Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Sailfish] Device 'incompatible' per 29 june 2020

[Sailfish] Device 'incompatible' per 29 june 2020

Yesterday, 29 June I got a "update needed" message at startup (of Hay day) The game does not let me continue.

I don't know what you changed (except added squirrels apparently), but the game is now incompatible with my device, so I can not update it.
    I found here https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...=1#post1073667 that Google Play must be available, which is impossible on Sailfish OS devices. As Sailfish is running the open source Android (8.1), not the Google build, Google will never allow it access to Google Play. (I got the game through the APK Pure store, as google also doesn't allow open source android access to the Google Play store.)

Although the mention of that requirement is from November 2013, the game was running perfectly without Google Play.

Until yesterday that is.

I don't know whether the Google Play 'requirement' has now been flagged as a hard requirement, or what other change caused the incompatibility. Maybe it's a change you didn't deliberately make.
    I don't know if there is a way to see why the game is incompatible? The installer just say the APK is incompatible and refuses to install, without further details.

My Sony Xperia XA2 has Android 8.1 support, a 1920x1080 screen, and 3GB RAM, thus more than matching the other requirements.

I have version 1_46_149 (1621) and on https://apkpure.com/hay-day-android/...ayday/versions I can see there are 2 newer versions: 1_46_150 and 1_47_95.
    The 1_46_150 version already is not compatible, but apparently wasn't required to play either.
    The APK Pure app doesn't show me the incompatible versions, again without further explanation.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Redman684; 1 Week Ago at 08:46 AM. Reason: Also asking for help on investigating what makes it incompatible

Buy official smartphone, don't root it, download Hay Day from one official play stores (Google Play, App Store and Galaxy Store are only official stores, I don't know about Amazon) and start new Hay Day game because this your game not exist for Supercell and they won't help you with apk downloaded from unnofficial stores.
    But I am curious ,how you save your game progress without Google Play account all this years?!? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by meemeeme View Post
    Buy official smartphone, don't root it, download Hay Day from one official play stores (Google Play, App Store and Galaxy Store are only official stores, I don't know about Amazon) and start new Hay Day game because this your game not exist for Supercell and they won't help you with apk downloaded from unnofficial stores.
    I have an official (what does that even mean?) smartphone. It's not rooted and runs actual, official android (not emulated). Your advise is as insulting as telling somebody with an Android issue to go buy a "official iPhone".

What you call official stores, are stores affiliated with certain organizations. Manufacturers (except Huawei) can pay google to be allowed to put the play store on their device and monetize their users. Samsung has its own store for its Galaxy devices. APK pure is just as official an Android app store as any other. I don't think Supercell cares where I got their app, as long as I look at the ads and buy their diamonds.

But I am curious ,how you save your game progress without Google Play account all this years?!? ��
    The game state is saved on supercell servers together with an ID the app generated the first time it ran. (I am a bit guessing here, but it's an educated guess.) This ID is stored on your phone. Optionally they can link your play store ID, Facebook ID or Supercell account to it, so they can recognize you (the person) on other devices when you sign into your Google Play, Facebook or Supercell account.

Sorry, I mean official android.With Google Play Services. Your Xperia XA2 is maybe official, but it is not android. APKpure is third-part play store, so you download apk's there on your own risk.

Supercell ID is relativly new way to save Hay Day progress, released before 2-3 years.

"I don't think Supercell cares where I got their app, as long as I look at the ads and buy their diamonds."

You buy their diamonds? You get payment ticket from APKpure? 🙄

https://supercell.com/en/terms-of-service/

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    You can try writing support and see if they tell you the reason your device is incompatible post-update. Might alert them to the issue as well if it was not intended.
    Last edited by ilovehayday; 1 Week Ago at 07:13 PM.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner

ilovehayday, Xperia XA2 originaly is Android 8.0 Oreo and have Google certification. OP flashed his phone with Sailfish OS by Jolla and lost Sony warranty. He root his phone.