Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Shadow Spirit : Spook those defenses away with this Brand new Troop Idea!!!!

Millennial Club

The Shadow Spirit : Spook those defenses away with this Brand new Troop Idea!!!!

Hey everyone!
    I'm backk again with a brand new troop idea to the game!! I'm thinking of keeping it a Dark Elixir troop, but we can make changes to that part later as well...

So behold the Brand new Troop!!

The Shadow Spirit:

* P.S: This image is copied from Disney Pixar's new Movie Soul xD

"As cute and bubbly as he may seem, the Shadow Spirit has quite some work to do, going to the Spirit Realm, coming back, making future predictions and what not... His job on the battlefield however is quite simple, to walk through walls bring back only a maximum housing space of troops, but with a little less POW in them. Now that's just nice!"

SO in simple terms, the Shadow Spirit is a ground troop, which only has the purpose of reviving a max. housing space of troops like the Clone but the revived troop will be smaller, having less HP and weaker in terms of DPS as well...
    Not just that, suppose the troop revived is a Lava Hound, Golem or Yeti, the number of Yetimites, Golemites or Pups spawned will also be lesser than usual, cause c'mon logically it's a smaller weaker troop, it can't give bigger! But yeah it's just for the balancing part of it...
    And yes, Heroes cannot be revived in the battle (they already have a special ability to regain health)
    The way revival works is by the Shadow Spirit walking up to the place where the required troop got defeated, and then just go whoosh into it!

Like the Clone Spell, it can only revive a max Housing Space of troops maybe 30-ish at the max Level but they'll have less hitpoints and damage (and size). The way the revival itself works is simple...

Mechanics:
    Suppose at Level 1, the Shadow Spirit can only revive 15/16 Housing Space of troops...

1. It will go to the nearest tombstone, but of highest housing space/ "dead" troop density like the Eagle Artillery targetting the highest troop density.
    2. Troops with higher individual housing space are more likely to be revived, like the Clone; just how 1 Dragon gets cloned rather than 20 Barbarians in the same space... So even if there are 3 Giants dead in one place, but a Giant and a Valk dead in a "Nearby space", the Valk will be healed.
    3. It cannot deal damage on its own, like the Healer. It needs "tombstones" to function, otherwise it'll just stand where it's spawned like a Healer without any troops. But it can be targetted by enemy troops and defenses like the Healer. Like the Healer it cannot help defensively in a Clan Castle but may revive other troops in the CC that get defeated...
    4. But if living troops are in the battlefield, the Shadow Spirit will try to follow them in order to revive them as quickly as possible just in case...
    5. The Rage Spell has interesting effects on it, it may not deal any damage, and apart from its movement speed increasing, the revived HP, and DPS of the troops will increase, just like how the Healer heals more under a Rage Spell. Perhaps, the Revived Troop instead of having 80% Original Stats can have around 100-120% of its orginal stats in the influence of a Rage Spell!
    6. The Shadow Spirit will also trigger traps like a Healer, a tiny Spring Trap (Level 4+) can send one of them flying away!!
    7. Jump Spells won't affect them xD. It's like doing it on a Hog Rider or Wall Breaker... Or a Headhunter.
    8. IF troops are revived and then Cloned, the Revived-Clones will have the same HP and damage as the revived troops, not full stats and only last for a short time...
    9. Do note that, Troops can be revived only and only once! This means revived troops cannot be revived again if defeated!
    10. Heroes if defeated in battle cannot be revived using the Shadow Spirit
    11. Since the Shadow Spirit jumps into a troop/bunch of troops to revive them, it can't logically get a tombstone unless it's shot down before it makes to the troops in time...
    12. The Shadow Spirit, jumps into a dead troop/tombstone just like how Ice/Fire/Heal Spirits run into something in Clash Royale

And also as mentioned, it can walk through walls cause it's a Spirit xD, but it can still be targetted and isn't invisible or anything...

