Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Leaders changing war flags to/from RED/GREEN

Leaders changing war flags to/from RED/GREEN

Can SC have a think about enabling leaders/co's, so they can mark players as RED or GREEN for war.
    It's perhaps a minor thing, but it would mean that non attackers in a previous war can be marked RED by a leader for the next war.
    1. That player can't change that flag themselves for at least 1 war rotation, and
    2. All leaders at a glance can see who's genuinely up for wars when doing a search.
    Another idea might be that when you start a hero upgrade, your flag automatically goes RED, and changes back to GREEN when the upgrade has finished.
    Finally, can you create a new rank.
    War Party Leader.
    This would be allocated by the clan leader prior to the start of each war/CWL, and this war rank would not only give the War Party Leader the benefit of being able to tag an opposition base for whoever in that war party as is already the case, but also lock out anyone else, thereby stopping erroneous attacks by others. Obviously they could unlock it as well.
    The clan leader would have the option to override this in case of problems.
    Thanks
    Neb
    #20PCL0JLP

Who do we appreciate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebchadnezzer View Post
    Can SC have a think about enabling leaders/co's, so they can mark players as RED or GREEN for war.
    It's perhaps a minor thing, but it would mean that non attackers in a previous war can be marked RED by a leader for the next war.
    1. That player can't change that flag themselves for at least 1 war rotation, and
    2. All leaders at a glance can see who's genuinely up for wars when doing a search.
    Another idea might be that when you start a hero upgrade, your flag automatically goes RED, and changes back to GREEN when the upgrade has finished.
    Finally, can you create a new rank.
    War Party Leader.
    This would be allocated by the clan leader prior to the start of each war/CWL, and this war rank would not only give the War Party Leader the benefit of being able to tag an opposition base for whoever in that war party as is already the case, but also lock out anyone else, thereby stopping erroneous attacks by others. Obviously they could unlock it as well.
    The clan leader would have the option to override this in case of problems.
    Thanks
    Neb
    #20PCL0JLP
    There are other threads discussing leaders being able t9 change war status but general consensus is that leaders and Coís should be able to change from green to red but not the reverse (open to abuse as leader changes your status to green and then kicks you because you dont attack).
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Centennial Club
    I agree with it going red during hero upgrades and then green when done, but like Tosti said letting the clan leader or co change it can be abused. I either kick guys that don’t attack or keep them out of a few wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    There are other threads discussing leaders being able t9 change war status but general consensus is that leaders and Coís should be able to change from green to red but not the reverse (open to abuse as leader changes your status to green and then kicks you because you dont attack).
    I don't think this is a good idea at all. Every co that starts the search has the ability to remember who didn't attack in the previous war, and exclude them from the next regardless of the shield. The ability for a leader to change a members shield is an abuse of power and should never be implemented. Just remember who didn't attack. Simple.

As for the hero upgrade, that's improbable too because my clan has a feeder clan where you go to attack without heroes and whatnot. The game should never have the power to switch your shield without your consensus no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaakattack View Post
    I don't think this is a good idea at all. Every co that starts the search has the ability to remember who didn't attack in the previous war, and exclude them from the next regardless of the shield. The ability for a leader to change a members shield is an abuse of power and should never be implemented. Just remember who didn't attack. Simple.
    Nope, not that simple.

I'm not going to parrot all the reasons why this is idea has a lot of support, I'll leave it as an exercise for you to find and read the threads.

Thumbs up to leaders being able to change status. Two thumbs up, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Nope, not that simple.

I'm not going to parrot all the reasons why this is idea has a lot of support, I'll leave it as an exercise for you to find and read the threads.

Thumbs up to leaders being able to change status. Two thumbs up, actually.
    We're just finding more reasons to be lazier and more work for SC to do. I don't get what's difficult about going to your last war and logging who didn't hit.

If it's a big concern, there are many ways to log it through a third party platform such as Discord (I hope this isn't a COC competitor). These types of apps can give you the ability to log each attack in detail up to what percent you got on the base.

This is just too much power to clan leaders, and too much work for SC in my opinion.

We're just finding more reasons to be lazier and more work for SC to do. I don't get what's difficult about going to your last war and logging who didn't hit.

If it's a big concern, there are many ways to log it through a third party platform such as Discord (I hope this isn't a COC competitor). These types of apps can give you the ability to log each attack in detail up to what percent you got on the base.

This is just too much power to clan leaders, and too much work for SC in my opinion.
    And sometimes when a player goes on vacation for a week or 2 and forgets to change war status to red it can be forgotten half way through. So having the ability to change someone's status red is a good idea.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8

A few have said it now that it would give leaders too much power and that its open to abuse.
    Now Iím curious as to why it would give leaders too much powers and why it would be open to abuse
    I certainly may be missing something here but I just donít see it. Iíd certainly like this little QOL change to be implemented.

Leaders who can start war already have the opportunity to include players with a red badge and exclude green players from war.
    If a leader wants to be a <fill in any not so nice expletive of your choosing> and kick other players for no good reasons whatsoever he or she can already do that. So I donít see such a change being that dramatic and Iím sure it would be welcomed by quite a few people.

This isnít a matter of being lazy or not or we could call all inventions that make our every day life easier just enablers of laziness.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Who do we appreciate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    A few have said it now that it would give leaders too much power and that its open to abuse.
    Now I’m curious as to why it would give leaders too much powers and why it would be open to abuse
    I certainly may be missing something here but I just don’t see it. I’d certainly like this little QOL change to be implemented.

Leaders who can start war already have the opportunity to include players with a red badge and exclude green players from war.
    If a leader wants to be a <fill in any not so nice expletive of your choosing> and kick other players for no good reasons whatsoever he or she can already do that. So I don’t see such a change being that dramatic and I’m sure it would be welcomed by quite a few people.

This isn’t a matter of being lazy or not or we could call all inventions that make our every day life easier just enablers of laziness.
    Just to be clear, I and many others support allowing leaders to change it from green to red with no reservation. This allows for folks who are on vacation and forgot to change their status before they left. Worst effect of allowing leaders to make this change is someone is left out of war, no big deal.

I, and as evidenced in many other threads, many others believe that the reverse is open to abuse and this is the reason why:

If I am set to red and the leader changes my status to green and then starts a war, anyone who looks at my status will see it showing green. The entire clan will expect me to attack. I have no proof that i was set to red originally and the leader or any other CO may decide to kick me for not attacking because when they look at my status it shows green and as far as they know they are correct. Admittedly, this may result in an unmerited kick or it could be done so that a leader can mask his kick as Being justified. Yes, I can be included in war today with a red status but the difference is it SHOWS red despite being included in war. yes I can still be kicked For not attacking despite being red but at least there is no question about what actually happened.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 1 Week Ago at 01:26 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

This will give me more work to do. But,

either way or just green to red.