Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Valley] 15 Diamonds for 20 Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    I'd like to know if it was a decision not to decrease the price of fuel if you wait or if it's accidental & would be fixed if they knew?
    The early behaviour must be a bug, now fixed. It is one of those that players don't even recognise it as bug (in their favor) and mistakenly took it for nominal feature.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 147♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    The early behaviour must be a bug, now fixed. It is one of those that players don't even recognise it as bug (in their favor) and mistakenly took it for nominal feature.
    Oh Meo. You dear girl. You are far more generous than I am. I do not believe for one instant it was a bug. I think it was a feature but it has been modified to generate more income. The thing is: it doesnít bother me. We had it for several cycles. Iím guessing it was a loss leader kind of thing right. Then the company realised it wasnít the money generator they thought it would be and they adjusted. It makes sense. Companies with tangible goods do it all the time.

Now the thing with the multiple scrolls and the optional update: that bothers me. The way it was done shows a lack of regard and respect for the player; and I never got more than one scroll at any time so it doesnít affect me directly.

Anyway, Iím going over to my little corner to remind myself to just get over it. SC is going about its business as usual and so will I just with a little less goodwill for SC than I had before today.

I’ve been tracking Valley fuel spins over the 2-1/2 seasons. Anyone who thinks the spins are biased towards the lower end might be right. “Six” spins average 26%, “Seven” spins average 31%, so lower ranges together total 57%. “Eight” spins averaged 24% while “Nine” spins average 19%, so higher ranges total 43%. This was tabulated over 205 spins, and this bias (esp. the much lower rate of “Nines”) was consistently observed every season, including the current one.

Now, you didn’t really think Hay Day would honestly have random spins, did you? ��
    Last edited by Merry230; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:39 AM.

I got that 15 for 20 offer. ...while maxed out at 99

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    What Iíve noticed, Meo, is that theyíve moved all the fuel pumps away from the ďmain roadsĒ* so that to get to them you have to make a decision to spend fuel and risk not getting any. For that reason alone I have and will continue to ignore them completely this season and every season that this remains the case. As you say, there are days I donít collect sun points because the tasks are just too difficult or inconvenient. So Iím not wasting one drop of saved fuel to drive to a station that has overwhelmingly in my game asked for 3 diamonds for 3 fuel. Nope. Not happening.

*By main road I mean that you canít drive by a station on your way to a building. It always requires a detour. At least all the ones I see in my part of the Valley this season obey this law. They started it last season but there were a couple left. Not this time.
    Likewise, I am ignoring them this season. My sun tasks are mostly difficult too so I am just doing what I can. A pity but there it is🤔

Farm Level 185. Town 57. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBzooty View Post
    I got that 15 for 20 offer. ...while maxed out at 99
    You could have bought it; it would have added to your fuel count. At the moment I have 105 fuel because I bought some at a fuel station (I did that as an experiment, so I could reply to your comment)

It's another of those odd scenarios rather like in fishing, where you can't collect from nets if your barn is full, but you can fish with lures.

Hay Day level 187 (main farm) - I have seven others!

TL ; DR: diamond cost is not supposed to decrease over time if it were to pay for the product such as fuel or any missing ressource. Diamond cost will decrease over time when it behaves like a "fast-pass" to skip the time, less time left = less diamond.

Example: When you pay for the time left waiting for your next boat, the cost decreases proportionnaly when there are less time left.
    When you pay to get missing ressource to fill your boat crate, the cost does not.

------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    Oh Meo. You dear girl. You are far more generous than I am. I do not believe for one instant it was a bug. I think it was a feature but it has been modified to generate more income. The thing is: it doesn’t bother me. We had it for several cycles. I’m guessing it was a loss leader kind of thing right. Then the company realised it wasn’t the money generator they thought it would be and they adjusted. It makes sense. Companies with tangible goods do it all the time.
    When I saw that the diamond cost decreased, I felt it was wrong somehow but couldn't tell how or why. It took me a while to understand why I felt that way.

