Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Returning Player Experience - Restart retired accnts

Centennial Club

Returning Player Experience - Restart retired accnts

I watched a video that if someone didn't open the village for a very long time, his village will get some upgraded buildings by itself.

Is that true or fake?

It is true, after 90 days of inactivity, things will start to upgrade on their own

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    It was announced as an enhanced returning player experience and it has been discussed at length here: link.

Some highlights are:

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The returning experience feature we introduced in this update does require a little extra explanation.

This was indeed a feature we created to help players who have been away for extended periods of time (90 days). The goal is to help them get back into the swing of things. However, I'll try to help dispel any notions that it's as sinister as some make it out to be.

For starters, the returning event only triggers if you've been away for 90 days at a minimum. All you'd need to do to prevent this is simply open the game once every 90 days. Furthermore, even if this event triggers after a 90-day absence, it will not trigger every 90 days. It only happens once per year. So if you do get the returning event once, it will not happen again for a full year.

Second, it will not automatically place buildings that you have not purchased. For example, if you haven't purchased an Eagle Artillery, it will not automatically place one and start upgrading it. Only buildings, traps, and Heroes you have already purchased and placed will be subject to this feature. The game will not buy new items for you.

Additionally, it will not upgrade your Town Hall.

Third, the total value of upgraded items you gain from this is marginally half of around what you'd actually get from regularly emptying your Collectors. You'll always progress faster by simply logging in and doing attacks than relying on this. This is simply just to help those who have been away to feel less far behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    If you log in before 90 days, nothing happens.
    If you log in after 90 days, you will get the event.
    If the event has already occurred and you do not log in for another 90 days, the event will not occur again until 1 year later.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; July 2nd, 2020 at 06:21 PM.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 711 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Centennial Club
    Thanks everyone for this help😊

Pro Member

Returning Player Experience - 5 Day 4X Loot & Training Boost - Restart retired accnts

Any idea how long you need to be inactive to receive the returning player experience or at what town hall level this starts?

I finally setup some old goof offs accounts onto SuperCell ID. Before I could access the accounts I had to go through a cute intro scene. I had to prove to the narrator lady that I was not a goblin by attacking and defeating my own village. Luckily I received a supply of troops that replenished every few seconds.

Once completed I was given an overall of some of the recent game changes and was shown the upgrades that completed while I was gone (which was not correct since it basically showed everything). I was also given, wait for it, a 5 day 4X loot bonus and training boost. Since these were old accounts I did not care about I wasted this awesome bonus. I notices this on TH5 accounts, but not on TH3. Not sure if it was TH or length of inactivity related.

This seems like an awesome time to resurrect some old abandoned accounts. I have a few other old filler accounts I started that I don't know if I ever linked to a google play account. Is there any way to gain access to these accounts, or should I just boot them from clan and forget about them. The accounts probably have a nice supply of medals since they have been in clan we use for CWL, and would be interesting to use if they received the returning player experience.
    Last edited by SirNeoGeo; July 2nd, 2020 at 07:15 PM.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SirNeoGeo View Post
    I was also given, wait for it, a 5 day 4X loot bonus and training boost.
    I think you've confused different topics. Everybody got a 4x loot bonus event. It had nothing to do with the returning player experience that automatically upgrades buildings using the loot cart.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 711 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    I think you've confused different topics. Everybody got a 4x loot bonus event. It had nothing to do with the returning player experience that automatically upgrades buildings using the loot cart.
    This was not related to the event and was before the event started closer to the actual update date. I had a boost timer on the TH for the new boosts.

I did not see the current thread before I posted with the questions. Seems like this answered some of the questions. So it may have even upgraded some of my buildings for me. Darian stated that upgrades will be marginally half of what you would get from just logging on and emptying collectors. This may be even better for folks that just do that since you lose 50% of gold and elixir and 75% of dark to raids.

So the upgrades are based on accumulated loot cart funds? I had asked where it came from in the longer thread on this topic and never saw a response. Darian had mentioned something about the amount spent being less than what you can get from your collectors.

Do we know whether it accounts for actual upgrade time and available (purchased) builders, or does it just happen for a specified number of upgrades within that loot range upon the oxymoronic-sounding inactive activation?

Pro Member
    It was announced as an enhanced returning player experience and it has been discussed at length here: link.

Some highlights are:
    Funny that most of the info on this in a thread about killing engineering and not a thread specific to the change.

Well you do get town hall boost as returning player experience, and a decent Welcome Back offer in shop of 500 gems + some gold for 1 dollar (atleast my TH9 got that).
    Last edited by darpan2704coc; July 2nd, 2020 at 08:11 PM.