Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Limited stuff to upgrade in summer update

Centennial Club
    I think someone should start two posts:

When is next update?
    What will be in the next update?

I am just kidding. Please give SC a break and enjoy what we have

Forum Veteran
    Likely new AT
    Additional wall
    +5 level for RC
    2 super troops
    QoL
    Expected for the next update

Just my opinion

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    I never said not to use them, and Iím not telling you how to play the game, do what you will, but you had 5 wiz towers, 7 cannons, a spring trap to do on defence. So to be done now you would have had to have used a lot of books and hammers of building just on them, almost impossible IĎm thinking without gemming some of them?

Then on top of that you just got 50 more pieces of walls, and 10 more levels of heros and 2 dark barracks to do.

Plus on top of all that, you have your lab work, with 2 levels of headhunters, lava hound, golem, baby drag, and then the lightning and clone spells......

what else did I miss?

so my point is, if you are maxed out already my friend, it is your own doing, itís not SCís fault because I have enough to do to last me for a couple of months or more.
    There doesnít have to be a whole lot of gemming involved to have such progress if a player has been maxed a while, prepared for the update and bought a round of hammers a week before and possibly even is a gold pass player.

I will share where I am currently at with my game after the update.
    Royals: My AQ is 75 and BK is 74.
    Dark barracks: finished.
    Defenses: I have 4 cannons left to start and 1 more spring trap level
    Lab: I did a good chunk of that but also a bit to go. Whatís left are Golem and hound, clone spell and the siege machines although 1 of them is researching as we speak.
    Walls: 24 left

I must stipulate I do buy the gold pass every month.
    So when the update dropped I had a full set of magic items in storage. Bought a set of hammers in advance so I could use 2 of each if I wanted to on update day. Had the gold pass challenges all completed so all the books and potions of the month of June were up for grabs. Add on top of that that clan games recently finished and weíve had a few events giving a book of building..

Ive spent a grand total of 584 gems. 500 gems to buy a book of heroes from the trader once and today 84 gems to finish the last few hours on a BK upgrade which allowed me to dump my DE from the season bank on my BK and throw a book at the upgrade. I had started that BK upgrade last night on the last day of the old gold pass and threw a bunch of builder potions at it. This allowed for BK to be upgraded fast and a couple of defenses to finish so I had a builder for that season bank loot this morning.

So between all the magic items I had or bought with medals and got from events and clan games and were in season pass Iíve burnt through this update pretty quickly too so far. And not a whole lot of gems spent, theyíre easy to save at this stage.

Nope Iím not complaining itís my choosing.
    I certainly agree with your sentiments and that the update had enough content. Like 2222 also said it must remain possible for players to catch up even if they donít play at that pace. It would be very frustrating if SC knocks out updates faster then we can upgrade and seeing that stage of being maxed run away from you further and further in the distance.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Thing is...you/we make a choice to knock things out more quickly. A normal player will take a while to get all the upgrades in an update done. I picked up a couple extra Books of Heroes so my AW and BK would not be out of service, spent some gems, and ran through some BoF/BoS on my lab. I just have a few Cannons and walls left on the game grid and a couple troops I don’t use.

So...it’s not that the release was short on things to do, so much as some of us choose to knock things out at an accelerated rate beyond the bulk of the playerbase. Honestly, they could have doubled or more the content and I would still have it done well before the next update released.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Forum Legend
    I had a few books and hammers ready to go and got a jump on the upgrade too.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    There doesn’t have to be a whole lot of gemming involved to have such progress if a player has been maxed a while, prepared for the update and bought a round of hammers a week before and possibly even is a gold pass player.

