Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Buy backs for accidentally sold items.

Fresh Spawn

Buy backs for accidentally sold items.

Selling the Book of Heroes you just got at the end of the silver/gold challenge pass on accident is no fun. The limit of books you may have is one, unless purchased with cash. Unfortunately, even if you do purchase one with cash, you still may not hold another one.
    I ran into this problem when I went to collect my hero book and was prompted to sell it, and accidentally did. I sold it for 50 gems... I would have spent 200+ to get it back, considering I often spend 500 in game for them.

My solution to this is either allow players to hold more hero books(not my preferred solution), or allow players to buy back accidentally sold items for the same price which they were sold, or even at a slightly inflated rate.
    The solution if holding more books is not great because if players stockpile books, then matchmake a classic war, further using several books when a "match" is found, they will then carry much more weight than in the initial matchmaking. I still believe that is not good enough reason to not allow players to carry at least 2 books, and I am sure there are other reasons, but the second solution to the before stated problem works around being able to hold multiple books for long periods of time.
    Buying back sold items can have a time limit. If a player truly accidentally sells an item, then the player will likely want to buy it back instantly. Simply place an hour, day, or week time limit on buy backs before the item is sold for good. Players are crafty and may find ways to use this to their own benefit, but at least it mitigates the risks of being able to permanently hold multiple of the same book.

Sorry for ranting.

Alex.

Sounds like a lot of developer time to "fix" something that is very minuscule problem (I don't even like calling it a "problem", because really it's not). They'd have to implement an entire timer & buyback system just for the small amount of players who accidentally sell an item. Think about how many MILLIONS of items get sold by the MILLIONS of players. Your idea would require a timer to run for every single one of those sold items, just in case someone had sold it accidentally.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Sounds like a lot of developer time to "fix" something that is very minuscule problem (I don't even like calling it a "problem", because really it's not). They'd have to implement an entire timer & buyback system just for the small amount of players who accidentally sell an item. Think about how many MILLIONS of items get sold by the MILLIONS of players. Your idea would require a timer to run for every single one of those sold items, just in case someone had sold it accidentally.
    Not just that, it'd be abused. If I can't hold a hero book and I really want it, what would prevent me from selling the one I got for free, using the one I have after I've accumulated enough resources for it to be necessary, then buying back the one I "accidentally" sold.

Supercell has stated many times that they do not want players hoarding magic items. If you have one, it needs to be used before you can acquire another one. If you can't hold it, your only option is to sell it. I don't see them ever allowing you to buy them back at a substantially reduced price.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 711 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

So you want SC to fix your problems for you? It takes two, sometimes three clicks to sell a magic item. If you sold it, then that's your problem.

Fresh Spawn
    Only takes one click from the season pass rewards, and the user is prompted in green for "selling." Its one prompt and there goes your book of heroes. Every other item on the track I could not care much less about, but one click and poof its gone.
    Like I said, borderlands has done it very easily. The item goes straight to the merchant and you can buy it back. In bordeands if you portal then it disappears. Similarly for CoC, If you shut the game down, restart the game, switch accounts, it disappears.
    I still dont see difference in using a hero book in order to obtain one from trader or pass versus using a hero book in order to buy one back from the shop. You dont actually have to put a timer on it. If you want to buy one from trader, you have a full day, in theory. If you want to collect from season pass, you have the rest of the season. This is an even smaller amount of time, generally speaking.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonster123123 View Post
    So you want SC to fix your problems for you? It takes two, sometimes three clicks to sell a magic item. If you sold it, then that's your problem.
    Someone had a problem with not being able to move obstacles, and supercell implemented a solution. The prompt for pass rewards is in green. Ive been playing since they implemented the pass and had never accidentally sold a book, but I just did. It was much easier than I figure it should be, so I also figure many other players run into the same issue. If I believed it was just my problem, I would not have posted this.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Alr7q View Post
    Someone had a problem with not being able to move obstacles, and supercell implemented a solution. The prompt for pass rewards is in green. Ive been playing since they implemented the pass and had never accidentally sold a book, but I just did. It was much easier than I figure it should be, so I also figure many other players run into the same issue. If I believed it was just my problem, I would not have posted this.
    So, to sum up:

Because you button bash through the confirmation process, everyone who copes with the current setup gets an extra hoop to jump through?

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    So, to sum up:

Because you button bash through the confirmation process, everyone who copes with the current setup gets an extra hoop to jump through?
    In theory, the sold item would go to the shop and a buy back tab would open up for the remainder of you being online. Where is the extra hoop? It is also not exploitable because you can already use the book you have before buying from trader or collecting from season pass. Selling the book, then collecting the other book makes it so you are required to use your current book before you can buy the other one back.
    Also if you consider one click button bashing then sure, it happened to me once. Big oof, but I am not complaining or asking for the book back. I am offering up a viable solution to a common problem. Those coping with the current situation will not see the "buy back" tab in shop if they never "button bash" at all.
    I would love to hear a legitimate argument as to how this can be exploited. The only way I see this being exploited at all is if players keep their games on 24/7, in which case, he "buy back" tab could be set to disappear in an hour. It is virtually unexploitable and unaffecting to the game in its current state.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    I have a solution you may not like: Take a moment to ensure you have space before collecting a magic item. If you don’t, make arrangements to use the existing one, or sell it before collecting the next one.

Just yesterday, I completed a season pass challenge or two that unlocked A few tiers and collected the BoB among other items from the gold track. Shortly after, I completed the town hall event and oops, I didn’t have room, so I used the one I had, then I collected the other. Problem solved. If I didn’t have something already upgrading or had no loot to start an upgrade, I probably would have sold the first one I accidentally on purpose collected too soon. 50 gems ain’t bad for doing literally nothing more than making attacks I’d already be making.