Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damage radius info of spells

Quote Originally Posted by drekdx View Post
    It's totally wrong to think that 1 tile difference isn't a big deal . Rather it matters for every single spell. For healing spell , just think you have a bowler left and an Tesla remaining as the last defence as well as last building. So your bowler is about to die but he has got a heal spell dropped just 1 tile away from him . So what if he stands just 1 tile outside the heal spell radius and gets hit by the Tesla and gifting you a 99% . That won't be good , right?

Okay let's say you dropped a jump spell at a junction of walls and unfortunately it failed to get the reach of your troops inside a compartment for 1 tile and thus your troop gets busy in breaking the walls for no reason although you have jump spell dropped there. So that can become a major problem to your attack .

What if the defensive Cc troops get out of the poison effect area of poison spell and thus resulting in being normal instead of getting intoxicated?

And if you see earthquake spell , you can fail to open up another closed compartment for 1 tile of the radius doesn't reach the edge of the walls.

And ask the loonians what happens when loons aren't hastened just for 1 tile , which can affect the entire attack causing you loons to die early before they can take out their nearest defences and make throw backs to their damages.
    For heal: you can't really predict exactly where you drop your heal. Traps and teslas will change where you may or may not drop heals. You aren't gonna have time to measure out the tiles before you drop your heal during an attack.

Jump: I already said this would be good for jumps.

Poison: You can't know exactly where you will fight the cc. Therefore, you won't know exactly where to drop the poison. And like heal, you won't have time to measure it out. You kinda just get a feel for it.

EQ: same as mump.

Haste: You can't predict where teslas will pop up, and maybe you loons don't go the way you expect it to, so you don't know where exactly you need to drop your haste

The only spells which you can plan before an attack is freeze and zap. Plus jump and EQ.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by drekdx View Post
    It's totally wrong to think that 1 tile difference isn't a big deal . Rather it matters for every single spell. For healing spell , just think you have a bowler left and an Tesla remaining as the last defence as well as last building. So your bowler is about to die but he has got a heal spell dropped just 1 tile away from him . So what if he stands just 1 tile outside the heal spell radius and gets hit by the Tesla and gifting you a 99% . That won't be good , right?

Okay let's say you dropped a jump spell at a junction of walls and unfortunately it failed to get the reach of your troops inside a compartment for 1 tile and thus your troop gets busy in breaking the walls for no reason although you have jump spell dropped there. So that can become a major problem to your attack .

What if the defensive Cc troops get out of the poison effect area of poison spell and thus resulting in being normal instead of getting intoxicated?

And if you see earthquake spell , you can fail to open up another closed compartment for 1 tile of the radius doesn't reach the edge of the walls.

And ask the loonians what happens when loons aren't hastened just for 1 tile , which can affect the entire attack causing you loons to die early before they can take out their nearest defences and make throw backs to their damages.
    Knowing this information won’t make any real difference unless you play CoC on a huge pad with a stylus. There are 2025 individual grids on the home village. I have a big pad. It is next to impossible to place a troop/spell on the exact same square twice in row. Finger size prevents accuracy. That’s also why radius doesn’t really mean anything either as not a single spell operates using a true radius. It’s just a bunch of grids in a group.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:02 PM.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonster123123 View Post
    For heal: you can't really predict exactly where you drop your heal. Traps and teslas will change where you may or may not drop heals. You aren't gonna have time to measure out the tiles before you drop your heal during an attack.

Haste: You can't predict where teslas will pop up, and maybe you loons don't go the way you expect it to, so you don't know where exactly you need to drop your haste

The only spells which you can plan before an attack is freeze and zap. Plus jump and EQ.
    Disagree.

Heal for hogs, I decide exactly where they will go before starting. I want to make sure many hogs are in the heal radius while pounding on defences while exposed to splash defences.

Heal for bowlers from the WW in the centre battle, similarly I am careful to put the bowlers at the back edge of the heal.

Haste is actually more important because it is so small. Balloon power depends on them passing through even the edge of the spell. The haste effect lasts a bit after exiting the spell area.

Spell area is important, and careful placement makes the difference between 3 stars and 1 star, heal-hogs and hastes-balloons.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    Knowing this information won’t make any real difference unless you play CoC on a huge pad with a stylus. There are 2025 individual grids on the home village. I have a big pad. It is next to impossible to place a troop/spell on the exact same square twice in row. Finger size prevents accuracy. That’s also why radius doesn’t really mean anything either as not a single spell operates using a true radius. It’s just a bunch of grids in a group.
    Playing with a large pad and a stylis, yes, is pretty important. After TH5, CoC is no good to play seriously on a phone.

