Thread: Unable to switch accounts using Google Play

Unable to switch accounts using Google Play

Hi guys

Is this a pebcak issue, or is anyone else facing this as well:

I just updated Google Play Games this morning, the current version is 2020.06.19383 (plus a whole string of numbers that I can't copy & paste here).

I'm running Android 9 on my tablet, and Clash is the most updated version (13.369.9).

After I updated Google Play Games, I can no longer switch accounts - tapping on the "Google Play Sign-In" does nothing and the button remains at "Disconnected" no matter how many times I tap it.

Any ideas?

It works on my mobile, running Android 8 though (Google Play Games there was not updated as there were no updates there).

Thanks.
    Last edited by dyknow; 1 Week Ago at 03:37 AM.

Fresh Spawn
    I got the same proplem. :'(

I'm still facing this issue, and I've tried uninstalling and installing Google Play Games, removing my Google accounts and adding them back, deleting all data for Google Play Service, uninstalling and re-installing Clash.

Nothing seems to work.

Oh well, I guess this is a great way to detox...

Quote Originally Posted by dyknow View Post
    I just updated Google Play Games this morning, the current version is 2020.06.19383 (plus a whole string of numbers that I can't copy & paste here).
    I'm running Android 9 on my tablet, and Clash is the most updated version (13.369.9).
    It sounds strange.

I have:
    Galaxy tab s5e with android 9 and gplay version 2020.04.18184
    Huawei p20pro with android 10 and gplay version 2020.04.18184

Both have no possible upgrade to your gplay versionand switching between gplay works fine. Where have you got that version from?

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Both have no possible upgrade to your gplay versionand switching between gplay works fine. Where have you got that version from?
    From the official Google Play Store. My Android tablet is the official version and not rooted.

I wish I did not update Google Play, tbh!

So, after uninstalling and reinstalling Google Play Games numerous times, the latest version 2020.06.19386 now works.

The earlier versions 2020.06.19383 and 2020.06.19385 did not work.