Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the warden supposed to behave like this?

Is the warden supposed to behave like this?

Here's the video

https://youtu.be/2JGA9vW3zjE

isn't the warden supposed to follow the group which has more weight? clearly 40 hogs and a royal champion have more weight than the king but still the warden decided to follow the king.The hogs weren't far away either they were literally in his aura but for some absurd reason the warden followed the king.

This is the first time I've ever seen this happen so it's pretty rare but still it's very annoying, couldn't get the 3 because of this
    Last edited by clasher0011; July 3rd, 2020 at 09:42 AM.

Hi

He's a support troop who's supporting the closest building being targeted by an ally. The Hogs target is much further away.

Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    He's a support troop who's supporting the closest building being targeted by an ally. The Hogs target is much further away.
    Take a look at the video again changed it,the video starts from the hog deployment.the hogs were close enough,I don't think the warden takes the closest target to consideration,the warden is supposed to support the biggest group if they are close enough.

Hi

Millennial Club
    To be fair I have seen this happened few times after the recent update. It looks like GW is more likely to stop following group of troops and decide to support Heroes which have lesser weight than the group of troops. I don't like this change. I do adjust my attack now to deploy BK and RC much later to ensure that at least GW support my main troops to the core / TH area.

And a few instances where GW is confused and can't decide to support which group of troops (when the group split up, and also there are other Heroes in his range). My opinion is that this may be due to too much coding change/added to the GW which make him undeciding on his action/movement.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; July 3rd, 2020 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    To be fair I have seen this happened few times after the recent update. It looks like GW is more likely to stop following group of troops and decide to support Heroes which have lesser weight than the group of troops. I don't like this change. I do adjust my attack now to deploy BK and RC much later to ensure that at least GW support my main troops to the core / TH area.
    Oh this is the first time I've ever seen I happen.I don't think the warden AI was changed I thought the AI was only changed for warden in air mode so that he would follow troops better.This is just like the situation we had before the update with warden on air not following the troops properly.

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by clasher0011 View Post
    Take a look at the video again changed it,the video starts from the hog deployment.the hogs were close enough,I don't think the warden takes the closest target to consideration,the warden is supposed to support the biggest group if they are close enough.
    Has nothing to do with how close the Hogs are to the Warden as their initial target is farther away than the King's target and the Warden is standing within 10 tiles of him so he's going to help the King until that target is down. Once that's done he'll retarget, but by then the Hogs are past his 10 tile vision.

Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

So he's AI is comparable to a wall breaker, they tend to target the closest enclosed building, while GW supports the closest troop that's hitting a building and triggers his default AI that supports the highest amount of housing space in his vicinity.

I'll take note of this.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by clasher0011 View Post
    Oh this is the first time I've ever seen I happen.I don't think the warden AI was changed I thought the AI was only changed for warden in air mode so that he would follow troops better.This is just like the situation we had before the update with warden on air not following the troops properly.
    The thing with Air troops is when they are under Haste spell, their movement speed is around 4 times faster than GW, so for Air GW case, it is more about Air troops abandoning GW than vice versa. So if it happen a lot in the past for air troops, it will be happening a lot more since after recent update he is now starting to abandon ground troops (without rage or haste) to follow Heroes.

Has nothing to do with how close the Hogs are to the Warden as their initial target is farther away than the King's target and the Warden is standing within 10 tiles of him so he's going to help the King until that target is down. Once that's done he'll retarget, but by then the Hogs are past his 10 tile vision.
    No, GW is supporting Heroes, it doesn't matter how close other troops/Heroes are in his range, as long as there is other group of troops with much higher troops space, GW should follow those group of troops.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; July 3rd, 2020 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    No, GW is supporting Heroes, it doesn't matter how close other troops/Heroes are in his range, as long as there is other group of troops with much higher troops space, GW should follow those group of troops.
    Yes that's what I've been trying to say lol.the problem with air troops wasn't just the troops going faster under haste the warden would occasionally drift to the side and not follow the group of troops properly when in air mode.

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    So he's AI is comparable to a wall breaker, they tend to target the closest enclosed building, while GW supports the closest troop that's hitting a building and triggers his default AI that supports the highest amount of housing space in his vicinity.

I'll take note of this.
    No I feel like warden's AI is different from the wallbreakers.the warden is supposed to follow the biggest group and target the buildings which the group is targetting.warden doesn't follow the closest group if a group of troops is close and big enough then the warden is supposed to follow the bigger group instead of the closest one.
    Last edited by clasher0011; July 3rd, 2020 at 10:52 AM.

Hi