Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Reworks that may make the game feel more enjoyable (QOL wise)

Centennial Club

Reworks that may make the game feel more enjoyable (QOL wise)

Base links:
    Have the ability to choose to make a link never expire. There isn’t an obvious exploit I see and it would remove the need for people to constantly refresh links.

Recruiting:
    Be able to filter people based on attacks won this season (with a cap of 100) - would filter out the dead bases which make up 90% of the recruitment feed.

Clan description:
    Let us format better e.g. use the ENTER key to go to the next line! You can do this with copy paste keyboard / apps but this is not an in game thing which kind of sucks for a game in 2020.

Clan chat / links:
    For certain domains like YouTube or Clash of clans base links, let people be able to click on these in game rather than type them out manually. Or at the very least, let people hold down / copy and paste from clan chat.

Loot sink:
    Be able to make each tile of your base gold / a cool colour rather than green for a cost of like 10M gold / elixir. Would certainly be a large loot sink for maxed players.

Cc camp:
    Let players be able to have another camp made specifically for donations. I know this has been referred to time and time again, but it genuinely would be SOO useful and Male donating less of a chore.

Super troops:
    Remove the cooldown. If pro players can use two at once anyways by storing them, and triple rates aren’t obscenely high, it doesn’t seem like there would be a balancing issue if two super troops were allowed to be used at once. Especially with the introduction of “win condition” supers like the super witch rather than “utility” troops like super WBs, sometimes a certain super troop will be needed! It seems unfair to let cooldowns ruin that.

Appreciate any thoughts!

As for the base links, I don't quite understand what they're used for.

I think the recruiting change is not as important, but definitely a need without the ability to recruit via global chat. I don't like the way you want to filter out these dead bases though. Instead, maybe show the last time they were online? Attacks won doesn't really show activity as much as you think they do.

I think the clan description idea has been something wanted for years. Not being able to hit ENTER is a real hassle when making a professional looking clan description.

I also think the ability to copy and paste from the clan chat is a great idea. It's something that goes along with just being able to hit ENTER when making the clan description.

I'm not loving the loot sinking idea at all though. Not really something I'd be interested in and I'm not sure who would be. Loot sinking has been slowly being taken care of and I'm sure there's another solution out there, but I don't think this is it.

The CC camp isn't necessarily a bad idea, it's just not a probable one. I don't think the developers are going to take the time to make an entire camp with different pools of troops, just to satisfy the want of being able to donate easier. They already have 1 gem donations year-round for pass buyers, and there's nothing wrong with waiting.

As for Super troops this will never happen in my opinion because the cooldown is extremely vital to the pace of the game. Without the cooldown, people would be finishing the game a lot faster than they are now, and the loot sinking problem you mentioned would only get worse. As for having two super troops at the same time, I'm not sure if that is probable either. I just feel two super troops in the same army is way too OP and would destroy the game.

Hope this feedback helps. Great ideas.

Regarding:

"Base links:
    Have the ability to choose to make a link never expire. There isn’t an obvious exploit I see and it would remove the need for people to constantly refresh links.
    "

Not sure how base links work internally, but I have looked at the ulr of those links. They appear to me not to be "direct" links, but rather to a copy of the layout stored upon the clashofclans server. So if I am correct, each and every link created (even if never used) occupies space upon that server. If I am correct, do not blame them one iota on having a "shelf life". Else the server could become a garbage dump overtime, full of copies never used, nor ever will be.

Also remember people are, well they are people. Willing to bet if given the option, majority would designate the link as "never expire", even for the trash nobody will ever use. Then they come back in a week, cannot find that prior link (shared it but did not record a copy), and make yet another link to that same identical layout. So now two copies held forever of the same garbage never actually used.

Aging process has a purpose, allows for cycling and not storing garbage forever.
    Last edited by rowman; 1 Week Ago at 09:42 PM.

The base link doesnt really expire. I presume you mean the copy function of the base. It doesn't expire, it just disappears when enough messages have been sent after it.

For recruiting, I don't really care much. However, this might hurt players who mainly war.

The clan description doesn't really matter. I never read it. Usually the descriptions are years old, so this might not be worth the effort.

NO for the loot sink. I don't need shiny tiles distracting me when I'm attacked.

CC camp. Frequently requested

SC wants you to cycle troops. However, once enough super troops are added, they might allow you to use two at once.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonster123123 View Post
    The base link doesnt really expire. I presume you mean the copy function of the base.
    You're incorrect. They expire after they haven't been used for 28 days.

rowman has it right. These layouts and their links are hosted on a Supercell support. That's why they expire. If there were an option to make them never expire, everyone would select it. Storage space is at a premium, so I see no problem with having them expire after they haven't been used for nearly a month.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 711 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    You're incorrect. They expire after they haven't been used for 28 days.

rowman has it right. These layouts and their links are hosted on a Supercell support. That's why they expire. If there were an option to make them never expire, everyone would select it. Storage space is at a premium, so I see no problem with having them expire after they haven't been used for nearly a month.
    Ahh I see. I agree with you when you say there's no point in having them not expire. Bases are usually burnt after 1 month anyway.
    Last edited by Cookiemonster123123; 1 Week Ago at 10:28 PM.