Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Correct Head Hunter DPS is approx 550

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    I think those 2 troops are primarily introduced to reduce the Queen charge impact.
    And as a side effect the headhunters single handedly took down Sui Lalo down from a A tier strategy to C or even D tier. Ever tried to Lalo without a Warden? Doesn't work well.

Instead we have the much stronger and less skillful Zap Lalo now.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    And as a side effect the headhunters single handedly took down Sui Lalo down from a A tier strategy to C or even D tier. Ever tried to Lalo without a Warden? Doesn't work well.

Instead we have the much stronger and less skillful Zap Lalo now.
    Obviously without GW Sui Lalo will struggle, that's irrelevant to Head Hunter in the CC. You could have any Dragon in the CC and your Lalo will be single handedly killed by the Dragon too. If you have more spammy troops (eg. Edrags, Bowitch) those HH are weak defensive troops.

I am not sure why or what made you think Zap Lalo is less skillful. For me less skillful is when players are too lazy to change their strategy depending on the situation and need.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Obviously without GW Sui Lalo will struggle, that's irrelevant to Head Hunter in the CC. You could have any Dragon in the CC and your Lalo will be single handedly killed by the Dragon too. If you have more spammy troops (eg. Edrags, Bowitch) those HH are weak defensive troops.

I am not sure why or what made you think Zap Lalo is less skillful. For me less skillful is when players are too lazy to change their strategy depending on the situation and need.
    Dragons are by far not as big as a threat to your Lalo as the headhunter. The Dragon will not fly directly to the Warden, past the lavahounds and loons and kill him within seconds. The Dragon is slower and easier to spot as well. Headhunter can also easily be mistaken for archers. Not many people are using dragons in cc anyways, can't say the same for Headhunters though.

It's just sad when I have to ditch a good Sui Lalo plan just because the defender might have Headhunters in the cc. The risk of losing your Warden early is just too big. Taking the headhunters out with poison, freeze or lightning spells is just not reliable in the middle of the attack.

Should the possibility of one unit in the defensive cc have such a heavy impact on the result of an attack. In my opinion it shouldn't.
    Of course there are ccs that are slightly better against certain strategies. For example Icegolems against Smash, Lavahound against Queencharges, mass archer against edrags, Dragons against Lalo.
    But none of them is such a hardcounter like Headhunter against Sui Lalo.

Zap Lalo is less skillful for multiple reasons. You usually take out the cc, which allows you to use your Heroes at places you couldn't before because it was covered by the cc. Thus it requires less base identification. The Pathing of the Lalo is usually easier because of the hole you created with your lightnings. And you have less spells left you need to drop, so you can fly a slow Lalo. Even players that haven't played a lot of Lalo before do very well with the new zap Lalo.

But don't worry. I'm not just ranting because my base gets destroyed by zap Lalo and I want it gone. I'm heavily abusing this strategy myself in clan war leagues and competitive 5vs5 matches. I'm doing completely fine with the new meta. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    Should the possibility of one unit in the defensive cc have such a heavy impact on the result of an attack.
    i mean ground has this issue more commonly considering half of the troops dont hit air, ive seen plenty of times where a lava hound or a couple ice golems completely ruins a queen walk. ive also seen golems do massive damage to miner and valk teams.witches are also pretty detrimental to some ground attacks.

on the side of "you cant just react to it" you can preemptively plan a poison, look at the range of the castle and use that as a guideline on when you should drop a poison on the castle, that will melt any light troop such as the head hunter. you have already stated how much easier dragons are so it shouldnt be that much of a problem if you waste your poison early to prevent warden from dieing.
    Last edited by CorValerie; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:10 PM.

Warden will trigger his ability when 2 Head Hunters run at him. Even through pre-emptive poison. They still throw a few hits, they have probably the fastest attack speed in the game.
    Last edited by dpgza; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:55 AM.

Forum Veteran
    Yeah .. sui Lalo isn't work without reconsider headhunter at CC
    I'm playing at master 2 last cwl and luckily none of them put headhunter
    Freeze and poison once you saw them

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    A nerf is imminent..
    So too for the inferno dragon and zap.

i upgraded like crazy in prep for cwl..
    Now that I have them, they usually get rendered useless.
    >I am finding the zap useless even in Townhall 7. What is there to be nerfed in that? :-(

>How is Inferno Dragon and HH OP in any way? It may buff the cc, but that's its purpose. it feels useless(at least the Inferno Dragon) to me, on offence. Also it's a Townhall 12 troop. Don't know why everyone expects it to have the stats of a Townhall 8 troop :-)
    Last edited by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:54 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    >I am finding the zap useless even in Townhall 7. What is there to be nerfed in that? :-(

>How is Inferno Dragon and HH OP in any way? It may buff the cc, but that's its purpose. it feels useless(at least the Inferno Dragon) to me, on offence. Also it's a Townhall 12 troop. Don't know why everyone expects it to have the stats of a Townhall 8 troop :-)
    And also the buff to defensive CC is for everyone, if anyone feels like it is OP, they should use the same defensive CC too, perhaps they will start to see both Inferno Drag and HH aren't OP. It is only OP to those who are unprepared for such CC combination.