tiny glitch...how big of a company loss could that be to rush to fix it the way they did?
    If they let it last any longer than they did, it would not be a one-time bonus nor of just 3 either. I was one of the ppl to benefit from the glitch last derby because I didn’t collect my rewards til after the update. I didn’t benefit as much as some others did because I only got a scroll in one of the 3 bunny rewards columns and saw it go up from 1x to 4x after the update. But others reported getting a total of 14 scrolls last derby. Each bunny reward column gives a chance to win a scroll. The amounts of rewards you get increase with subsequent bunnies caught but wasn’t supposed to apply to scrolls/puzzle pieces/boosters. After the update sounds like ppl in CL ended up getting 3x in bunny column 1, 4x in column 2 and 5x in column 3 plus 1x in each of the regular derby columns 4 & 7 =14, enuf in 1 week to open the plot I’m working on next. Don’t know for sure but from what I can see and have been able to gather, the most scrolls needed to unlock a plot is 18. Some only need 5. If team HD left this till when they come back in Aug to fix, considering how often they’ve had a bunny derby, ppl could be accumulating scrolls way too fast than their “objective” to “make them so rare we keep playing for years.”

Update: just to clarify I’m not so sure that it’s “trying to keep us playing for years” than it is them having trouble keeping pace with developing new content to keep players interested.
    Last edited by QBIE; July 5th, 2020 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QBIE View Post
    If team HD left this till when they come back in Aug to fix, considering how often they’ve had a bunny derby, ppl could be accumulating scrolls way too fast than their “objective” to “make them so rare we keep playing for years.”
    I haven’t heard anyone suggest that they wait until August. Just don’t do the “fix” until after this derby! It’s a matter of days.

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Quote Originally Posted by MarySC View Post
    I haven’t heard anyone suggest that they wait until August. Just don’t do the “fix” until after this derby! It’s a matter of days.
    correct no one suggested they wait til then, but if I understood correctly the Finnish usually take month of July off because it is their very short “summer”. 2nd time (at least that I’m aware of) team hay day decided to roll out an update just before planning to go on vacation. It is my assumption they likely only allotted this past week like they did the dec 2019 update to fix any urgent issues arising from the update and they werent planning to be around next week, hence the “urgency” of their fix that could not wait til the end of this derby. this is all my speculation of course.
    Last edited by QBIE; July 5th, 2020 at 03:24 AM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by MarySC View Post
    You've brought up an excellent point. Let me create the following timeline for this week using my local time as a reference point.

Monday morning: The derby ended while I was asleep so I collected my derby winnings.

Tuesday morning: The Bunny Chill Derby has started.

Wednesday morning: Like many Finns, Team Hay Day started their month long vacation on the first of July.

Friday morning: Game asked me in a big popup to download optional update which I gladly did.

======================

With the above timeline in mind, I'm speculating the following scenario. Between my Tuesday and Friday, THD was alerted to a beneficial glitch which may or may not throw the game out of balance or cause unintended consequences and cut short the life span of the game. Should they address it ASAP and risk upsetting us players or wait until the derby ends?

I'd like to see them fix the glitch ASAP and get on with their well-deserved vacations.

If you the forumites were on Team Hay Day, what would you do?

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    July 4, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; July 5th, 2020 at 04:22 AM.
    Thank you Supercell Co-Founder Mikko Kodisoja and good luck on your new adventure.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ft-the-Company

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    You've brought up an excellent point. Let me create the following timeline for this week using my local time as a reference point.

Monday morning: The derby ended while I was asleep so I collected my derby winnings.

Tuesday morning: The Bunny Chill Derby has started.

Wednesday morning: Like many Finns, Team Hay Day started their month long vacation on the first of July.

Friday morning: Game asked me in a big popup to download optional update which I gladly did.

======================

With the above timeline in mind, I'm speculating the following scenario. Between my Tuesday and Friday, THD was alerted to a beneficial glitch which may or may not throw the game out of balance or cause unintended consequences and cut short the life span of the game. Should they address it ASAP and risk upsetting us players or wait until the derby ends?

I'd like to see them fix the glitch ASAP and get on with their well-deserved vacations.

If you the forumites were on Team Hay Day, what would you do?

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    July 4, 2020
    Part of the problem is the lack of communication between SC and the players (at least on this forum). Players should not have had to "discover" what has happened in this case, and there should be no need for players to "wonder" or "speculate" when it comes to unexplained changes in the game that many find to be significant.

So, imo, SC should have promptly explained what happened in this case with an apology. And it wouldn't hurt to send Alfred out with scrolls to at least lessen the frustration the players are feeling.
    Last edited by Tahoe; July 5th, 2020 at 05:04 AM.

Thank you TerMinus for the Sig!
    A message of hope-http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLSk3AVcUU

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Part of the problem is the lack of communication between SC and the players (at least on this forum). Players should not have to "discover" what has happened in this case, and there should be no need for players to "wonder" or "speculate" when it comes to unexplained changes in the game that many find to be significant.

So, imo, SC should have promptly explained what happened in this case with an apology. And it wouldn't hurt to send Alfred out with scrolls to at least lessen the frustration the players are feeling.
    I know there are usually (frequently?) updates with a few days or a week or so to spare for fixes before July. And if something drastic happens they need to address it. That’s all fair.

But Tahoe’s suggestion would be appropriate, I think. At least. I remember for a while it seemed like they would deliver 5 diamonds every time there was an unplanned maintenance break. I’m not sure when that last happened.

In this case, it’s scrolls.

But I just don’t understand how people (however many or few) having 2-4 extra scrolls would upset the balance of the game so much and/or end the game earlier than intended, or whatever other drastic consequence could come of it. It would help people open one plot of land with that, assuming they have the other required items to go with it. ?

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja