Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrapped plans of clash of clans

Pro Member

Scrapped plans of clash of clans

When I was playing my mini account which is town hall 4 there is usual arrow pointing to rebuild the boat.when the boat is unbuild there is a option called travel when you click it says "Rebuild the boat to visit new places"
    If you notice the word places it is in plural when we can travel to builder base only so is it a grammatical mistake or a scrapped plan of clash of clans developers after the amazing success of builder base (sarcastic)

Comment your thoughts.

"New place" and "new places" are subjective terms, so both are gramatically correct!

I once spent a lot of time pond hopping for work, 30+ trips to London. My first visit to London was a "new place". On subsequent visits, I would often visit something "new" while there (all within the London area). When I visited Hyde Park for the first time as an example, it was "someplace new".

So I go to the Builder Base (a new world with new places) and see my base for the first time (new place). I hit attack and am given your base, which I have never seen before, which to me is a "new place". So if we look at it as the Builder Base is a gateway to a "new world" consiting of "new places" (all Builder Bases within game), then plural is correct. Since subjective, one can container "place" to be only your own particular base (singular). Both are correct either way.
    Last edited by rowman; July 4th, 2020 at 01:00 PM.

Rowman's correct. Both of em can be correct depending upon your outlooks.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    "New place" and "new places" are subjective terms, so both are gramatically correct!

I once spent a lot of time pond hopping for work, 30+ trips to London. My first visit to London was a "new place". On subsequent visits, I would often visit something "new" while there (all within the London area). When I visited Hyde Park for the first time as an example, it was "someplace new".

So I go to the Builder Base (a new world with new places) and see my base for the first time (new place). I hit attack and am given your base, which I have never seen before, which to me is a "new place". So if we look at it as the Builder Base is a gateway to a "new world" consiting of "new places" (all Builder Bases within game), then plural is correct. Since subjective, one can container "place" to be only your own particular base (singular). Both are correct either way.
    But even my base will have same things , same building as you how is it new.And by boat we can visit only your builder base,you cannot attack my base by boat ,you have to first travel to builder base then click attack option to find my base so even if my base is new you cannot travel to it directly by your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    But even my base will have same things , same building as you how is it new.And by boat we can visit only your builder base,you cannot attack my base by boat ,you have to first travel to builder base then click attack option to find my base so even if my base is new you cannot travel to it directly by your boat.
    Are you trying to say that SC will introduce a new village someday? And thats why they wrote places instead of place?

Although we have been told by SC side that they arent planning to introduce new village soon.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drekdx View Post
    Are you trying to say that SC will introduce a new village someday? And thats why they wrote places instead of place?

Although we have been told by SC side that they arent planning to introduce new village soon.
    Read the title scrapped plans of clash of clans which means that at first developers made some plans but later destroyed it after builder hall failure
    Last edited by Ullaspn; July 4th, 2020 at 01:41 PM.

Read the title scrapped plans of clash of clans which means that at first developers made some plans but later destroyed it after builder hall failure
    No it does not. You are selectively interpruting "places" to support your conclusion.

As I said, so much in language is subjective. By your following example, not being able to take the boat directly to your base, I then (by my example) never visited Hyde Park! All my flights into London landed at Heathrow. Not a one touched down in Hyde Park. .....

Last edited by rowman; July 4th, 2020 at 02:07 PM.

Centennial Club
    Im curious as to what you're hoping to learn here. We, the forum crowd, have no idea what the developers might have come up with and deemed unacceptable, and scrapped. The devs are definitely not going to comment on all, or even any, modes that eventually did not pan out here in the forums...so what are you hoping to learn here?

And I definitely wouldn't call the builder base a failure, but i do think that it fell WAY short of what supercell expected it to be...and of how it was received

Each builder hall you attack is a new place. I would use the plural.
    Quote Originally Posted by WastingGems View Post
    SC missed the boat with this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    Although they did leave it behind.
    Builder base, a village so bad even it's builder wants to leave.

Maybe they do intend to add new villages or other places you could visit someday. I’ve always speculated that Warcraft-style single player battles against computer-controlled goblins was the original concept for CoC. The entire tutorial has you fighting against goblins on defense and offense. Then they realized that it was more interesting and in some ways simpler to battle against other people. No need for a goblin attack AI or to create zillions of goblin bases to attack.