Multiple fingers for simultaneous spread placement of troops, both hands, and the stylus with zoom for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Disagree.

Heal for hogs, I decide exactly where they will go before starting. I want to make sure many hogs are in the heal radius while pounding on defences while exposed to splash defences.

Heal for bowlers from the WW in the centre battle, similarly I am careful to put the bowlers at the back edge of the heal.

Haste is actually more important because it is so small. Balloon power depends on them passing through even the edge of the spell. The haste effect lasts a bit after exiting the spell area.

Spell area is important, and careful placement makes the difference between 3 stars and 1 star, heal-hogs and hastes-balloons.
    I disagree with your disagreement. While you can plan where you are going to place your heals/hastes, you cannot know. You can't predict that the exact pathing. Things like teslas can mess up pathing. Traps like giant bombs/red air bombs can change where you deploy your heal.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonster123123 View Post
    I disagree with your disagreement. While you can plan where you are going to place your heals/hastes, you cannot know. You can't predict that the exact pathing. Things like teslas can mess up pathing. Traps like giant bombs/red air bombs can change where you deploy your heal.
    yeah funny.

With lavaloonion, not only can you plan, you must plan.

HT placements are usually easily and reliably predicted, and unexpected exterior HTs in the paths of balloons is to the advantage of the attacker.

Yes, with balloons and hounds, you can predict EXACT pathing. The screwie pathing algorithm seems to just affect ground troops.

Balloons should be spread, to minimise air bomb damage risk, but also need to be a bit clumpy to take advantage of the first row of pre-place hastes.

On hogs, a good base to use hogs on is a compact base, and in a compact base you can see the very likely GBombs and HTs. You place the heals over them, but in such a way that the heal covers a good number of defence buildings so that the hogs will be in the heal for most of its duration. This means placing the heal to cover more buildings, which means youíve got to know itís diameter.

yeah funny.

HT placements are usually easily and reliably predicted, and unexpected exterior HTs in the paths of balloons is to the advantage of the attacker.

Yes, with balloons and hounds, you can predict EXACT pathing. The screwie pathing algorithm seems to just affect ground troops.

Balloons should be spread, to minimise air bomb damage risk, but also need to be a bit clumpy to take advantage of the first row of pre-place hastes.

On hogs, a good base to use hogs on is a compact base, and in a compact base you can see the very likely GBombs and HTs. You place the heals over them, but in such a way that the heal covers a good number of defence buildings so that the hogs will be in the heal for most of its duration. This means placing the heal to cover more buildings, which means you’ve got to know it’s diameter.
    Getting a bit far afield here, but you, your both hands, stylus, your exact planning, are probably in the 1 percenter group in this game. I agree that the more info available in game the better. But your examples, in my unsubstantiated opinion other than what I see in my clan and in this forums, are not what most of us do.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

yeah funny.

On hogs, a good base to use hogs on is a compact base, and in a compact base you can see the very likely GBombs and HTs. You place the heals over them, but in such a way that the heal covers a good number of defence buildings so that the hogs will be in the heal for most of its duration. This means placing the heal to cover more buildings, which means you’ve got to know it’s diameter.
    I never said that you don't plan. I said that there is always the possibility that you loons can get screwed up. I also never said that you should clump your loons in deployment. I just said that something unexpected can happen.

The only thing you can know for sure is what you want to freeze in attacks like drag bat, what you want to zap exactly, and which compartments you want to open.

But I still understand what you are saying: one tile can make a difference. I'm just saying that heal and haste deployments aren't set in stone.

However, I feel like we're going off topic here. I'm just going to make is clear that I am neither for nor against this idea. I just don't really care too much if it exists.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Getting a bit far afield here, but you, your both hands, stylus, your exact planning, are probably in the 1 percenter group in this game. I agree that the more info available in game the better. But your examples, in my unsubstantiated opinion other than what I see in my clan and in this forums, are not what most of us do.
    Possibly, but it goes to my point about Lavaloonion. It is very powerful, but under used. Upcoming players, including me in the past, are hesitant to give up on Rage in favour of Haste. Understanding, of the decreased radius, but half the space, is nended. Also, haste is not used like rage. Haste is for getting the balloons moving elsewhere, and they only need to touch a haste boundary. Haste, unlike rage, is not for covering the anticipated battle point.

Balloonion I think needs the most precise planning of any attack.

A little bit more information, spell radii, would help.

Forum Superstar

Balloonion I think needs the most precise planning of any attack.

A little bit more information, spell radii, would help.

And lets not forget the most massively frustrating thing with this planning, finding the camouflaged air sweepers.

Spell radii on the spell info tab yes please, but donít let it distract you from animating the sweepers.