Stats at Max Level:
    1. Hitpoints - 540 (just a random number, preferably around 500-600)
    2. Revived HP - 75 to 80%
    3. Revived DPS - 75 to 80%
    4. Revival Capacity - 33-36
    5. Housing Space - something like 16
    6. Movement Speed - 24-28
    7. Targets - Ground and Air (Area Splash)
    8. Training Cost - 100 Dark Elixir/6000 Elixir
    9. Revival Time: This is the time taken for the Spirit to jump into the tombstone[dead troop] (1.5sec to 2sec)
    10. Spawn Capacity - 80% the number of troops spawned, (this means 1 Golemite, or 80% of the total number of Lava Pups, Yetmites...)
    11. Unlocked in : Anywhere from TH11+?
    (maybe comes as an extra troop unlocked with the Electro Dragon/Ice Golem like how Spell Factory Level 4 gives away 2 Spells for free)

Offensive Strategy:
    He's probably best used like Wall Breakers where you send 3-4 of them together to blast a wall, the same way it's better you more than one of them at once, as they are quite fragile and can easily die to splash damage or so.
    They may prove to be quite handy on larger troops like the Electro Dragon, PEKKA, Witches, Valkyries and Bowlers, by reviving a major bunch of them that die and keep the fight a little longer!

Defensive Strategies:
    He's quite small and fragile, shouldn't be that big a menace xD.

Shadow Spirit vs Clone:
    There are few differences between them if you thought they were the same!
    • While the Clone can clone living troops (or revived troops), the Shadow Spirit can only bring back tombstones!
    • Clone Spells bring back the full HP and DPS and the Cloned Troops last for a limited duration.
    • Clone Spells can be deployed anywhere on the battlefield unlike the Shadow Spirit.

Why not a Revival Spell instead?
    Well, though a Revival Spell may also seem equally good to do, for a game like CoC, having the ability to deploy a spell from above, makes it fairly too easy to gain control of whatever you want, but rather having it built into a troop and getting it to revive your troops, is something that requires more skill and practice to play with, rather than effortlessly deploying a spell from up above...

I intend that by making it a troop, it avoids on unbalancing/less attack skill issues, and instead continues to promote healthy attacking, and developing the basic strategies such as Funneling which should not be affected.

Yet to decide:
    1. If a Witch is revived, will she spawn lesser skeletons, hmm?
    2. Whether the troop is an elixir/DE Troop...
    3. Housing Space could be made higher to balance
    4. To be added...

Thanks guys hope you liked it!
    Post any questions or anything else you like!!

Stay Safe!
    KPK
    Last edited by Ideabulb; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:23 AM.
    Things left to do on my Bucket List:
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

Blow yourself away by reading my brand new idea - The Shadow Spirit!

Nice idea! Could change the way some attacks like lalo are used (you can take this troop instead of an extra hound). I think the housing space would need to be around 20 for this to work.
    Also, please don't use "lesser." It's not a word.

Banned
    If I were to answer the trivia: 1. The Witch would probably spawn 2 skeletons at a time instead of 4. 2. I would put it as a DE troop.
    3. It is a really good idea, but one question, how will it do under a rage spell? Would it move faster, revive more, or revive faster?

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppaShrek View Post
    If I were to answer the trivia: 1. The Witch would probably spawn 2 skeletons at a time instead of 4. 2. I would put it as a DE troop.
    3. It is a really good idea, but one question, how will it do under a rage spell? Would it move faster, revive more, or revive faster?
    Yeah I've mentioned Rage Spell Effects under the mechanics pal
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideabulb View Post
    Yeah I've mentioned Rage Spell Effects under the mechanics pal
    Sorry I didn't see. LOL
    Last edited by PeppaShrek; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:03 PM.

Millennial Club
    I can see that a lot of time went into this.
    Nice troop idea👍
    Last edited by LostInSpace; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:19 PM.

I actually like this. This is a troop that will change the meta for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonster123123 View Post
    Nice idea! Could change the way some attacks like lalo are used (you can take this troop instead of an extra hound). I think the housing space would need to be around 20 for this to work.
    Also, please don't use "lesser." It's not a word.
    Lesser is a word. It just isn’t used correctly in this context. Less or fewer would have been more appropriate depending on the context. Personally, I don’t care. Not everyone who posts here uses English as their primary language, and people who only speak English sometimes have a less than firm grasp on its usage. Just nitpicking the nitpick.

Same when someone types barrack instead of barracks. Who cares? You know what they mean.

I think it’s a cool idea. It’s a revival spell in the form of a troop.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Lesser is a word. It just isn’t used correctly in this context. Less or fewer would have been more appropriate depending on the context. Personally, I don’t care. Not everyone who posts here uses English as their primary language, and people who only speak English sometimes have a less than firm grasp on its usage. Just nitpicking the nitpick.

Same when someone types barrack instead of barracks. Who cares? You know what they mean.

I think they were trying to be funny, but you can't read sarcasm in the written medium. Next time use emojis! 😂

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post

It's not that I'm bad in English ����, but I have a tendency of making syntactical or grammatical errors at times my bad sorry lol