Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why bother

Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    I know there are usually (frequently?) updates with a few days or a week or so to spare for fixes before July. And if something drastic happens they need to address it. That’s all fair.

But Tahoe’s suggestion would be appropriate, I think. At least. I remember for a while it seemed like they would deliver 5 diamonds every time there was an unplanned maintenance break. I’m not sure when that last happened.

In this case, it’s scrolls.

But I just don’t understand how people (however many or few) having 2-4 extra scrolls would upset the balance of the game so much and/or end the game earlier than intended, or whatever other drastic consequence could come of it. It would help people open one plot of land with that, assuming they have the other required items to go with it. ?
    at the same time, the overtly generous rewards were not universal.

My main farm had normal and reasonable rewards.

my mini had over the top rewards, like more boosters than were manageable... 5 rose and 4 toms?

I would likely have been really PO’ed if I chose 5 rose and 4 toms and did not get them all

i will take fixed rewards over glitched rewards
    Farm 144
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 60 GW 40
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post

But I just don’t understand how people (however many or few) having 2-4 extra scrolls would upset the balance of the game so much and/or end the game earlier than intended, or whatever other drastic consequence could come of it. It would help people open one plot of land with that, assuming they have the other required items to go with it. ?
    They upset because can't exploit glicht anymore. I am glad Supercell fix it. I didn't get ONE scroll last two-three mounth.

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    at the same time, the overtly generous rewards were not universal.

My main farm had normal and reasonable rewards.

my mini had over the top rewards, like more boosters than were manageable... 5 rose and 4 toms?

I would likely have been really PO’ed if I chose 5 rose and 4 toms and did not get them all

i will take fixed rewards over glitched rewards
    Ok, that’s something I missed in skimming, then, I thought everyone had basically the same complaint about the same thing (missing scrolls). Was there at least an announcement with the maintenance break that repaired it? If they sent a note in game, it might have gone a long way towards helping people realize what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by meemeeme View Post
    They upset because can't exploit glicht anymore. I am glad Supercell fix it. I didn't get ONE scroll last two-three mounth.
    I was referring to Lynn’s comment about it “upsetting the balance” of the game, not “upsetting people”.

I’m in the same position with not getting more than maybe 1 or 2:in I don’t know how many months. At the same time I haven’t started going out of my way to bother purposely collecting/using scrolls yet, so didn’t really notice. I don’t have any post-update, but I don’t know whether I had them before it, either. (I don’t really think about the rewards until it’s closer to time to collect them.)

But I can see why people who have been trying to collect rare items (that were made rarer), would be upset to think they finally got a few but then...didn’t.

Hopefully SC will sort it out for *everyone after the derby ends, with some scrolls, boosters, or diamonds—whatever makes sense.

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

Fresh Spawn
    I remember there was the boat event giving scrolls, similar to the one that gave puzzle pieces couple days ago.
    If they make the events giving scrolls once or twice a month, it would make all players feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by CKWU View Post
    I remember there was the boat event giving scrolls, similar to the one that gave puzzle pieces couple days ago.
    If they make the events giving scrolls once or twice a month, it would make all players feeling better.
    Yes, I agree. I'm pretty disappointed that that permit boat event seems to have disappeared 😟

There are some posts on the forum now suggesting that permits are back as smaller mystery box prizes though, so that's an improvement if true, albeit down to chance somewhat.

I just had the following happen:
    Claimed derby rewards, went to unlock a plot of land with scrolls. Plot unlocked, I removed a tree and stored the deco that was on that plot. The game automatically restarts and I've lost 5 scrolls (the plot itself was worth 10) and the plot is locked again
    I've contacted support and I'm really hoping they can help. 5 scrolls take a long time to get
    Kik: ElluProx
    Level: 102
    Started 05.05.2014

Bolt, Nail and Deed farm

Quote Originally Posted by ElluPro View Post
    I just had the following happen:
    Claimed derby rewards, went to unlock a plot of land with scrolls. Plot unlocked, I removed a tree and stored the deco that was on that plot. The game automatically restarts and I've lost 5 scrolls (the plot itself was worth 10) and the plot is locked again
    I've contacted support and I'm really hoping they can help. 5 scrolls take a long time to get
    You getting the amount of scrolls you got was a glitch in the game. The same happened to me. I'm guessing when the game restarted, it reset some sort of data in the game and only added the rewards that were meant to be given at the start. Really disappointing tbh, definitely think it cheered a lot of people up.

The high amount of scrolls as reward was fixed with the latest mini update. The right, low (correct) amount was stored on the game server, the wrong, higher amount on your device. Both should be equal, so the game usually crashes, or restarts in your case.
    You are entitled to the low "normal" amount since the higher amount was the effect of an programming error.
    It is possible that you somehow failed to update your game and thus was still seeing the higher, wrong number of scrolls as reward.
    Last edited by BULIGO; July 6th, 2020 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    The high amount of scrolls as reward was fixed with the latest mini update. The right, low (correct) amount was stored on the game server, the wrong, higher amount on your device. Both should be equal, so the game usually crashes, or restarts in your case.
    You are entitled to the low "normal" amount since the higher amount was the effect of an programming error.
    It is possible that you somehow failed to update your game and thus was still seeing the higher, wrong number of scrolls as reward.
    I paid extra diamonds for tasks to ensure as a team we would all benefit from the excellent bunny prizes ... just for them to be diminished.

Disappointed!

I spend a LOT of money on Hay Day and I totally support the game developers and believe they earn the money I spend. I am currently pretty cross at SuperCell/Hay Day to the point where I might actually keep my money in my own pocket for a while. I hate to do it, because I'm a level 135 player and the programmers don't deserve it but I don't know how else to make my dissatisfaction known. The sad part is I don't even think they'll miss my $$
    Last edited by Cowslips; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:38 AM.