I will share where I am currently at with my game after the update.
    Royals: My AQ is 75 and BK is 74.
    Dark barracks: finished.
    Defenses: I have 4 cannons left to start and 1 more spring trap level
    Lab: I did a good chunk of that but also a bit to go. What’s left are Golem and hound, clone spell and the siege machines although 1 of them is researching as we speak.
    Walls: 24 left

I must stipulate I do buy the gold pass every month.
    So when the update dropped I had a full set of magic items in storage. Bought a set of hammers in advance so I could use 2 of each if I wanted to on update day. Had the gold pass challenges all completed so all the books and potions of the month of June were up for grabs. Add on top of that that clan games recently finished and we’ve had a few events giving a book of building..

Ive spent a grand total of 584 gems. 500 gems to buy a book of heroes from the trader once and today 84 gems to finish the last few hours on a BK upgrade which allowed me to dump my DE from the season bank on my BK and throw a book at the upgrade. I had started that BK upgrade last night on the last day of the old gold pass and threw a bunch of builder potions at it. This allowed for BK to be upgraded fast and a couple of defenses to finish so I had a builder for that season bank loot this morning.

So between all the magic items I had or bought with medals and got from events and clan games and were in season pass I’ve burnt through this update pretty quickly too so far. And not a whole lot of gems spent, they’re easy to save at this stage.

Nope I’m not complaining it’s my choosing.
    I certainly agree with your sentiments and that the update had enough content. Like 2222 also said it must remain possible for players to catch up even if they don’t play at that pace. It would be very frustrating if SC knocks out updates faster then we can upgrade and seeing that stage of being maxed run away from you further and further in the distance.

yup, I’m not against using gems or blowing thru the updates, I do it myself, my only point is, if we are going to go hard on an update with books, hammers and gems and stuff then we shouldn’t complain when there is nothing to do.......... because I think the amount of work to do with this update is just right before the Christmas update to come..... or maybe there will be a fall teaser? right Darian?

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    yup, Iím not against using gems or blowing thru the updates, I do it myself, my only point is, if we are going to go hard on an update with books, hammers and gems and stuff then we shouldnít complain when there is nothing to do.......... because I think the amount of work to do with this update is just right before the Christmas update to come..... or maybe there will be a fall teaser? right Darian?
    Indeed, thatís why I said I do completely agree with your point there.

Hahaha didnít they say something a while back about quarterly updates, canít quite remember the context..

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

On my main account i am not that far away, queen done in an hour, king is 72 and all wizards under construction - no gems spent.

What i do when i get bored by the game is creating new account (have 5 of those now - 3 of them th13s)
    The only thing that makes me unhappy is the amount of attacks we have to do to complete an event.
    This number seems to grow all the time:
    when events were introduced we had to do just 3 attacks to finish them (2017)
    then it jumped to 6 and to 8 attacks (2018)
    then we started to see 10 attacks events and soon after 12 attacks events (2019)
    now we have to complete 13-15 attacks events....

while its nice to get free staff, i do see a bit of controversy between content released that on one hand pushes you to create more accounts but on the other hand the events require more and more time until the point where you have to decide which account will get the rewards and which account to abandon.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    On my main account i am not that far away, queen done in an hour, king is 72 and all wizards under construction - no gems spent.

What i do when i get bored by the game is creating new account (have 5 of those now - 3 of them th13s)
    The only thing that makes me unhappy is the amount of attacks we have to do to complete an event.
    This number seems to grow all the time:
    when events were introduced we had to do just 3 attacks to finish them (2017)
    then it jumped to 6 and to 8 attacks (2018)
    then we started to see 10 attacks events and soon after 12 attacks events (2019)
    now we have to complete 13-15 attacks events....

while its nice to get free staff, i do see a bit of controversy between content released that on one hand pushes you to create more accounts but on the other hand the events require more and more time until the point where you have to decide which account will get the rewards and which account to abandon.
    I know which account
    Maxed bases before update (5) (war and league only)

Rushed bases (3) just air with max gw and rc
    Up both king and queen whenever de is available
    Just farm daily star and do some war
    Didn't max CG anymore .. very casual

Watching some YouTube content really help me become a better player (ground n air)
    Last edited by Alishr99; 1 Week Ago at 09:19 AM.