Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 4 Squirrels

Fresh Spawn

4 Squirrels

When can we upgrade to 4 sqirrels? Achievement board shows 4 should be available at some time.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Eweller View Post
    When can we upgrade to 4 sqirrels? Achievement board shows 4 should be available at some time.
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

I upgraded to 4 squirrels yesterday, by using diamonds on their house. Expensive, but they are so cute!

To do it the conventional way means they must collect 5500 peanuts.

I hope this helps

Hay Day level 187 (main farm) - I have seven others!

I just went back to the farm and checked on my squirrels. It would cost 133 diamonds to upgrade the treehouse to 4 squirrels. As Cowslips says, the squirrels have to collect 5500 “peanut pods” for the same upgrade if I want them to save me the diamonds. Happily, they’ve collected 1806 peanut pods in 24 hours. The 5500 must refer to the number of trips the squirrels take to the peanut bushes, not the number of bags of peanuts we collect from the treehouse. This is certainly more manageable. However, I’m tempted to do a diamond upgrade...I have a fair supply from diamond deco purchases.

Farm Level 133 | Town 43 | Achievements 145/150

It is really just a case of patience where the 4 squirrels are concerned, my collections are similar to MiniGardener, therefore within three days the upgrade will occur. Now getting to 6 squirrels is an entirely different matter !!

Ian
    Hay Day Level 166
    Town Level 62
    Achievements 145/150
    Fish All caught, some weights still needed

1 Day 6 Hours 34 Minutes

Each squirrel collects 1 peanut pod per minute. This is why it takes 2 squirrels 150 minutes (or 2h 30m) to collect the 300 peanut pods needed to make 1 sack of peanuts. Collecting 5,500 peanut pods will take the pair of squirrels 1 day 6 hours 34 minutes (assuming that you're online every 2h 30m to collect the peanut so they can get back to collecting peanut pods).

Quote Originally Posted by alpha1243 View Post
    Each squirrel collects 1 peanut pod per minute. This is why it takes 2 squirrels 150 minutes (or 2h 30m) to collect the 300 peanut pods needed to make 1 sack of peanuts. Collecting 5,500 peanut pods will take the pair of squirrels 1 day 6 hours 34 minutes (assuming that you're online every 2h 30m to collect the peanut so they can get back to collecting peanut pods).
    I don’t follow your math. It takes 300 peanut pods to make 1 peanut. The way I figure it, since we need 5,500 peanut pods for the first upgrade, that means the number of peanuts we need is 5,500/300, which is 18-1/3 peanuts. Since each peanut takes 150 minutes, 18-1/3 peanuts will take 18.33 x 150 = 2,750 minutes. That’s 45.83 hours, which is almost 2 days of non-stop collecting.

Am I missing something? How did you arrive at 1 day, 6+ hours?

So a question to the owners of four squirrels....if two squirrels take 2 1/2 hours to harvest, how long does it take four squirrels? Faster I hope!
    Started playing July 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dibz52 View Post
    So a question to the owners of four squirrels....if two squirrels take 2 1/2 hours to harvest, how long does it take four squirrels? Faster I hope!
    I’d like to think so but at the same time that you double the number of squirrels you also double the homes that need supplying so unless SC does some creative time dilation, or perhaps contraction, I don’t see that happening. What will happen is that we will get more peanuts each harvest. That might over time mitigate the current severe peanut shortage. Where’s a Jimmy Carter when you need one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dibz52 View Post

like for the bee ... you have the double of peanuts/honey in the same time, not the time divised by 2 ...
    so 2 bags in 2h30 ... them 3 bags in 2h30 and finally 4 bags in 2h30 ...
    Farm 146 ... Town 47 My goal is to have my level 150 with my town at 50 ... yeah crazy

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    I don’t follow your math. It takes 300 peanut pods to make 1 peanut. The way I figure it, since we need 5,500 peanut pods for the first upgrade, that means the number of peanuts we need is 5,500/300, which is 18-1/3 peanuts. Since each peanut takes 150 minutes, 18-1/3 peanuts will take 18.33 x 150 = 2,750 minutes. That’s 45.83 hours, which is almost 2 days of non-stop collecting.

Am I missing something? How did you arrive at 1 day, 6+ hours?
    You are correct !!

But, in terms of all the years we have been playing that is not very long, I always figured it will take me three days to upgrade.....then absolutely ages to get the third squirrel house !!

Ian
    Hay Day Level 166
    Town Level 62
    Achievements 145/150
    Fish All caught, some weights still needed