In this game of time and ressource management, players put in the time to get the ressource. Diamond is a "fast pass" to skip the time, we see this in various places of the game such as call a boat early, instantly finish a blanket, get the lobster out of the pool... . In these situations,what happens if I don't spend the diamond to speed up? As time goes by, the minutes are less, the diamond cost decreases linearly, and in the end, when no time is left, I get the expected outcome (product avaialble to me) for free. The diamond cost is the price for the TIME, not the product itself.

Now in other places, I can see the game offer me to buy the missing ressources (while filling a boat crate or truck order) with diamond. Each item has its own diamond value that stays consistent anywhere in the game, whether it is for filling a town order, a truck order, a boat order or to queue product in a machine. The diamond cost is priced differently than when it was to buy time, the cost takes into account its ingredients cost and the time needed to get the same product if no diamonds were used. What happens if I don't spend the diamond? I won't get the product, no matter how much time has passed. The diamond price is still the same today, tomorrow, and every day after tomorrow. The diamond cost is a price for the PRODUCT, not the time.

Furthermore, if I were to design the game, the whole balance of the Valley would rely on how many fuel player can get to gather tokens then use them in the shop to their heart's desire. The token offers and the prices of item in shop must be in line with the whole scheme, for example I would consider that an average player should be able to buy A items in the shop thus earning B tokens after making C fuel from D spins, given that player plays normally everyday during the season.

Offering way to many fuel, on purpose, would break this balance right away: too many fuel, wallet full, cannot do new order, cannot complete daily quest, cannot reach new chests. There are reports of such cases during trial season and Sanctuary theme Valley.

Because of these reasons, I cannot believe that this was not a bug in the first place. It it were a deliberate well informed decision, players might be happy at first, but in the long term, such decision will hurt the game even more. Very bad decision, especially that the additional spin costs 5 diamonds. We would see here a case where one offer "cannibalises" another offer. Is it reasonable to do so?
    Last edited by meonhoc; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:23 PM. Reason: Add TL ; DR summary
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 147♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Everything you said makes perfect sense and you have certainly just convinced me that it was a bad idea (on the supply side). But those two things donít tell me that it was a glitch. It tells me that it was a bad decision - just like you posited. And I think that SC realised it and fixed the problem. And I think that SC should hire you and pay you lots of money to analyse the effects of proposed new features. And that they should pay me a finders fee. 😉😁
    Last edited by BostonGirl; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:04 PM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    I disagree with it being a bug from the start because the cost decrement with the time just like everything else in the game.
    Boats cost less diamonds to get early as the time goes down,
    Items in a production machine cost decrement as time of completion nears,
    As serving time for town visitor decreases so does cost to make finish early,
    Derby tasks reappear 30 min after one gets trashed. As that time counts down the cost of getting a new task early goes down as well.
    So I really believe the fuel station was working as designed.
    I think that it was cut off because players were getting too much fuel, thus many tokens and buying up the prizes. It seemed to me they first tried cutting way back on the 10 and 20 amounts of fuel but was not satisfied so they just kept the cost at maximum. I am surprised the station gives free fuel once in a great while, but 3 or 4 free fuel does not help much.

Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    Boats cost less diamonds to get early as the time goes down,
    Items in a production machine cost decrement as time of completion nears
    Yes you said it yourself. Time. Spending diamonds prevents you from waiting till the boat arrives or the product is ready.
    But, for example, if you try to fill a boat crate asking for a smoothie, and you don't have any smoothies, then what does the game say?
    A window pops up asking you if you want to spend diamonds to fill the crate anyway. Does the diamond amount lower if you don't close that popup window? No, it stays the same.

It's the same with the fuel. Diamond amount shouldn't get lower with time when it comes to fuel, but it did for a season or two.

The way it worked might've been a bug or an accident or even someone at SC trying something. But it's not how everything else in Hay Day works.