Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Switch back to Google Play Games from Supercell ID

Quote Originally Posted by legendarysurya View Post
    I have a solution. If you haven't clicked the "Remember my device" option while connecting to the Supercell ID, you can try this:
    1. Go to Settings of your phone
    2. Go to "My Apps" or "Apps".
    3. Search Clash of Clans and tap it.
    4. Delete the game's data.
    5. Open Clash of Clans and enter your Google Play ID, and then sign-in with your Supercell ID.
    Hope this works.
    Now, if you have clicked the "Remember my device" option while connecting to the Supercell ID, you need to contact them via the game support.
    You are aware that there is no 'remember my device' option, rather a 'remember me on this device' option, which remembers the account on said device?

Whether you use that option or not, it has no impact on the account (besides on that device): if you have an SCID linked to the account, you'll need to unlink that before you can use google again to log on to the village

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    .. Not sure why you would want to anyway.
    I found plenty of reasons to not use SCID so far... and discussed them here over the years. Still the feature hasn’t reached the level of security, and enduser flexibility I would need to switch to it. I am a single-account player, so I do not have any benefit otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Hey guys.
    You may have missed something.
    There is an option called "opting out from supercell id" which doesnt use the one time account recovery. (Some players havent these option)
    Never heard of this, but if it exists, can you please show a screenshot of that option?
    And then if it is not available to all, is a bug ticket open yet?

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Never heard of this, but if it exists, can you please show a screenshot of that option?
    And then if it is not available to all, is a bug ticket open yet?
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...percell-Option

Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    Contact the forums???🤔
    Oh sorry I was like unconscious a bit and that's why typed something wrong and that was accidental . Editing it now .

PS :My mistake made me laugh for a minute 😂😂.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    I found plenty of reasons to not use SCID so far... and discussed them here over the years. Still the feature hasn’t reached the level of security, and enduser flexibility I would need to switch to it. I am a single-account player, so I do not have any benefit otherwise.
    While I can understand somebody not wanting to switch, there is no benefit switching back once you have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    While I can understand somebody not wanting to switch, there is no benefit switching back once you have done.
    I see an obvious one: losing access to the email address used for the SCID, for any reason.

Whether having used a shared email address (parent, etc...) or life-related (work, social media, ...), life events may create such instances when a linked SCID address must be changed. And having to process *only* through SC support with account verification is one of the reasons I haven’t used the feature yet. Notwithstanding the remote risk of being locked out, for no actual reason other than lengthy support response times.

Many other online services, far more important such as banking, governments, real life stuff, have a more enduser friendly approach, whilst maintaining a decent level of safety.

(Again: the above to change email address, but it is so cumbersome and risky, that one might as well back off SCID altogether and make ones own life easier)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I'm that guy that just doesn't see a benefit, so never went scid. Old and not liking change could be another. Supercell did help me recover my account through direct contact, that was before scid ever was available. (Someone had taken over my account). Likely someone could convince me to use it, but I kind of prefer to roll with what's worked for over 6 years now. One account is Google play, one Apple.

I see an obvious one: losing access to the email address used for the SCID, for any reason.

Whether having used a shared email address (parent, etc...) or life-related (work, social media, ...), life events may create such instances when a linked SCID address must be changed. And having to process *only* through SC support with account verification is one of the reasons I havenít used the feature yet. Notwithstanding the remote risk of being locked out, for no actual reason other than lengthy support response times.

Many other online services, far more important such as banking, governments, real life stuff, have a more enduser friendly approach, whilst maintaining a decent level of safety.

(Again: the above to change email address, but it is so cumbersome and risky, that one might as well back off SCID altogether and make ones own life easier)
    This makes no sense as whether or not you're using SID or GPlay if you loose access to the email address associated you're going to have to do a recovery as there's no other way about it. It would.be the exact same outcome in both cases.

Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Achievements dont get added to google id once scid is set may be that is one of reason for someone who care about achievements

Quote Originally Posted by RH69 View Post
    Achievements dont get added to google id once scid is set may be that is one of reason for someone who care about achievements
    There is a way to trigger the achievements.
    Login with the associated gplay account (obviously will tell you to use scid) and it triggers the achievments.